Long Hard Season

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
Tigers17

Long Hard Season

Post by Tigers17 » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 5:00 pm

I realise its the first hit out, the Auckland Nines, but really some of the players wearing the Tigers jersey, I shake my head. Is Mcllwrick really going to be considered for first grade, Heleta is as slow as I am, everytime Rankin plays for the Tigers I cringe, Littlejohn and Hunt are taking up salary cap, aren't we in trouble there. And finally Seumanufagai never have rated him, merely makes up the numbers, I just hope he is not named in the 17, Joel Edwards probably puts his hand but!!!! if Curtis Sironen wasn't a better player I give up.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 5:13 pm

It is going to be a long hard season if we have to read chicken little threads like these every week.

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 5:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Tigers17, lol

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 5:39 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:It is going to be a long hard season if we have to read chicken little threads like these every week.
Nice way to welcome a first post....

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 5:39 pm

Its always a long hard season in tigertown. I say cherish the wins and forget the losses

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 5:51 pm

If basing it on today's performances, it might be a long soft season.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 6:11 pm

Its all good there will be a ridiculous "fluff article from the club" saying we know we were bad but will do better and some people will swallow that as they always do.However if we are trying to attract another sponsor or get TPAs from Harry to boost our chances of keeping our top players or heaven forbid signing someone does anyone really believe today enhanced our chances?If i was a good player from another club do you think i would want to play with this uncoached rabble i saw today?
I have always believed you perform to your best at every opportunity today showed me yet again that some people at our club accept mediocrity.Not good enough imo.
Yes i am still angry
Last edited by jadtiger on Sat 04 Feb, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 6:12 pm

Tigers17 wrote:I realise its the first hit out, the Auckland Nines, but really some of the players wearing the Tigers jersey, I shake my head. Is Mcllwrick really going to be considered for first grade, Heleta is as slow as I am, everytime Rankin plays for the Tigers I cringe, Littlejohn and Hunt are taking up salary cap, aren't we in trouble there. And finally Seumanufagai never have rated him, merely makes up the numbers, I just hope he is not named in the 17, Joel Edwards probably puts his hand but!!!! if Curtis Sironen wasn't a better player I give up.
Curtis Sironen scored a try today for Manly as did Addo-Carr for Melbourne. To rub salt in Sironen told Anasta on Foxtel that he had found a new lese of life at Manly.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 8:40 pm

Really its a standard cliche for a player to say they have a new lease of life at a new club. I would not read too much into that.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 8:42 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tigers17 wrote:I realise its the first hit out, the Auckland Nines, but really some of the players wearing the Tigers jersey, I shake my head. Is Mcllwrick really going to be considered for first grade, Heleta is as slow as I am, everytime Rankin plays for the Tigers I cringe, Littlejohn and Hunt are taking up salary cap, aren't we in trouble there. And finally Seumanufagai never have rated him, merely makes up the numbers, I just hope he is not named in the 17, Joel Edwards probably puts his hand but!!!! if Curtis Sironen wasn't a better player I give up.
Curtis Sironen scored a try today for Manly as did Addo-Carr for Melbourne. To rub salt in Sironen told Anasta on Foxtel that he had found a new lese of life at Manly.
Thats fine whilst ever he was with us he would have sucked.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 8:49 pm

He might have realised that he is not going to get by on his surname. At lest he managed to take 2 years of money from his potential based contract out of the tigers

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 9:19 pm

Eddie wrote:Really its a standard cliche for a player to say they have a new lease of life at a new club. I would not read too much into that.
Yeah, Anasta was almost goading him into having a dig at his former club but he was fairly restrained.
Thought he looked decent though, scored a try in each game.
Interesting to see where he fits in come rd 1 - Manly have a lot of middling misfits in their squad

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 9:29 pm

We'll see how Curtis goes in the season proper.

He'd want to find a new lease at Manly, he certainly didn't find it at Wests.

Welcome to the forum T17.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 9:44 pm

jadtiger wrote:Its all good there will be a ridiculous "fluff article from the club" saying we know we were bad but will do better and some people will swallow that as they always do.However if we are trying to attract another sponsor or get TPAs from Harry to boost our chances of keeping our top players or heaven forbid signing someone does anyone really believe today enhanced our chances?If i was a good player from another club do you think i would want to play with this uncoached rabble i saw today?
I have always believed you perform to your best at every opportunity today showed me yet again that some people at our club accept mediocrity.Not good enough imo.
Yes i am still angry
I'm so glad i didn't watch any 9's action :lol: , deleted it as soon as i got home after reading some posts here Today .
jadtiger you are spot on , last year we got lucky with a few games i believe but the games that really mattered to win ? we got our backsides walloped.

Players like Teddy , Moses and Woods will need alot of convincing to stay beyond 2018 cause if you have aspirations of playing semi final footy year in year out with this squad you have no hope and also demnstrate that your going to get serious and buy some real quality for next year and beyond.

And JT ? i don't have to go there as my feelings haven't changed from last year can't Coach and never will .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 10:58 pm

cktiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:It is going to be a long hard season if we have to read chicken little threads like these every week.
Nice way to welcome a first post....
May be wrong, but a reincarnated forumer for mine.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 Feb, 2017 11:24 pm

supercoach wrote:Its always a long hard season in tigertown. I say cherish the wins and forget the losses
Forget the losses :shock:

Mate if we did that everyone would think all WT's fans suffered from dementia

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 2:45 am

happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:Its always a long hard season in tigertown. I say cherish the wins and forget the losses
Forget the losses :shock:

Mate if we did that everyone would think all WT's fans suffered from dementia
Forgetting losses isnt too hard, cherishing wins....yep. We dined out on '05 for 11 years now. I expect we might make it twelve come September. Lets hope we can change that.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 4:33 am

Winning or losing doesnt concern me. As long as we put in good performances and continue to improve, that's all I care about.