Always room for improvement....

goldcoast tiger

Re: Always room for improvement....

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:52 am

supercoach wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 11:35 pm
Just back from the game and I really do not want to bag any individual as it was great effort, but Idris looked two yards off the pace of the game, don't get me wrong he looked trimmer than I have ever seen him, but he looked to be really plodding with the ball
Considering how much they were talking him up for "training the house down" earlier
He's a long way away from being fit. With Souths down to 15 players and Inglis being nothing but a passenger for all but the first 15 minutes. Idris , when he came on fresh ,should've been able to run amok even if he only did it for 10 or 15 minutes.
He certainly plodded big time last night.
Still as lazy as ever.
Not sure why some criticised Suli for a few mistakes? For who only has two NYC games for experience. He was terrific.( especially when compared with his predessessor)
Right side defence , at least in this game was still crud.and will be a liability from next week on , unless fixed.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:57 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:52 am
supercoach wrote:
Just back from the game and I really do not want to bag any individual as it was great effort, but Idris looked two yards off the pace of the game, don't get me wrong he looked trimmer than I have ever seen him, but he looked to be really plodding with the ball
Considering how much they were talking him up for "training the house down" earlier
He's a long way away from being fit. With Souths down to 15 players and Inglis being nothing but a passenger for all but the first 15 minutes. Idris , when he came on fresh ,should've been able to run amok even if he only did it for 10 or 15 minutes.
Still as lazy as ever.
Not sure why some criticised Suli for a few mistakes? For who only has two NYC games for experience. He was terrific.( especially when compared with his predessessor)
Right side defence , at least in this game was still crud.and will be a liability from round 3 on unless fixed.
Taylor was pretty clear this week that it would take him some time to build up to what he's capable of. He might have trained the house down, but they maintained the whole time that he would be a slow burn.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:59 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 3:19 am
Defence in every area not just edges

Cook found us out with his speed from dummy half , and Sue when isolated is going to struggle with quicker players

When we don't control the speed of the ruck we look like we are going to be split at any moment
Yeah but quick PTB's are going to happen from time to time and a lightning quick dummy half like Cook is going to try and capitalise on them. To their credit they managed to shut down all of those darts from Cook without having the line broken. In fact I can't really remember us being split up the guts at all last night?

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:02 am

Defense in the last quarter of games this is a continuation of years gone bye when we let ourselves down and allow major points against us whether we are in front or behind on the scoreboard

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:09 am

Our goal line defence on the right side is still a major problem. Moses Naiqama and Nofo just don't seem to be on the same page. Moses still rushes in leaving Nofo with 2 on 1. 2 of Goodwin's trys there was no one marking him. The first Nofo followed Moses in and the second Moses was meant to be defending on the wing and rushed in leaving the winger unmarked. The forum whinged about tthis problem the whole of last season. I think we will be whingeing a lot about it this season as well.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:12 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 8:57 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Still as lazy as ever.
Right side defence , at least in this game was still crud.and will be a liability from round 3 on unless fixed.
Taylor was pretty clear this week that it would take him some time to build up to what he's capable of. He might have trained the house down, but they maintained the whole time that he would be a slow burn.
souths were shot ducks long before he got on the field, it was the perfect time for Idris to come on , As I said , still Lazy.
A season in reserve grade is what he needs..
At the moment, I'd rather have rankin on the field than Jamal.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:19 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:12 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Still as lazy as ever.
souths were shot ducks long before he got on the field, it was the perfect time for Idris to come on , As I said , still Lazy.
At the moment, I'd rather have rankin on the field than Jamal.
The way Chee Kam played i would be in no rush at all to bring him into the starting side.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:45 am

Its pretty clear a few years out of the game will take some time to get back up to speed.... All the off season training in the world doesn't compare to match fitness.... I'll give him 6-8 rounds.
Don't know about him being lazy last night, but he seemed to take some time to put his errors behind him... Took it all very hard, maybe he'd played the game in his head already and it not turning out as planned shattered him somewhat... I believe he's somewhat mentally fragile and a confidence player..... Needs time

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 10:10 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 9:45 am
Its pretty clear a few years out of the game will take some time to get back up to speed.... All the off season training in the world doesn't compare to match fitness.... I'll give him 6-8 rounds.
Don't know about him being lazy last night, but he seemed to take some time to put his errors behind him... Took it all very hard, maybe he'd played the game in his head already and it not turning out as planned shattered him somewhat... I believe he's somewhat mentally fragile and a confidence player..... Needs time
Totally agree Ink,once he does start getting right,he will be a great benefit to the team...
On another note,I was very impressed with the team performance all round,the new players did well and I single out MCK,he will be on the field in FG more often this year and seems to be a solid enough NRL player,pretty good effort on his behalf last night...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 10:25 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Still as lazy as ever.
]At the moment, I'd rather have rankin on the field than Jamal.
What???? :shock:

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 10:30 am

MacDougall wrote:
Fri 03 Mar, 2017 11:50 pm
Chee Kam stays and plays 80. That's pretty well all.
He was fantastic. Was great in the Cows trial and carried it into R1. Solid defence with plenty of venom and grate hit ups with terrific leg drive.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 10:54 am

Far more positives than negatives from last night

The first two tries were very soft - first was a run of the mill sweep move that we read terribly. Second saw the entire backline switch off - gotta have someone from right hand side sweeping there in the case of a kick. Embarrassing to have a guy score that could barely walk.

Don't mind the two tries at the end too much as we had 3-4 players playing out of position by that stage.
Obviously need to play out the 80 though.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 10:55 am

Not an 80 minutes team yet

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 3:41 pm

wd in perth wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 10:25 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Still as lazy as ever.
]At the moment, I'd rather have rankin on the field than Jamal.
What???? :shock:
I know. I'm amazed that I could say that too.
But no matter how long he's been out , last night was the easiest that he's likely to get all year.
It gets harder from here.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:37 pm

It's a shame we don't have Simona...
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:39 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:37 pm
Not really mate.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 5:33 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:39 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Not really mate.
Well I don't think Idris is close to 80 minutes and a couple weeks in NSW cup could help him to get his match fitness back.

I don't think we can keep playing Kev at right centre because after a whole pre-season there are still problems.

So unless we are going to blood another young player (Leumuelu, Papenhuyzen, Mata'afa, Tali, Jacobs, Tui) we probably need another quality backline player. I am sure Penrith will destroy ou right side if it stays Moses Kev Nofo. IMO it would be better if we a big strong centre like MCK defending at right centre to provide some size and muscle.
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 5:51 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 5:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:39 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Not really mate.
Well I don't think Idris is close to 80 minutes and a couple weeks in NSW cup could help him to get his match fitness back.

I don't think we can keep playing Kev at right centre because after a whole pre-season there are still problems.

So unless we are going to blood another young player (Leumuelu, Papenhuyzen, Mata'afa, Tali, Jacobs, Tui) we probably need another quality backline player. I am sure Penrith will destroy ou right side if it stays Moses Kev Nofo. IMO it would be better if we a big strong centre like MCK defending at right centre to provide some size and muscle.
Not if they play the way they're playing against Saints ATM.