Player stats from tonight

willow

Player stats from tonight

Post by willow » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:37 pm

These stats are from nrl.com and may be a little rusty but anyway...

1. Tedesco - 1 try, 154 metres in attack, 2 try assists, 2 line breaks, 2 line break assists, 1 tackle, 1 missed tackle, 2 errors

2. Nofoaluma - 198 metres in attack, 2 line breaks, 7 tackles, 2 missed tackles

3. Naiqama - 77 metres in attack, 18 tackles, 5 missed tackles, 1 error

16. Chee-Kam (51 minutes) - 106 metres in attack, 11 tackles

21. Suli - 1 try, 117 metres in attack, 2 line breaks, 2 try assists, 8 tackles, 2 errors

6. Moses - 1 try, 122 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 5 missed tackles

7. Brooks - 1 try, 106 metres in attack, 12 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 error

8. Woods (58 minutes) - 179 metres in attack, 23 tackles, 3 missed tackles

9. McIlwrick (38 minutes) - 43 metres in attack, 16 tackles

10. Seumanufagai (43 minutes) - 1 try, 1 line break, 90 metres in attack, 22 tackles

11. Sue (80 minutes) - 149 metres in attack, 30 tackles, 3 missed tackles

12. Lawrence (80 minutes) - 1 try, 120 metres in attack, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 22 tackles, 3 missed tackles

13. Taylor (61 minutes) - 20 metres in attack, 41 tackles, 2 missed tackles

4. Idris (48 minutes) - 82 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 2 errors

14. Grant (58 minutes) - 138 metres in attack, 22 tackles, 1 missed tackle

15. Aloiai (24 minutes) - 47 metres in attack, 19 tackles, 4 missed tackles

18. Littlejohn (48 minutes) - 11 metres in attack, 31 tackles, 1 missed tackle

matchball

Post by matchball » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:44 pm

I'd drop Brooks and run JLJ. He can defend like a forward.
He hits hard for a little guy. Brooks fails to hit at all. Never first man in a tackle.
Brooks is overpaid and overrated. I'm not sold he is worth keeping beyond this season.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:45 pm

Lots of really good meters ran but 34 missed tackles is a worry. Needs major improvement.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:46 pm

Thanks for the minutes included in the Stats Willow...

If we can get that out of our back row every week we'll be in a lot of games...

Great to see the halves running the football....

Missed tackles still need work but I thought we hit harder and stuck a lot better than in the past...the sound when we whacked was good...

Great debut by young Suli...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm

matchball wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:44 pm
He hits hard for a little guy. Brooks fails to hit at all. Never first man in a tackle.
Brooks is overpaid and overrated. I'm not sold he is worth keeping beyond this season.
Brooks looked dangerous running the ball tonight and was much more involved than he has been. Passing game was rusty but its week 1. Still missed a few tackles but he wasnt on his pat malone there.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:50 pm

matchball wrote:
Did you watch the match at all ?

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:52 pm

matchball wrote:
Thank god you are picking the team.

And Stryker never ever look at missd tackle stats. I reckon i will say this every week this year and i intend on driving people mad over it. Missed tackle stats do not tell the story of what happened.

Lawrence missed 3 tackles tonight and i remember at least two were very good defensive plays by him that allowed the man next to him to make the tackle with no risk of a line break. So statically these 2 misses went down as missed tackles, yet i guarantee Jason Taylor is very happy with those 2 missed tackles.

I hate stats, but if there is one stat i will die saying doesn't count its missed tackles. Watch the game and judge, don't read the game on paper afterwards.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

matchball

Post by matchball » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm

king sirro wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:52 pm
matchball wrote:

And Stryker never ever look at missd tackle stats. I reckon i will say this every week this year and i intend on driving people mad over it. Missed tackle stats do not tell the story of what happened.

Lawrence missed 3 tackles tonight and i remember at least two were very good defensive plays by him that allowed the man next to him to make the tackle with no risk of a line break. So statically these 2 misses went down as missed tackles, yet i guarantee Jason Taylor is very happy with those 2 missed tackles.

I hate stats, but if there is one stat i will die saying doesn't count its missed tackles. Watch the game and judge, don't read the game on paper afterwards.
Look at the missed tackles. Who defends around Brooks?
He is a liability. We may as well defend with 12.
Too many have to protect him. When will he learn the basics of tackling?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm

king sirro wrote:
matchball wrote:

Agreed both Brooks and Moses 1st contact was good...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:50 pm
matchball wrote:
Yeah I thought Brooks looked pretty good tonight. He ran the ball well, supported well and put some good kicks in.

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:56 pm

matchball wrote:
What kind of person picks your halfback on his ability to defend? It's like picking an opening bowler in cricket on his ability to bat

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:56 pm

stryker wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm
matchball wrote:
Brooks looked dangerous running the ball tonight and was much more involved than he has been. Passing game was rusty but its week 1. Still missed a few tackles but he wasnt on his pat malone there.
Brooks was good tonight passing should get better. They all made good contact tonight, maybe I'm wrong but the missed tackles weren't all turnstiles at least.

matchball

Post by matchball » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:56 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:50 pm
matchball wrote:
I just saw Brooks being a liability in defence.
He couldn't even muster a try assist. Where is the value?

willow

Post by willow » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:57 pm

stryker wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm
matchball wrote:
Overall I thought Brooks was solid. Earnt us a couple of repeat sets through grubber kicks and steered the team well with Moses.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:58 pm

matchball wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm
king sirro wrote:
matchball wrote:

Did u not read my post? Missed tackle stats dont tell the story. Watch the game and make a judgement yourself, dont rely of stats. Brooks defended great. Lawrence defended great.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

matchball

Post by matchball » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:58 pm

Benjirific wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:56 pm
matchball wrote:
What kind of person picks your halfback on his ability to defend? It's like picking an opening bowler in cricket on his ability to bat
We don't need a creative 7. Let Moses work it.
We need someone like LJL to compliment him for minimum dollars. Harden up the defence.
31 tackles in 48 mins.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:59 pm

I thought brooks was great. Very controlled, he let Moses and Tedesco put the big plays on.

matchball

Post by matchball » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 11:01 pm

king sirro wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:58 pm
matchball wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm
king sirro wrote:
matchball wrote:

Did u not read my post? Missed tackle stats dont tell the story. Watch the game and make a judgement yourself, dont rely of stats. Brooks defended great. Lawrence defended great.
I read it. Did you read mine?
Brooks not being able to be first man in a tackle creates holes when others guys are covering for him.
Look at the 2nd phase play off the back of him being targeting in the defensive line.