jadtiger wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 8:07 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 11:19 am
Newtown wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 11:01 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 10:58 am

Um, you realise Simona's career is over...?
No it is not yet over. He still has to state his case on Friday.
His career is done even if he's found not guilty. Things like this stick. Every time he drops a ball or misses a tackle, people will be suspicious.
As you quite rightly say GNR his career in league is finished.He could be as innocent as a newborn baby but all the mud and stigma will stay with him probably for the rest of his life.There is no possibility of a return to any NRL club he will have to accept that.I actually fear for his wellbeing and hope he is getting and continue to get the best possible support from friends and family plus the professional help that the tigers and the NRL can give.
Dont get me wrong he must be banned if the evidence is overwhelming but mental health is the most fragile thing.
Why would the tigers and the nrl need to provide him with professional help?
He's been on a decent wage for a while, what's wrong with his dirty money?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:11 pm

gallagher wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:02 pm
jadtiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Newtown wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 11:01 am

No it is not yet over. He still has to state his case on Friday.
His career is done even if he's found not guilty. Things like this stick. Every time he drops a ball or misses a tackle, people will be suspicious.
As you quite rightly say GNR his career in league is finished.He could be as innocent as a newborn baby but all the mud and stigma will stay with him probably for the rest of his life.There is no possibility of a return to any NRL club he will have to accept that.I actually fear for his wellbeing and hope he is getting and continue to get the best possible support from friends and family plus the professional help that the tigers and the NRL can give.
Dont get me wrong he must be banned if the evidence is overwhelming but mental health is the most fragile thing.
So in your mind he is guilty gallagher, he may be but let due process take its course.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:40 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:11 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:02 pm
jadtiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

So in your mind he is guilty gallagher, he may be but let due process take its course.
Well, its a forum.

macman

Post by macman » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 7:41 am

Vey impressed with Suli last night
Big lad with speed and a step
Although still hasn't finished a game
So much better is he than Rankin

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:46 am

He is special. Just oozes class for an 18yo.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:10 am

It hurt a bit letting JAC go, but watching this kid last night certainly eases the pain of that. The thought of him and Noffa on the same side of the field is frightening.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:17 am

Btw, how is his name pronounced, Moses or Mo-ses-e. Because i have heard both.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 11:09 am

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... 86083.html

Wests Tigers winger Moses Suli spoke from the field after scoring a try in his debut game — a 34-18 win over the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium!

Speaks well....Liven the DREAM..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 5:35 pm

Light on his feet for a big lad. Thought he went real well despite a couple of rookie errors.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 5:39 pm

He glides over the grass,2 try assists on debut in wet conditions. Can't ask for more

willow

Post by willow » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 6:25 pm

Suli overcomes nerves to star in NRL debut

Sat 04 Mar, 2017, 2:00pm
By Alicia Newton‌‌, National Correspondent , NRL.com

It was a night Wests Tigers debutant Moses Suli will never forget.

The 18-year-old has remarkably only played two NYC games prior to his stellar debut performance in Round 1 against the Rabbitohs, but made it look as though he had been in and around the Telstra Premiership set-up for years.

Despite spilling the ball with his first touch, the Fairfield United junior went on to help create two tries at pivotal stages of the game, before crossing over for one of his own in the 56th minute.

The quietly spoken gentle giant, who was surrounded by family and friends post-game, admitted nerves got the better of him early on in the Round 1 clash but they soon went away the longer the game went on.

"I was nervous but it wasn't that bad. I guess my first touch it showed that I wasn't ready and then during the game I just got comfortable and went from there," Suli said in the sheds after the match.

"They [teammates] just said 'don't let it get to you' and to just play my game because I can do better than that.

"My nerves are now out and hopefully I get another crack next week, I reckon I'm ready but it's up to JT (coach Jason Taylor) if he picks me every week.

As for marking up against Greg Inglis, who shifted to the wing after injuring his knee in the seventh minute, Suli had to look twice at who was in front of him.

"I was like, 'oh wow!'," he said.

"It's a dream come true to play against players like that because I've been watching them since I was young.

"It was good to get out there and get a try on debut… but I've still got some things to learn."

When coach Taylor was asked in the press conference what he saw in Suli that prompted him to not only pick the rookie in the side, but re-sign the young gun to a long-term deal, Wests Tigers skipper Aaron Woods mumbled "Have a look at the size of him" before the coach explained.

"It's confidence… making an error in your first NRL game and then going on and having the game that he had, that's what he did with us in training," Taylor said.

"What has impressed everybody was that if he makes an error he just gets up and gets on with it. He's not 18 in that regard, he just gets on with the game which is what he did tonight.

"It's one of the things that stood out to us in pre-season because we put each other under pressure a lot at training. Most guys come up to NRL training and are overawed but he wasn’t for a second, and that’s why he was there tonight.

"I'm happy for him to start with an error every game if he's going to do what he did after that."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 6:27 pm

Cuts back infield real well

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 10:38 pm

He is deceptive on his feet, quite evasive even though he looks totally casual.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 10:52 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:17 am
Btw, how is his name pronounced, Moses or Mo-ses-e. Because i have heard both.
I would hazard the name on his birth certificate is Mosese but you can be sure commentators will be calling him Moses all year.

My mrs being part Tongan doesn't let me get away with any anglicised islander names

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 7:25 am

Yeah, It is Mo-ses-e but I will still probably call him Moses.

I like when I am at the games listening to the people reading out the line-ups, they usually struggle with Nofo, Ava, Kev & Aloiai
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:13 am

I believe Mosese has put himself out there as Moses?

Usually a footballer chooses his reference name, informs the club and this is distributed to the media. So the media are putting Moses Suli at the direction of the club, not just because some bloke is too lazy to write the extra e.

Same type of things happen when Jesse Sue asks to revert to Sauaso and Buddy Gordon reverted to Yileen.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:09 pm

I can see a big future for this Kid. Folau type similarities. Only new to first grade and still plenty to grow.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:16 pm

He's still pretty raw, but my god there is some talent there. Those two try assists showed a lot of maturity to sum up the situation, draw men in and offload at the right time.
He'll no doubt have some ups and downs, but it's really exciting to think about how good he'll be come rd 1 2018.