Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Souths

Post by stryker » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:30 pm

Tiger4life wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 9:29 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 8:52 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 11:32 am
Heres a suggestion,why doesn't everyone put down the heavy artillery,pitchforks,swords,daggers and even the cannon fodder,and give JT the chance to do good things with this team this year to prove wether or not he can make the finals with the players he has..if there is no improvement or wins in the next 5/6 rounds then bring out whatever you need to send him out the door...we can sit down and be keyboard warriors all we like and pass on our opinions...the difference is that JT is the club elect for coach and he is the boss,the pressure is on him to get results,theres no pressure on the keyboard side of things.....give him the chance and support he deserves for at least putting his hand up and coaching the team after all the dramas previously and during his tenure.....
Confusing post. Do you want everyone to give him the chance to make the finals or just 5/6 rounds?
But thats what most people are saying. Lets see fhe first 6 rounds if we are flying then lets look at extension.

However if we are struggling then lets not waste this year completely and make the big call. I think cleary has less bargaining power then last year and would definitely be worth the investment.
I disagree completely. I do not want a coach swap while we're into the season.
JT has been preparing the squad for many months now. He should see the year out and be judged by the results of it.
Play finals = talk about contract extension
Miss the finals = jog on.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:32 pm

Finishing 9th last year has brought him a lot more time than 6 rounds. The club will hold their nerve for longer than that.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:44 pm

Just saw the new team! Yesssss! No Rankin! Finally some common sense with team selection.
Can't wait for the game.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:48 pm

Suli may have begun as a second tier but might be reclassified when Simona's verdict is fully known

The club will ask for a special dispensation no doubt and probably get it

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm

They will wait until the season is dead probably round 20 however, if we are out of the 8 Cleary will be appointed coach. It will happen behind the scenes earlier than this.

I don't think Taylor will last as with a good salary cap, new centre of excellence at Concord (2018) and Wests having coin I think they will look to a new coach even if we scrape in.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:59 pm

TYGA wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm
They will wait until the season is dead probably round 20 however, if we are out of the 8 Cleary will be appointed coach. It will happen behind the scenes earlier than this.

I don't think Taylor will last as with a good salary cap, new centre of excellence at Concord (2018) and Wests having coin I think they will look to a new coach even if we scrape in.
You make it sound like Cleary is waiting for us.

And if we finish in the 8 he gets extended, end of story.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 11:20 pm

stryker wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:30 pm
Tiger4life wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 9:29 pm
stryker wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Heres a suggestion,why doesn't everyone put down the heavy artillery,pitchforks,swords,daggers and even the cannon fodder,and give JT the chance to do good things with this team this year to prove wether or not he can make the finals with the players he has..if there is no improvement or wins in the next 5/6 rounds then bring out whatever you need to send him out the door...we can sit down and be keyboard warriors all we like and pass on our opinions...the difference is that JT is the club elect for coach and he is the boss,the pressure is on him to get results,theres no pressure on the keyboard side of things.....give him the chance and support he deserves for at least putting his hand up and coaching the team after all the dramas previously and during his tenure.....
Confusing post. Do you want everyone to give him the chance to make the finals or just 5/6 rounds?
But thats what most people are saying. Lets see fhe first 6 rounds if we are flying then lets look at extension.

However if we are struggling then lets not waste this year completely and make the big call. I think cleary has less bargaining power then last year and would definitely be worth the investment.
I disagree completely. I do not want a coach swap while we're into the season.
JT has been preparing the squad for many months now. He should see the year out and be judged by the results of it.
Play finals = talk about contract extension
Miss the finals = jog on.
Changing coaches mid season is very messy. A top shelf NRL coach would want to bring his own staff, so then we are left with the problem of players relating to different coaches from the ones that they have trained with OR the new coach has to work with assistants not of his choosing. Apart from all that, JT is contracted until the end of this season and should only be judged at the end of his contract.
Last edited by sideline eye on Fri 03 Mar, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger4life

