2017 lack of interest

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
innsaneink

Re: 2017 lack of interest

Post by innsaneink » Thu 16 Feb, 2017 8:17 pm

jirskyr wrote:I have a question related to all this: how come people feeling a lack of interest about footy this year want to post about their lack of interest? Seems kind of ironic to me.

Not judging anyone, just interested in the mindset of wanting to tell people you don't care so much. It would probably be true to say you still care far more than the average punter, to bother coming in here to talk about Tigers?
Only one wanted to post, several others with similar feelings shared, its a discussion

Whats a giant hashtag?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 12:16 am

innsaneink wrote:
Whats a giant hashtag?
I don't follow?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 12:51 am

jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Whats a giant hashtag?
I don't follow?
One 30000 x # this one perhaps Ink

Big enough ??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 5:29 am

jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Whats a giant hashtag?
I don't follow?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 7:23 am

savetimsim
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 9:34 am

jirskyr wrote:I have a question related to all this: how come people feeling a lack of interest about footy this year want to post about their lack of interest? Seems kind of ironic to me.

Not judging anyone, just interested in the mindset of wanting to tell people you don't care so much. It would probably be true to say you still care far more than the average punter, to bother coming in here to talk about Tigers?
I think for the supporters who have a lack of interest in the game or club are letting the negatives of both cloud their judgement,by that I mean as far as getting into the excitement of the upcoming season,the past failures of the NRL and our club are in the forefront of their thinking,nothing wrong with that, its called being disappointed...however I take all the negatives such as,poor refereeing,video refs,rule changes etc from the NRL and inhouse dramas at our club such as Farah,poor team selection,doubt over contract agreements etc and I turn them into "I cant wait for kick off" to see how better our team look and perform from the start,Sulli,Idris and others face up to the challenge,JTs coaching and team selections and from the NRL,what changes have they made and how much better are the games going to be with these changes..theres lots to look forward to,but you must stay positive and look to the future not the past....If you are a true supporter and lover of rugby league,then in my opinion you will get some disappointment,but never a lack of interest......
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 10:20 am

Geo. wrote:Image

savetimsim
Its tiny Geo

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 4:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Only one wanted to post, several others with similar feelings shared, its a discussion

Whats a giant hashtag?
Since i started the thread i will try to answer it the best i can.

While i do have less interest this year in the game, i will always watch every tigers match, no matter how frustrated i will be with them or the NRL. While interest is dropping, its a lifelong inbred of Tiger support that just doesnt go away. So basically, i post this in a Tigers forum because no matter how disappointed or despondent i am, there will always be a small bit of hope that makes me tune in every Tigers game, but that desnt take away the point of losing interest. Does that make sense?

The other games i fear i may never get interested in on a regular basis again.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 Feb, 2017 4:10 pm

savetimsim

Ladies and Gentleman , well may we say "God save Kyle Lovett" because no one will #savetimsim ;)

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 7:34 am

I'm excited always. We will improve. We will compete. We will excite. The deadwood is gradually being shifted on replaced by youth. Believe.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 8:47 am

king sirro wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Whats a giant hashtag?
Since i started the thread i will try to answer it the best i can.

While i do have less interest this year in the game, i will always watch every tigers match, no matter how frustrated i will be with them or the NRL. While interest is dropping, its a lifelong inbred of Tiger support that just doesnt go away. So basically, i post this in a Tigers forum because no matter how disappointed or despondent i am, there will always be a small bit of hope that makes me tune in every Tigers game, but that desnt take away the point of losing interest. Does that make sense?

The other games i fear i may never get interested in on a regular basis again.
I was like you a few years ago re the other games .

Then I started playing SuperCoach , it rekindles the interest & also makes you analyse games & players like you hadn't done previously .

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 8:52 am

happy tiger wrote:

savetimsim

Ladies and Gentleman , well may we say "God save Kyle Lovett" because no one will #savetimsim ;)
Haha brilliant

Maybe Geo should start a campaign for Rankin... With friends like him....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:33 am

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

savetimsim

Haha brilliant

What was it you were saying about hindsight to happy the other day...seems very apt here...

Given our lack of depth on the field in the centre position it would seem silly to let go of one of the more experienced players in that position..

Given what has allegedly transpired off the field... well if proven... it's a no brainer and the NRL will take that out of the Clubs hands..

I'll change my avatar to Rankin if you like..that's worked well in the past with Marty and Robbie...
Ivan's Laws

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:43 am

Hit a nerve clearly... Haha

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:47 am

innsaneink wrote:Hit a nerve clearly... Haha
Oh so you were just trolling my bad...don't worry about any actual discussion...
Ivan's Laws

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 11:09 am

Oooh touchy...

You mention actual discussion?
Thats ironic

Let it go, let it go, let it go

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 11:13 am

Looks like a giant # to me...
Ivan's Laws

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Feb, 2017 6:31 pm

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

savetimsim

Haha brilliant

What was it you were saying about hindsight to happy the other day...seems very apt here...

Given our lack of depth on the field in the centre position it would seem silly to let go of one of the more experienced players in that position..

Given what has allegedly transpired off the field... well if proven... it's a no brainer and the NRL will take that out of the Clubs hands..

I'll change my avatar to Rankin if you like..that's worked well in the past with Marty and Robbie...
Won't help with Rankin in a Titans jersey :crazy

Look apart from the missed shot at goal I couldn't really fault Rankin last night and his defence was really good