WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 5:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:39 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:37 pm
It's a shame we don't have Simona...
Not really mate.
Well I don't think Idris is close to 80 minutes and a couple weeks in NSW cup could help him to get his match fitness back.

I don't think we can keep playing Kev at right centre because after a whole pre-season there are still problems.

So unless we are going to blood another young player (Leumuelu, Papenhuyzen, Mata'afa, Tali, Jacobs, Tui) we probably need another quality backline player. I am sure Penrith will destroy ou right side if it stays Moses Kev Nofo. IMO it would be better if we a big strong centre like MCK defending at right centre to provide some size and muscle.
Not if they play the way they're playing against Saints ATM.
Yeah, true that. They were terrible.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:25 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 5:51 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:39 pm

Not really mate.
Well I don't think Idris is close to 80 minutes and a couple weeks in NSW cup could help him to get his match fitness back.

I don't think we can keep playing Kev at right centre because after a whole pre-season there are still problems.

So unless we are going to blood another young player (Leumuelu, Papenhuyzen, Mata'afa, Tali, Jacobs, Tui) we probably need another quality backline player. I am sure Penrith will destroy ou right side if it stays Moses Kev Nofo. IMO it would be better if we a big strong centre like MCK defending at right centre to provide some size and muscle.
I don't really give a rats about Jamal's attack at this stage , and his defence was good , he shutdown Souths a few times with some smart calls in defence

If he defends like that all season he is a keeper and worth the trouble we went through to sign him

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:25 pm
wd in perth wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:

I don't really give a rats about Jamal's attack at this stage , and his defence was good , he shutdown Souths a few times with some smart calls in defence

If he defends like that all season he is a keeper and worth the trouble we went through to sign him
Absolutely Happy. So many it seems are so quick to pass judgement. It's pretty pathetic really.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:57 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:50 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:25 pm
wd in perth wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Absolutely Happy. So many it seems are so quick to pass judgement. It's pretty pathetic really.
Now that he has played FG I would be very careful about dropping him. As Ink said, he is a Confidence player. Putting him down a grade might be the end of him for the season. If he was a Neville nobody fair enough, but he has proven himself better than just an average first grader in the past, and now that he's been blooded we have to give him a couple of months.

I'm not sure if there are some who turned off him for the way he left the game, but he is human, and shows it more than most "professional athletes".

For the record, I think we could have started him in reggies, and brought him up when ready, and I probably would have done that. I honestly don't think that would dent his confidence in the same way that dropping him after one game would. Due to the Simona issue I understand why we put him straight into FG.