Brooks

southerntiger

Re: Brooks

Post by southerntiger » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 11:10 am

Try assists have never been Brooks problem. His record for a young halfback is incredible in that regard. His problem has been consistency and being able to get repeat sets when a try isn't on.

If he gets his involvement up this year and improves his sixth tackle decision making, he will ge a long way to delivering on his early promise.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 05 Mar, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 11:54 am

As I said in another thread , I don't think Brooks understands how good his running game is and could be if continually hits the ball at speed and takes them on

His kicking game from what I have seen in the 9's and the trials /Rd 1 has improved greatly

I've seen some promising signs from Brooks so far , he is definitely heading in the right direction

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 12:52 pm

Took the whole team about ten or so minutes to get into the groove.

Agree he needs to pass at the line more, he doesn't commit enough. Otherwise I thought he was good without being spectacular.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 6:16 pm

Halfback is arguably the most important position in terms of team direction, speed, kicking, control etc
But we are happy if our halfback just doesn't make mistakes.
Come off it.