2017 lack of interest

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
king sirro

2017 lack of interest

Post by king sirro » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 1:46 pm

Anyone else feeling underwhemed about the 2017 season starting?

Dont get me wrong, im looking forward to round one, but my interest is way down on previous years. Im quite concerned about how little im bothered by it all. The nines and the all stars games certainly reminded me at how boring the game can be. I know they aren't true indicators of the real comp but the video ref stuff in the all stars game just had me syaing all over again "this game really has gone bad". Last year i only ever watched the Tigers games. I always had the other games on but didn't focus on it too much, head in phone, cooking dinner etc etc. I fear that will increase in 2017.

Someone give me a reason why the game will improve in 2017 please, i need it.

A few Tigers wins will most likely change my thinking though.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 1:54 pm

This is actually the most hyped I've felt about a season in a few years. If we happen to lose more than one of the big 4 to another club though, my interest will diminish significantly.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 2:00 pm

The club needed to bolster its forward strength and did not..it is going to be last season all over again with most clubs owning the forward pack .There will be high lights yes but I really do not get the feeling that it is going to be a great year.....reality for me is a finishing point around 10 th place ,the team just has not got the power in the forwards to sustain a long run of victorys just my opinion.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 2:05 pm

Snake wrote:The club needed to bolster its forward strength and did not..it is going to be last season all over again with most clubs owning the forward pack .There will be high lights yes but I really do not get the feeling that it is going to be a great year.....reality for me is a finishing point around 10 th place ,the team just has not got the power in the forwards to sustain a long run of victorys just my opinion.
While the Tigers performances are taken into account with my post, its more about the game of rugby league itself. From top to bottom, from commentator to commentator, from coach to coach, from meathead player stuffing up publicly to another meathead player doing the same, i just dont find much positive in it all.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 2:42 pm

No..can't wait..

You should get into fantasy league then you even care about the plebs chosen by the other 15 teams..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 2:49 pm

Geo. wrote:No..can't wait..

You should get into fantasy league then you even care about the plebs chosen by the other 15 teams..
Thats not a bad suggestion. Might help me actually watch other games.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 3:09 pm

Is there a forum league i can join?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 3:13 pm

king sirro wrote:

Is there a forum league i can join?
Sure thing Sirro

Go to..https://fantasy.nrl.com to join then enter the invite code for the league..

Wests Tigers Forum 2
INVITE CODE
N2CK24TV

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=28268&start=36
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 3:48 pm

Channel 9 strangles the life out of any game. The commentating last night was as woeful as ever. I found last year more enjoyable due to all games being on Fox. Cant wait for it to start.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 4:11 pm

What's the idea of that twit Bracey being a commentator.
What a joke. I'd even rather Pops Warren ,

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 4:23 pm

Can't wait for these footy to start. Interest may wain somewhat if the side fails to perform in the 1st few weeks.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 4:23 pm

I felt that way before the start of 2016 season but then got foxtel put on and ended up watching nearly every game on there. The channel 9 broadcast sucks these days

I'm pumped for this year.

As geo said tipping comps and fantasy help with getting you interested in the other 7 games each week as well

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 4:40 pm

king sirro wrote:Anyone else feeling underwhemed about the 2017 season starting?

Dont get me wrong, im looking forward to round one, but my interest is way down on previous years. Im quite concerned about how little im bothered by it all. The nines and the all stars games certainly reminded me at how boring the game can be. I know they aren't true indicators of the real comp but the video ref stuff in the all stars game just had me syaing all over again "this game really has gone bad". Last year i only ever watched the Tigers games. I always had the other games on but didn't focus on it too much, head in phone, cooking dinner etc etc. I fear that will increase in 2017.

Someone give me a reason why the game will improve in 2017 please, i need it.

A few Tigers wins will most likely change my thinking though.
I agree 100% Sirro.
The game has become boring. Very predictable, I call it tackle touch football. I taped last nights game and even the great JT who I love couldn't stop me from fast forwarding to any period where the attacking team was close to the line to score.

The only game of football I can watch now are WT games and SOO and I watch while fast forwarding any game I have a bet on. Without monetry involvement i won't watch. Even when watching WT games I do not get the highs I used to get from a win but I also do not get the lows when we lose. Care factor is very little. Like you a couple of wins or even a season or two of the WT improving may change that

The day spite was pushed out of the game was the day it became boring. The day players started socializing with other player s from other teams was when you knew most of the players were there for the pay and not care how they play.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 4:50 pm

marzie wrote:I felt that way before the start of 2016 season but then got foxtel put on and ended up watching nearly every game on there. The channel 9 broadcast sucks these days

I'm pumped for this year.

As geo said tipping comps and fantasy help with getting you interested in the other 7 games each week as well
Yep, they're just so whingey on channel 9. Goulds attitude of tearing everything down has just spread to the rest of the commentators.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 4:52 pm

Johns penchant for giggling like a pre-pubescent girl is also stomach turning.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 5:23 pm

Johns and Fittler are simply mental midgets and are incapable of any analytical commentary that doesn't involve the bleeding obvious,or alternatively their long ago past deeds.That may include last weeks misemeanours...if they can remember that far back...but who cares?
Against these guys Gould is indeed relatively smarter,but believes each of his words are pearls of wisdom ,but theyre mostly condescending rubbish and full of his own self importance.
The free to air game deserves a fresh commentary team...Fox is so much more watchable.
Nine still thinks NRL coverage is targetting Fattys footy show audience,and that's the core issue.NRL has a much broader audience(and ratings)than the Footyshow,but that too(NRL) be on the same slippery slope unless quality of commentary improves

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 6:45 pm

I friggin love footy, can't wait every year when it comes back. Watch it with my kids, watch it with my Dad, watch it with my mates. It defines the weekend, I've put the Tigers games in my calendar and we need to schedule around those.

And every year it's the same, maybe even a bit more pleased for footy as I get older and older.

Tigers are a chance every year since they became Wests Tigers, that always gives me good vibes come round 1.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm excited to see what they can achieve in 2017