Long Hard Season

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27533
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: Long Hard Season

Post by innsaneink » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 12:58 pm

steve-o wrote:
innsaneink wrote:What did we think of our defense during the nines?
I thought our defense was good; We scrambled quite well and that's really the only type of defense there is in a 9s tournament.
What annoyed me was the one-out hit ups in attack - it showed me we weren't even trying on day 1, and that is not the attitude of a successful club
Scrambling Is All We Do Fairly Well Defensive Wise, But That Only Gets You So Far. . . Its Not Sustainable.
Our D Around The Ruck Was Very Average Yet Again. . . . I See No Change From Previous Years Really. . . Early Days Tho Im Not Confident


Tigerpies
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon 06 Feb, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Tigerpies » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 5:57 pm

:sign: I hate to see lots of negative comments on here. I believe we are going to have a better then average season and just scrape into the finals. More people on here need to get behind our blokes and cheer them on to success.its been many of years since ive looked so foward to season.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 6:31 pm

Tigerpies wrote::sign: I hate to see lots of negative comments on here. I believe we are going to have a better then average season and just scrape into the finals. More people on here need to get behind our blokes and cheer them on to success.its been many of years since ive looked so foward to season.
Itll happen mate. We're all dissapointed with how we finished up last year and are looking for signs that the side has addressed some issues. Come round 1 this forum will be united...until the game ends :lol:

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3797
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 6:42 pm

stryker wrote:
Tigerpies wrote::sign: I hate to see lots of negative comments on here. I believe we are going to have a better then average season and just scrape into the finals. More people on here need to get behind our blokes and cheer them on to success.its been many of years since ive looked so foward to season.
Itll happen mate. We're all dissapointed with how we finished up last year and are looking for signs that the side has addressed some issues. Come round 1 this forum will be united...until the game ends :lol:
Yep. Like Stryker said. we have just had a few knocks to the gonads recently. Once some good news breaks it swings around pretty quickly.
Hopefully the Simona thing is just journ's or dodgy scribes trolling the Tigers
and we see some good combos in the trials. Then everyone (well almost) will be pumped again.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tigerpies
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon 06 Feb, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Tigerpies » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 7:06 pm

I hope the simona news is rubbish, good chance it is. If not maybe looking at another gun centre for next year


User avatar
Lidcombe Magpie
Member
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon 21 Dec, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 7:30 pm

The Tigers have always been a cheap shot for jurno's desperate for a by line. Don't believe anything until you read a formal announcement from the club. No offence to any one on this site but nobody really has the full picture on what is happening between club, player and manager.

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1079
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 8:05 pm

Tigerpies wrote::sign: I hate to see lots of negative comments on here. I believe we are going to have a better then average season and just scrape into the finals. More people on here need to get behind our blokes and cheer them on to success.its been many of years since ive looked so foward to season.
You don't genuinely believe anything written here has any impact on team performance or club decisions? Please don't tell me that. If we're going to be taken seriously as a competitive NRL team, the comments here will have no bearing at all.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6821
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 8:06 pm

Tigerpies wrote:I hope the simona news is rubbish, good chance it is. If not maybe looking at another gun centre for next year
Sadly it isn't. Okay it might not happen, but he is been shopped around and if a deal can be struck between Tim a new club and the Tigers he is out the door.

Do I know this for sure?? No but I do know the Clubs has been trying to move a player since November without any luck to ease cap problems, first it was Nagamia and they wanted to pair the deal with Rankin but Nagamia wanted to stay put and of corse Lovett has been also shopped around too.

So my guess the clubs now desperate so they have to offer some real quality in order to get a nibble from the market place

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2762
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:11 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tigerpies wrote:I hope the simona news is rubbish, good chance it is. If not maybe looking at another gun centre for next year
Sadly it isn't. Okay it might not happen, but he is been shopped around and if a deal can be struck between Tim a new club and the Tigers he is out the door.

Do I know this for sure?? No but I do know the Clubs has been trying to move a player since November without any luck to ease cap problems, first it was Nagamia and they wanted to pair the deal with Rankin but Nagamia wanted to stay put and of corse Lovett has been also shopped around too.

So my guess the clubs now desperate so they have to offer some real quality in order to get a nibble from the market place
Unfortunately SC i believe you are correct nobody wants our poor players so naturally all we can do is get rid of a quality player AND pay part of his salary yet again.We have the worst bean counters anywhere.Our management team despite all that they have claimed to have us ok by 2017 dont seem to have achieved it.As always i will support my team despite coaching/management.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5140
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:16 pm

I have already got my Rorters mate sticking it to me! Another long year ahead.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21020
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:16 pm

jadtiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Tigerpies wrote:I hope the simona news is rubbish, good chance it is. If not maybe looking at another gun centre for next year
Sadly it isn't. Okay it might not happen, but he is been shopped around and if a deal can be struck between Tim a new club and the Tigers he is out the door.

Do I know this for sure?? No but I do know the Clubs has been trying to move a player since November without any luck to ease cap problems, first it was Nagamia and they wanted to pair the deal with Rankin but Nagamia wanted to stay put and of corse Lovett has been also shopped around too.