Post by Tiger4life » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 11:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 10:59 pm
TYGA wrote:

Im just thinking on a different tangent, but i really think JT's future will be decided more by the big 4 than by results. If the top 4 are all on board with JT behind the scenes then the club would be crazy not to extend him. However if the big 4 are not sold on JT then i think there are plans behind the scenes. For me signing the big 4 is more important than who is coach and i wouldn't be suprised if our management are thinking down that path aswell.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 11:33 pm

Tiger4life wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 11:31 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TYGA wrote:

Im just thinking on a different tangent, but i really think JT's future will be decided more by the big 4 than by results. If the top 4 are all on board with JT behind the scenes then the club would be crazy not to extend him. However if the big 4 are not sold on JT then i think there are plans behind the scenes. For me signing the big 4 is more important than who is coach and i wouldn't be suprised if our management are thinking down that path aswell.
There's probably a bit of truth in that.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 11:43 pm

Suli's new deal starts in 2017 - he'd definitely be in the top 25.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 1:43 am

stryker wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Not confusing at all Stryker,put your JT hate aside and look at it from a different perspective...
1. give Taylor the chance to prove he can do good work with this side ...
2. if after 5/6 rounds we don't win and are playing poorly we can wallop him all we like ...but give the guy a chance to work with his own team he has assembled before we hang him...
very simple mate ,put the hate aside first and foremost OR coach the side yourself with the others that want to hang him...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

willow

Post by willow » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 2:51 am

Well at least commonsense has prevailed and we'll now see Suli on the wing ahead of Rankin. Really looking forward to tomorrow night and seeing how the boys go.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 6:14 am

TYGA wrote:

Oh yeah?

Tell me more

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 6:45 am

Tiger4life wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 11:31 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TYGA wrote:

Good post and this is most likely the reality.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:41 am

Hi everyone I'm TCL, JT's newest fan! (At this stage only for 6 weeks)

I think it is a great move to blood the youngster on the wing. If he has a bad game, though I doubt he will JT will now need to manage him and not allow him to go into a shell. Give him at least 3 weeks on the wing to find his feet. This is good choaching. Well done.

A promise is a promise!

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 8:01 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 1:43 am
stryker wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Not confusing at all Stryker,put your JT hate aside and look at it from a different perspective...
1. give Taylor the chance to prove he can do good work with this side ...
2. if after 5/6 rounds we don't win and are playing poorly we can wallop him all we like ...but give the guy a chance to work with his own team he has assembled before we hang him...
very simple mate ,put the hate aside first and foremost OR coach the side yourself with the others that want to hang him...
It is confusing. The season is 26 weeks long. What the hell is he going to achieve in 5 weeks that proves either way how he would have gone for the whole season?
What is weird is that I the "hater" am prepared to give him all year whereas you the "lover" only 5/6 weeks? Y
You literally make no sense.
Last edited by stryker on Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 9:25 am

I know it is a result driven industry, but I am willing to give Taylor 1/2 a season and I would be making my call based on performance more than results. What I mean if we are running 3rd last at the halfway mark but have not been thrashed and lost most of our games by four points or less I would keep with him, on the other hand if we had the usually blowouts by the better sides it would be good night nurse for Taylor.

From where I sit I would be giving Taylor every chance to get a new contract, I just think chopping and changing coaches is counter productive. The good sides stick with their coaches and the bad sides chop and change and usually nothing much changes, although I do agree 2017 we will have to improve in a lot of areas for Taylor to get a new gig

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:44 am

851 wrote:
Tue 28 Feb, 2017 5:20 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Tue 28 Feb, 2017 5:07 pm
I see nothing has changed from last year. look good at training and be a favourite and you get picked. luckily we are playing a poor team.
Lets hope for a win
What do you expect, the coach is out of his depth, Rankin at 5, and probably at 9 sometime during the game, what a deadest master coach we have. :bash
What are you thoughts now i wonder.....