Congrats Idris, Suli, McIlwrick..

Nucky Thompson

Re: Congrats Idris, Suli, McIlwrick..

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 7:17 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 6:39 am
McIllwrick - Was really impressive was quick with his service, hit hard in defence and got the forwards going and I've no problem if he keeps the spot for a couple of weeks while the other 2 get fit at least

Suli - A star was born tonight. The 2 try assists were brilliant and we better be looking for a new left winger for next year becuase he is going to be right centre next season i'd say because as good as he was on the wing he is a better centre. The football smarts for an 18 yr old when he came back inside was brilliant. He dropped a couple of balls but he is 18 first game and it was pissing down rain all match.

Idris - Yes he dropped the 1st ball he touched in 2 years in NRL but he was very good for a 1st hit out. 4 things really impressed me. 1. His lateral defence was really really good. 2. He wanted the ball and ran hard when he got it. 3. When Moses scored by a long way he chased all the way to be their in support just in case when no one else was (on TV you prob wouldn't have seen this) and 4.When we were scrambling in defence he came charging back before many to be their those last 2 show committment and i'm not sure the old Idris would have done that. He will take a few weeks to build up to his best but we have a good one and anyone who thinks he should play NSW cup for a few weeks in crazy
Idris is a funny one he does a good hit up and seems OK with D. But at the moment not getting involved in an attacking back line. It's intriguing when you got che cham playing good footy in the centres. I'm thinking to replace idris to replace naiqama on right side to sure up the defense on that side.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 7:21 am

Is the fact Suli is a right centre an ominous sign last night was even more remarkable as he was playing on the left wing?