So my guess the clubs now desperate so they have to offer some real quality in order to get a nibble from the market place
Unfortunately SC i believe you are correct nobody wants our poor players so naturally all we can do is get rid of a quality player AND pay part of his salary yet again.We have the worst bean counters anywhere.Our management team despite all that they have claimed to have us ok by 2017 dont seem to have achieved it.As always i will support my team despite coaching/management.
Wouldn't make much sense for them to say we'd be out of the woods come this year when 20 players are off contract, including several inflated back ended contracts. 2018 is the year the slate is wiped clean.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2762
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Tigerpies wrote:I hope the simona news is rubbish, good chance it is. If not maybe looking at another gun centre for next year
Sadly it isn't. Okay it might not happen, but he is been shopped around and if a deal can be struck between Tim a new club and the Tigers he is out the door.

Do I know this for sure?? No but I do know the Clubs has been trying to move a player since November without any luck to ease cap problems, first it was Nagamia and they wanted to pair the deal with Rankin but Nagamia wanted to stay put and of corse Lovett has been also shopped around too.

So my guess the clubs now desperate so they have to offer some real quality in order to get a nibble from the market place
Unfortunately SC i believe you are correct nobody wants our poor players so naturally all we can do is get rid of a quality player AND pay part of his salary yet again.We have the worst bean counters anywhere.Our management team despite all that they have claimed to have us ok by 2017 dont seem to have achieved it.As always i will support my team despite coaching/management.
Wouldn't make much sense for them to say we'd be out of the woods come this year when 20 players are off contract, including several inflated back ended contracts. 2018 is the year the slate is wiped clean.
In 2018 i am sure i will be reading that all will be fine in 2019.Tomorrow never comes(with apologies to the Beatles)

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6821
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:23 pm

You just wonder what effect these shops have on the general moral of the playing group.Does it split the group or cause in fighting?? Or is it regarded as part of being a pro footballer.

I know if I had trained my backside off during the preseason, and than told three weeks out from kick off that the club wanted to shop me I would not be a happy camper.

Surely the bean counters must be held accountable

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2762
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:26 pm

supercoach wrote:You just wonder what effect these shops have on the general moral of the playing group.Does it split the group or cause in fighting?? Or is it regarded as part of being a pro footballer.

I know if I had trained my backside off during the preseason, and than told three weeks out from kick off that the club wanted to shop me I would not be a happy camper.

Surely the bean counters must be held accountable
Precisely it really is amateur hour and never seems to have changed.No wonder i am a cynical old bugger

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21020
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:33 pm

jadtiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Sadly it isn't. Okay it might not happen, but he is been shopped around and if a deal can be struck between Tim a new club and the Tigers he is out the door.

Do I know this for sure?? No but I do know the Clubs has been trying to move a player since November without any luck to ease cap problems, first it was Nagamia and they wanted to pair the deal with Rankin but Nagamia wanted to stay put and of corse Lovett has been also shopped around too.

So my guess the clubs now desperate so they have to offer some real quality in order to get a nibble from the market place
Unfortunately SC i believe you are correct nobody wants our poor players so naturally all we can do is get rid of a quality player AND pay part of his salary yet again.We have the worst bean counters anywhere.Our management team despite all that they have claimed to have us ok by 2017 dont seem to have achieved it.As always i will support my team despite coaching/management.
Wouldn't make much sense for them to say we'd be out of the woods come this year when 20 players are off contract, including several inflated back ended contracts. 2018 is the year the slate is wiped clean.
In 2018 i am sure i will be reading that all will be fine in 2019.Tomorrow never comes(with apologies to the Beatles)
Our entire squad is off contract this year. Think about how much sense that makes.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39039
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 9:33 pm

LCA wrote:
Tigerpies wrote::sign: I hate to see lots of negative comments on here. I believe we are going to have a better then average season and just scrape into the finals. More people on here need to get behind our blokes and cheer them on to success.its been many of years since ive looked so foward to season.
You don't genuinely believe anything written here has any impact on team performance or club decisions? Please don't tell me that. If we're going to be taken seriously as a competitive NRL team, the comments here will have no bearing at all.
Maybe it should

If the players knew exactly what we thought on some of their performances from 2016 maybe they might begin to understand the fans frustrations

Yeah you usually knew when you had a bad game , but hearing it from a couple of hundred fans , might help get the blood boiling for the following game

I'm all about accountability for everyone across the board

Tigerpies
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon 06 Feb, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Tigerpies » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 11:35 am

Well lca, how would you know that none of our players read this forum. I dont think you would know unless your besties with them all. All im saying is to get behind the boys and show some support for your team. I think going from second last to one win from the finals makes us a serious team and quite competitive. We could of gone down to last spot but finished one win out of the finals.

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Furious1 » Tue 07 Feb, 2017 12:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:What did we think of our defense during the nines?
Only saw one game, but the one I saw did nothing to encourage me on what's to come. Hitting and sticking still seemed to be a massive problem

Post Reply