Hooker Matt Ballin on track for Wests Tigers NRL comeback in 2017

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
TrueTiger

Re: Hooker Matt Ballin on track for Wests Tigers NRL comeback in 2017

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 10:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:People die and donate organs,body parts are just another step in the progress of mankind...
I hope Matty has a superb year and all the critics and naysayers have to vomit into their mouths through embarrassment...
Matts a good guy and to keep bagging a bloke that loves rugby league and gives 200% to the club he is with
deserves a little more respect than what he has been shown on this forum...he is a WTs player now,get behind him and hope he can be on the field for all the season,this club needs him,his knowledge and experience, the members and fans should embrace him ...most on here should understand he is not filling Robbie Farahs jumper he will make it his own,wether playing or guiding the younger hookers that need guidance..
We have gone through the boys club,now the men will stand up and teach the young guys the right way to play and conduct themselves..
Chillax.
Are you a school teacher by any chance?
No mate,teachers and I didn't see eye to eye,Iam a a supervisor at a golf club,previously I managed hotels in the country areas of NSW.I also played Rugby League in the Riverina,Turvey Park Wagga Wagga,6 yrs playing in one of the toughest groups in NSW group nine,the home of the Mortimer Bros,Greg Brentnel,Les Boyd,Cliff Lyons,Peter Stirling just to name a few..
I don't want to be a name dropper but it was life for me at an early age,I learnt the hard way and so many people don't appreciate what it was like having to work for a living and dedicating a fair amount of your life to a club and sport for very little return just to keep the club going..
I do know what its like to be appreciated by the little things in life eg being gifted a meal for two voucher at an exclusive restaurant for my efforts...
these days its all about the almighty dollar...back then it was for the love of the sport and club..
Hopefully this has given you an insight into the life of a worker and half handy footballer...all for the love of the game..
cheers mate...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY....
Im glad Don kept his question simple.... :|
Why ink, was it to much to be given an explanation, if people are going to assume what walk of life someone is in,dont you think I should be able to explain and answer his question in the most honest way I can...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 11:14 pm

Have seen a couple of posts suggesting that we are paying Ballin the full amount of his contract this year, can anyone confirm? Reports suggest that he re-signed with Manly until the end of the 2017 season, therefore the would still have to be subsidising his contract.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 1:03 am

Geo. wrote:We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.
$ 6 Million won't get you much these days Geo :roll

Mate of mine managed to get his HK onto the hard sand at Rainbow Beach in the mid 80's through the cheers of many onlookers and that was his scream out the window :roll

"We have power , we have the technology , better ,stronger and faster "

Wasn't so lucky getting back up though :lol:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 5:31 am

TrueTiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Chillax.
No mate,teachers and I didn't see eye to eye,Iam a a supervisor at a golf club,previously I managed hotels in the country areas of NSW.I also played Rugby League in the Riverina,Turvey Park Wagga Wagga,6 yrs playing in one of the toughest groups in NSW group nine,the home of the Mortimer Bros,Greg Brentnel,Les Boyd,Cliff Lyons,Peter Stirling just to name a few..
I don't want to be a name dropper but it was life for me at an early age,I learnt the hard way and so many people don't appreciate what it was like having to work for a living and dedicating a fair amount of your life to a club and sport for very little return just to keep the club going..
I do know what its like to be appreciated by the little things in life eg being gifted a meal for two voucher at an exclusive restaurant for my efforts...
these days its all about the almighty dollar...back then it was for the love of the sport and club..
Hopefully this has given you an insight into the life of a worker and half handy footballer...all for the love of the game..
Im glad Don kept his question simple.... :|
Why ink, was it to much to be given an explanation, if people are going to assume what walk of life someone is in,dont you think I should be able to explain and answer his question in the most honest way I can...
It was a joke

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 6:30 am

Harvey wrote:Have seen a couple of posts suggesting that we are paying Ballin the full amount of his contract this year, can anyone confirm? Reports suggest that he re-signed with Manly until the end of the 2017 season, therefore the would still have to be subsidising his contract.
His subsidy from manly expired in 2016.They paid much of his salary last year this year we pay all of it. when a player changes clubs the amount of time and payment made is a deal negotiated with the other club.

Bula

Post by Bula » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 7:19 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:People die and donate organs,body parts are just another step in the progress of mankind...
I hope Matty has a superb year and all the critics and naysayers have to vomit into their mouths through embarrassment...
Matts a good guy and to keep bagging a bloke that loves rugby league and gives 200% to the club he is with
deserves a little more respect than what he has been shown on this forum...he is a WTs player now,get behind him and hope he can be on the field for all the season,this club needs him,his knowledge and experience, the members and fans should embrace him ...most on here should understand he is not filling Robbie Farahs jumper he will make it his own,wether playing or guiding the younger hookers that need guidance..
We have gone through the boys club,now the men will stand up and teach the young guys the right way to play and conduct themselves..
Chillax.
Sounds like Frog Dean.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 8:31 am

In hindsight and a crystal ball the club would have not signed Ballin, but when they did they would have had a medical clearance and seen him as a player who can make a big difference on and off the field. Okay the club took a punt that his knee would come good and sadly it didn't.

From all accounts his work off the field is second to none and fingers crossed he gets on the paddock and strings a lot of games together and proves a lot baggers wrong.

When you sign any player your taking a punt, some work out and others don't

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 9:11 am

I don't know Matt Ballin , but I do know he gave his all at Manly , came to us and buy all accounts has been great around the club and is well liked , he has experience and was a tough competitor so if this rubs of on our young guys it's great .
This season we need Matt on the field sharing with Liddle , I hope he goes injury free as I think he will still have plenty to offer with his experience and knowledge of the game , the time off may also have helped him recover from small niggle injuries as well so he could be a real suprise for us , get behind him and give him his chance as I think some will be suprised at how well he may go.

Tigers to make the 8 , let's set sail for it

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 9:34 am

Tough Kid, hard worker and very down to earth attitude who has always believed preparation is the foundation of his football.

He will be back and will play a big part if we are to play finals footy this year!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017