WESTS Tigers Team V Souths

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Souths

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:06 pm

WESTS TIGERS - Final Team

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Kevin Naiqama
16. Michael Chee Kam
21. Moses Suli
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods (capt.)
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Ava Seumanufagai
11. Sauaso Sue
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange:
4. Jamal Idris
14. Tim Grant
15. Josh Aloiai
18. Jack Littlejohn

Coach: Jason Taylor

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... l_rou.html
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32708
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:07 pm

Smart move, I think Idris will struggle to get the 80 whereas Chee-Kam can always slot into the backroow later in the game if required.

Enmoretiger
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon 13 Feb, 2017 4:35 pm
Location: Enmore

Post by Enmoretiger » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:16 pm

I totally agree, Idris can be used as shock weapon from the bench. This also takes the pressure of Idris to perform straight out the box. Really looking forward to this

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:18 pm

Been suggested a zillion times this week.... JT is on the forum ;)

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:18 pm

Yes have to agree with this team picked....looking forward to the game.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:


maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:21 pm

Yes have to agree with this team picked....looking forward to the game.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 5:37 pm
Geo. wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 4:52 pm
supercoach wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 4:46 pm
My mistake did not realise Rankin had be omitted from the 17.
Yeah SC only Littlejohn or Hunt can force there way into the 17...given the track Littlejohn to replace Edwards might be worth a look..

Wouldn't surprise if Chee-Kam starts ahead of Idris either..
I don't know how wet it is of course , but I would of thought you'd keep Edwards in these conditions

We he hits in defence is going to punch some balls loose in defence and create turnovers , especially on Sam Burgess
What's that...McIlwrick wont go 80 and Littlejohn covers the halves...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:29 pm

Happy with those changes. Go Tigers!!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21832
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:53 pm

Very weird atmosphere here. The Tigers only came out for 10 minutes tops straight after NYC and Souths haven't been out at all. Im assuming the weather might have something to do with it. Still, atmosphere feels off.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 8:04 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 7:53 pm
Very weird atmosphere here. The Tigers only came out for 10 minutes tops straight after NYC and Souths haven't been out at all. Im assuming the weather might have something to do with it. Still, atmosphere feels off.
The photo you posted looked terrible....

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:15 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 7:03 am
Nelson wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:49 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:47 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:09 pm
Have all these people ranking Suli above Rankin actually seen him play? For a bloke whos only played 2 under 20s games there seems to be a lot of fans that know his game back to front.
I've seem him play quite a few times at centre. From memory, players such as Darius Boyd, Karmichael Hunt and Jordan Kahu (bad luck with injury) made their debuts in first grade at a young age after having played few lower grade games, It is a very exciting time and I hope we see at one least one more debut in the outside backs this year. We need some size and pace on the wings and I hope Suli shifts to right centre which is his position.
Yeah but you think Wigthon is a better fullback than Teddy so your opinion on players doesn't count for much... :roll:
Obviously there are a few judges who agree with my view about the young man. But please don't hold back in regaling us with your opinion. :roll:

As for Wighton, remember he plays centre, half, wing as well as fullback. At six feet two or so, over 100 kgs and yards faster than your beloved "Teddy", he certainly is a fine player.
I'm well aware of where Wighton can play just like I'm well aware our argument was about who the better fullback is. My beloved "Teddy" sure made you look like a muppet tonight - there's nothing the man can't do!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:17 pm

LOL...wighton

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:23 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:15 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 7:03 am
Nelson wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:49 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:47 pm


I've seem him play quite a few times at centre. From memory, players such as Darius Boyd, Karmichael Hunt and Jordan Kahu (bad luck with injury) made their debuts in first grade at a young age after having played few lower grade games, It is a very exciting time and I hope we see at one least one more debut in the outside backs this year. We need some size and pace on the wings and I hope Suli shifts to right centre which is his position.
Yeah but you think Wigthon is a better fullback than Teddy so your opinion on players doesn't count for much... :roll:
Obviously there are a few judges who agree with my view about the young man. But please don't hold back in regaling us with your opinion. :roll:

As for Wighton, remember he plays centre, half, wing as well as fullback. At six feet two or so, over 100 kgs and yards faster than your beloved "Teddy", he certainly is a fine player.
I'm well aware of where Wighton can play just like I'm well aware our argument was about who the better fullback is. My beloved "Teddy" sure made you look like a muppet tonight - there's nothing the man can't do!
Of course you're well aware of it because as I said, you have an opinion on everything. I notice you haven't mentioned Suli, because that is where you questioned my judgement. I guess it may be a bit much to expect you to demonstrate humility. :lol:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:28 pm

12832487_10207681308689368_2587156949950694639_n.jpg
12832487_10207681308689368_2587156949950694639_n.jpg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 431 times
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3175
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:31 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:23 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:15 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 7:03 am
Nelson wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 9:49 pm


Yeah but you think Wigthon is a better fullback than Teddy so your opinion on players doesn't count for much... :roll:
Obviously there are a few judges who agree with my view about the young man. But please don't hold back in regaling us with your opinion. :roll:

As for Wighton, remember he plays centre, half, wing as well as fullback. At six feet two or so, over 100 kgs and yards faster than your beloved "Teddy", he certainly is a fine player.
I'm well aware of where Wighton can play just like I'm well aware our argument was about who the better fullback is. My beloved "Teddy" sure made you look like a muppet tonight - there's nothing the man can't do!
Of course you're well aware of it because as I said, you have an opinion on everything. I notice you haven't mentioned Suli, because that is where you questioned my judgement. I guess it may be a bit much to expect you to demonstrate humility. :lol:
I question your judgment generally because you still maintain that Wighton is better. Suli was good despite a few errors that I'm happy to chalk up to youth and overexuberance. I don't disagree with you there. I'll argue with you where I disagree but if I agree then what's to argue about?

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 7:51 am

All hail King Suli.

To the Farah fans - suck it.

I bet you realise now we don't need him. Glad he is banished from our club. His supporters should be too
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 7:52 am

Nelson wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:31 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:23 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:15 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 02 Mar, 2017 7:03 am


Obviously there are a few judges who agree with my view about the young man. But please don't hold back in regaling us with your opinion. :roll:

As for Wighton, remember he plays centre, half, wing as well as fullback. At six feet two or so, over 100 kgs and yards faster than your beloved "Teddy", he certainly is a fine player.
I'm well aware of where Wighton can play just like I'm well aware our argument was about who the better fullback is. My beloved "Teddy" sure made you look like a muppet tonight - there's nothing the man can't do!
Of course you're well aware of it because as I said, you have an opinion on everything. I notice you haven't mentioned Suli, because that is where you questioned my judgement. I guess it may be a bit much to expect you to demonstrate humility. :lol:
I question your judgment generally because you still maintain that Wighton is better. Suli was good despite a few errors that I'm happy to chalk up to youth and overexuberance. I don't disagree with you there. I'll argue with you where I disagree but if I agree then what's to argue about?

Tedesco dropped an easy bomb (for a fullback) under little pressure and then muffed a ball in the in goal. Where is the perspective when he is an SOO fullback and there is little (if any) mention of it on this forum.

3mins 40 seconds Wighton runs down Trobjevic in open space with the try line open and puts him over the side line. Tedesco could never do that because he doesn't have the pace over more than 30 metres. Wighton and Tedesco were mentioned as two of the outstanding fullback talents in the NRL on Thursday night albeit WIghton is younger.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21832
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:21 am

Hows Cherrington going Paws? You were adamant he'd be in the Sharks side. He didn't even make the extended bench.

Post Reply