Wests Tigers Trial Squad v Dragons

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
jirskyr

Re: Wests Tigers Trial Squad v Dragons

Post by jirskyr » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:39 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Great just got a text from a mate that went to Belmore can't elaborate what was said but he pretty much said " Thanks for Te Marie Martin your mob wouldn't know talent if you tripped over one " he also said a few things about Austin.
Easy target supporting our Club .
Err Austin came from Penrith.

Also
Michael Jennings
Luke Lewis
Michael Gordon
Lachlan Coote
Wade Graham
James Roberts

Not exactly poster boys for retaining talent.

Tiger4life

Post by Tiger4life » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:52 pm

:supporter:
weststigerman wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:Great just got a text from a mate that went to Belmore can't elaborate what was said but he pretty much said " Thanks for Te Marie Martin your mob wouldn't know talent if you tripped over one " he also said a few things about Austin.
Easy target supporting our Club .
Would you prefer we got rid of Moses to keep Martin? :roll:
Getting rid of Te Marie for Moses is the right decision for sure. But only if Moses stays. If he doesnt then were screwed.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 11:02 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Onya Happy,

The thing i love about our club.... Consistancy
Sorry Spartan

Not going to sugar coat it

Tiger_Pete

Post by Tiger_Pete » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 11:15 pm

Remember how last year we drew 30-all with the Sharks, and they went on to win the comp. How did that go for us? Trials mean very little...

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 11:16 pm

Can't believe some of our supporters are ready to throw themselves onto the train tracks because we got beat in a trial...... it would hardly be worth a celebratory beer even if we won 70-0 IMO.
Not worth stressing about, probably might be if our spine was playing but they weren't. Sure our depth is nonexistent but we all knew that before tonight. No surprises.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 11:41 pm

Phone died in the last 20...which was pretty much a cluster for both teams...2 one legged seagulls fighting over a chip seemed apt...

1st Quarter we had our strongest side on the park and looked good especially in D which was pleasing Grant Ava Taylor Rowdy MCK Heleta and Suli were the pick... Sue played right edge back row and certainly stiffened that side in D and apart from dropping it cold from a tap restart in the Dragons 30 ran hard...McIlwrick was OK but still managed 3 forward passes from dummy half in his time on the field it was pretty much downhill from there...

Marshall-King played the second 20 at 9 and was very good..wont happen but he would be my pick as the back up ...played in the halves in the last 20 when McIlwrick went back on...

The Halves... well lets hope Brooks and Moses stay fit cause both Littlejohn and Hunt were poor tonight especially kicking in general play and organising apart from 1 kick from Littlejohn for Nofoaluma's Try which even then came a little off the side of the boot..

Idris played about 30 minutes and was very hard to put down every time he ran the ball..made some good hits in D..not sure how that stint will translate into 80mins at centre week to week..

Of the rest in the last 20 ..Junior Tatola was the pick made some very good charges and I think it was Leumulu No.25 who was parked on the wing had a good run but that was pretty much it..

Oh and I'm not usually one to bag or put the boot into our guys but I can't go without a special mention to Rankin...he played wing dropped it on his first carry ..he played 9 threw a forward pass from dummy half ..he played in the halves and put 1 kick up that went backwards...Went to Fullback and was actually OK ..ran the ball fairly strongly but I think we are covered in that position..

I don't think the players or the coaching staff would have got a lot out of that trial...Hopefully with a near full strength hit out against the Cows next week will offer a little more...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:13 am

Geo. wrote:Phone died in the last 20...which was pretty much a cluster for both teams...2 one legged seagulls fighting over a chip seemed apt...

1st Quarter we had our strongest side on the park and looked good especially in D which was pleasing Grant Ava Taylor Rowdy MCK Heleta and Suli were the pick... Sue played right edge back row and certainly stiffened that side in D and apart from dropping it cold from a tap restart in the Dragons 30 ran hard...McIlwrick was OK but still managed 3 forward passes from dummy half in his time on the field it was pretty much downhill from there...

Marshall-King played the second 20 at 9 and was very good..wont happen but he would be my pick as the back up ...played in the halves in the last 20 when McIlwrick went back on...

The Halves... well lets hope Brooks and Moses stay fit cause both Littlejohn and Hunt were poor tonight especially kicking in general play and organising apart from 1 kick from Littlejohn for Nofoaluma's Try which even then came a little off the side of the boot..

Idris played about 30 minutes and was very hard to put down every time he ran the ball..made some good hits in D..not sure how that stint will translate into 80mins at centre week to week..

Of the rest in the last 20 ..Junior Tatola was the pick made some very good charges and I think it was Leumulu No.25 who was parked on the wing had a good run but that was pretty much it..

Oh and I'm not usually one to bag or put the boot into our guys but I can't go without a special mention to Rankin...he played wing dropped it on his first carry ..he played 9 threw a forward pass from dummy half ..he played in the halves and put 1 kick up that went backwards...Went to Fullback and was actually OK ..ran the ball fairly strongly but I think we are covered in that position..

I don't think the players or the coaching staff would have got a lot out of that trial...Hopefully with a near full strength hit out against the Cows next week will offer a little more...
Thanks Geo , very muchly appreciated

Glad to see that little experiment worked a treat in the trial

What was the purpose again ..... :?

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:21 am

Geo. wrote: Marshall-King played the second 20 at 9 and was very good..wont happen but he would be my pick as the back up ...played in the halves in the last 20 when McIlwrick went back on...
How did he look in defence?
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks for all the updates Geo... I think for all the good work we can let you keep your membership for at least another week