So much for preseason training!!!!

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
maxxy86

So much for preseason training!!!!

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:42 pm

Well its come to a point where I'm sick of hearing what and how we are going in preseason. What I've seen so far hasn't impressed me at all. I'm starting to wonder whether this season is a write off already.
I am also wondering whether the coach is worth holding onto either. My mind still goes back to fathers day last year and that pathetic performance against the raiders. My mate and I travelled down there just to be apart of what we thought the times were changing for the wests tigers. Might add my first trip to leichardt oval.
Honestly don't think that Taylor has got it to be an NRL coach. Rounds 1-6 very important now more than ever.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

matchball

Post by matchball » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:44 pm

I actually logged on to see the meltdowns.
This was here posted 30 seconds before.
Thanks for not disappointing.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:48 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Well its come to a point where I'm sick of hearing what and how we are going in preseason. What I've seen so far hasn't impressed me at all. I'm starting to wonder whether this season is a write off already.
I am also wondering whether the coach is worth holding onto either. My mind still goes back to fathers day last year and that pathetic performance against the raiders. My mate and I travelled down there just to be apart of what we thought the times were changing for the wests tigers. Might add my first trip to leichardt oval.
Honestly don't think that Taylor has got it to be an NRL coach. Rounds 1-6 very important now more than ever.
I agree rounds 1-6 will be important....but....we play Rabbitohs, Panthers, Raiders, Storm, Dragons and Cowboys....

We will be lucky to be 1-5...and that folks will mean our big 4 will have doubts about signing up with us and the season will only spiral downwards.....tough times ahead

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:52 pm

Sleep it off

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 10:57 pm

tigerap wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:Well its come to a point where I'm sick of hearing what and how we are going in preseason. What I've seen so far hasn't impressed me at all. I'm starting to wonder whether this season is a write off already.
I agree rounds 1-6 will be important....but....we play Rabbitohs, Panthers, Raiders, Storm, Dragons and Cowboys....

We will be lucky to be 1-5...and that folks will mean our big 4 will have doubts about signing up with us and the season will only spiral downwards.....tough times ahead
I'd rather have a tough start to the year, lots of upsets early on.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:11 am

lol tell me this post is a piss taker.

We were missing our entire spine. Our best forwards weren't playing. Our first choice centres weren't playing, (idris played the second half). To top it all off we had our third choice hooker playing.

What did you expect, a miracle?

It was a state cup game pretty much.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 4:39 am

Milky wrote:lol tell me this post is a piss taker.

We were missing our entire spine. Our best forwards weren't playing. Our first choice centres weren't playing, (idris played the second half). To top it all off we had our third choice hooker playing.

Nope I'm not taking the piss Milky....did you happen to see the dragons team?? And we led 10 -0 after 20 minutes and don't score for the last hour. I don't care who was playing that's just NOT good enough thru my eyes.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 4:40 am

The game was between 2 sides who where well below full strength and from the lower end of last years table.The fact that we lost dosent worry me at all the fact that there seems to be not much improvement does.
Next week once again is "only" a trial so wrist slashing is not called for if we lose, but far more cohesion is a must.The team has to start looking like a coached and prepared unit and not a random outfit.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 4:50 am

maxxy86 wrote:

Nope I'm not taking the piss Milky....did you happen to see the dragons team?? And we led 10 -0 after 20 minutes and don't score for the last hour. I don't care who was playing that's just NOT good enough thru my eyes.
you probably should care who was playing... i dont see how a spine of Rankin, Masters, JLJ and McIllwrick has anything to do with how our attack will look in 2017

:roll: :roll:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 5:00 am

pHyR3 wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:

you probably should care who was playing... i dont see how a spine of Rankin, Masters, JLJ and McIllwrick has anything to do with how our attack will look in 2017

:roll: :roll:
Yeah your probably right just found out that masters was playing 5/8th the last quarter. But from what I heard about Rankins game he shouldn't be anywhere near nexts weeks trial OR round 1 selections. He should keep to car detailing IMO

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 8:23 am

Fair dinkum,do some of you really understand the concept of trial games,Taylor has to give these players a run to see what the depth and young guys have,its alright to bag players like Rankin but don't forget he has been shoved from pillar to post in different positions to fill voids,so what if he had a bad game,lots of top players have bad games and this is only trials..before you all go and slash your wrists,when the top 17 is chosen that's when Taylors coaching will come under the microsope .when the WTs field their top NRL team,that will be the team judged on performance,not some state cuppers and rookies..

Hopefully the guys who didn't play last night will show us how far they have reached as far as fitness and ball handling goes in next weeks TRIAL!!

Enjoy the ride guys,there will be plenty of ups and downs this year,more ups than downs hopefully..I can't wait for season 2017 to kick off.... 8-)
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 8:40 am

Jesus, get a grip

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 8:43 am

losing never makes anyone happy
Be it the trials or the real deal.

As long as we plays finals footy in 2017 all will be forgiven

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 8:43 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Jesus, get a grip

A grip of what Gnr.???....the ball.???
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 8:48 am

Next week Taylor will probably trot out close to a round one side and hopefully it is not 45 degrees in the shade. So what I say is save the wrist cutting to after next weeks trial, we should get a way better idea where we are headed in 2017 than last night

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 8:57 am

Let's face it, trials are absolute garbage to watch. It's not about form, it's about getting match fitness into the players and blowing out the cobwebs. When we played the Sharks last year, we named just about our strongest team, yet hardly any of the starting 17 finished the game. If you go to a trial with the intention of cheering your guts out for a win, good chance you will be disappointed. And not taking trials seriously isn't a slight on us. You can't argue that some teams take trials seriously and some don't like the 9's. It's a fact that accross the board teams don't play for results.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 11:28 am

Take it from me trial matches have no bearing on how the team will play in the season proper,I have been going to as many Metro trails as I can over the years . Some years the trails are impressive and I think ok a great year coming up then the year turns out crap ! This goes the other way as well bad trial form and not a bad year ,these are trials and nothing else will be attending Campbelltown next Friday and take it with a grain of salt other than hoping no injuries,always good to see any new faces at play ..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Let's face it, trials are absolute garbage to watch. It's not about form, it's about getting match fitness into the players and blowing out the cobwebs. When we played the Sharks last year, we named just about our strongest team, yet hardly any of the starting 17 finished the game. If you go to a trial with the intention of cheering your guts out for a win, good chance you will be disappointed. And not taking trials seriously isn't a slight on us. You can't argue that some teams take trials seriously and some don't like the 9's. It's a fact that accross the board teams don't play for results.
I wonder what the people saying trials aren't important will say if we come out Rd 1 and our combinations struggle , our defence looks disorganized , and we run out of steam in the last 20