Matt mcilwrick

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
Geo.

Re: Matt mcilwrick

Post by Geo. » Thu 09 Feb, 2017 10:47 pm

Nelson wrote:
Geo. wrote:Well going off Adam Reynolds and Madge's recent comments it may be Robbie Farah and Matt McIlwrick facing off in ISP Cup...
I'd say they're: a) antagonising him for motivation; and b) keeping him in his place...and I'd say you are: a) b) c) and d) trying to stir Paws.
Don't shoot the messenger...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Feb, 2017 11:15 pm

Geo. wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Geo. wrote:Well going off Adam Reynolds and Madge's recent comments it may be Robbie Farah and Matt McIlwrick facing off in ISP Cup...
I'd say they're: a) antagonising him for motivation; and b) keeping him in his place...and I'd say you are: a) b) c) and d) trying to stir Paws.
Don't shoot the messenger...
It's open season once the message is delivered :lol:

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 6:43 am

Nelson wrote:
At least Warren McDonnell cannot be blamed for these two as he was responsible for junior recruitment.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 10:34 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:More to the point if the recruitment of Ballin and Mcllwrich is an example of the standard of player we want to attract to the club, this pot of gold at the end of the rainbow about big name players for 2018 will be worth a giggle. Far from bleating, this is a legitimate concern but Nelson you are always good for a laugh if nothing else!
Ballin is a short term signing to assist Liddle as he comes of age.
McIlwrick, as has been mentioned several times, is a signing primarily for the NSW Cup squad.

As for the so-called rainbow, we have very little cap space in 2017. We have oodles of cap space for 2018. I'm sceptical as to whether we'll spend that space well, but it's pretty obvious why next year is looked upon differently.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 12:59 pm

Look at the teams that finished top 4 and were serious contenders over the last 10 years and you'll find the vast majority of them had an NRL quality established no9.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 1:48 pm

TIGER wrote:Look at the teams that finished top 4 and were serious contenders over the last 10 years and you'll find the vast majority of them had an NRL quality established no9.
Could be correct, but I couldn't be bothered doing the research. Can you list the top 4 from the last 10 years, their number 9 and the number of games they played?

Tigers won the comp in 2005 with an untried 20yo, Manly won in 2008 & 2011with Ballin, St George won in 2010 with Dean Young, Souths won in 2014 with Korisau

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 5:59 pm

gallagher wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:The Sharks managed to acquire Cherrington, have two Aust School hookers (the Brailey brothers) and are also chasing Segs from the UK. The Sharks did not extend McIllwrick and instead we have him and all I read is self congratulatory backslapping about how he is good third option backup! Please, who are we attempting to fool? Did we chase any junior rep hookers to fill the vacancy left by Cherrington's departure?
Liddle is filling the vacancy left by Cherrington... And they are working on Daniel Peck [junior rep] as Liddle's replacement.
THanks.

Who replaces Robbie? :D
If Ballin plays only 9 games this year then he fills the 9 Farah played last year.
If Ballin plays 9 games this year it will be as big a miracle as the second coming of JC

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 7:55 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Liddle is filling the vacancy left by Cherrington... And they are working on Daniel Peck [junior rep] as Liddle's replacement.
THanks.

If Ballin plays only 9 games this year then he fills the 9 Farah played last year.
If Ballin plays 9 games this year it will be as big a miracle as the second coming of JC
Is Ballin your new whipping Boy GCT?

I think we should call him "Horse" - cause you are sure riding him hard. Lol

kafta

Post by kafta » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 8:02 pm

Russell wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
THanks.

Well GCT love's riding all hookers hard ;)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 9:45 pm

kafta wrote:
Russell wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote: If Ballin plays only 9 games this year then he fills the 9 Farah played last year.

I know he's a fantastic bloke and kisses babies.
Unless he can get on the field and play some games.
He's a waste of money.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 4:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:Yeh Reggies Level
May have been a bit harsh.... Didn't show a lot in the nines but he was pretty good last night... Some good scoots and he defense seemed ok

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 6:01 pm

Didn;t overplay his hand,was good to see.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 6:09 pm

hodgo wrote:to be honest we have needed to stiffen up our middle defense for a long time. We have very few hitters that stop people at the line. Ballins a hitter i liked the idea just hasnt worked out
not much use been a hitter when u never play, but he was never signed to play was he , it was just to get up robbies nose.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 6:40 pm

bp tiger wrote:
hodgo wrote:to be honest we have needed to stiffen up our middle defense for a long time. We have very few hitters that stop people at the line. Ballins a hitter i liked the idea just hasnt worked out
not much use been a hitter when u never play, but he was never signed to play was he , it was just to get up robbies nose.
Reads like its got up your nose more

...and its 'being'....being a hitter

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
May have been a bit harsh.... Didn't show a lot in the nines but he was pretty good last night... Some good scoots and he defense seemed ok
Nice to have a hooker that is looking for a hole when he has a scoot , not the ref

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 6:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Nice to have a hooker that is looking for a hole when he has a scoot , not the ref
and does not dump preseason training because of super bowl :D

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 6:52 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
kafta wrote:
Russell wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

I know he's a fantastic bloke and kisses babies.
Unless he can get on the field and play some games.
He's a waste of money.
So instead of 'giving' it on him before the season even starts, how about we give him a chance, eh?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 7:04 pm

Every team has their share of signings that go pear shaped. Funny how these same critics are silent when it comes to guys like ET and Aloiai.