Quick video session

supercoach

Re: Quick video session

Post by supercoach » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 8:07 am

Your detailed video work just re-enforces what I thought at the game, and that is our defence structure is basically every bit as bad as last year. Or maybe the structure is okay but the individuals within the structure are still making the same crappy decisions

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 8:24 am

Very well done jirskyr,so in the final analysis,our guys can defend but don't get their reads right and miscount at times leaving them scrambling or open to opposition finding gaps to run through.
Totally agree that they must learn to defend in a straight line and MARK your man...once again good job mate....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:12 am

Great work with the analysis. It would seem that there simply isn't enough talk going on between them. There needs to be a leader in the outside defensive line to tell these guys what to do. Easy for us to say, I guess, but how in the world did these guys reach this level with these kinds of defensive defficiencies?

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Great Job mate, their defence doesn't scream confidence. They have no confidence in them selves and in the in and outside player.

Dont they talk - at least lawarence used to point a lot when he was in the centres. Him I'm going to miss a tackle on him. :)

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:59 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 05 Mar, 2017 11:48 pm
I was at the game, good win overall but disappointed in letting Souths back and some old mistakes still evident. Round 1 but some alarming issues still, thought I'd do a quick review.
This is the Best Thread I have Read in a long long time here,
Well Done jirskyr

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:23 am

yeti wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:12 am
Great work with the analysis. It would seem that there simply isn't enough talk going on between them. There needs to be a leader in the outside defensive line to tell these guys what to do. Easy for us to say, I guess, but how in the world did these guys reach this level with these kinds of defensive defficiencies?
I don't know, sometimes if you are close to the field you can hear talk but it's often fullbacks, I never get an accurate read on the backline talking. They should be yelling at each other constantly, I know its tiring but when teams are constantly putting second men into the line, you need to change who you are taking.

The first try is the perfect example, the outside 3 stay on Souths front outside 3, nobody picks up GI even though they must have had instructions to watch him, GI is the biggest threat on the park.

I have no idea what they do at training but I wonder if they just ran touch footy drills about talking and marking up, practice more to put themselves in the right position. I would want to see the wingers yelling at their inside men, they should have code words for a change in defensive pattern, and if the inside guy has been beaten on the outer he should call it whether he'll make the play or not. Come in if he calls you in, stay out if he does not.

Because IMO the hardest thing for a FB to do is cover the winger, you speed across field and wingers know how to step in or take the tackle. Far easier to come forward and help a backrower who is just being skirted, and so much easier for the inside cover to come across 1-2 spaces, than the FB to cover 4 spaces to reach the open winger.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:37 am

This is great stuff, well in.
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:07 am
Add in Idris and Suli not paying attention for the Inglis try, they get 1.0 SUU each as well.
I'd also apportion some blame whoever was the blind side winger at the time (assume Nofo, but players end up all over the place at scrum time - Teddy was actually in the scrum I think), as they should be covering across as an auxiliary FB as soon as the ball goes open side.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:42 am

Well from the great info passed on to us by jirskyr,it seems that our D still has a fair bit of work to do,hopefully JT is as observant as jirskyr is and will have them doing drill after drill to overcome their shortcomings in defence...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:29 pm

Brilliant. Just Bloody Brilliant.

Inglis try seems to be missing - and that was truly woeful.

But THANK YOU!!!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:11 pm

Don't forget the try they bombed on the half hour mark when Goodwin spilled the ball with no one in front of him. We looked all at sea that time too

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:30 pm

well done jirskyr!
your screengrabs tell the story well.
in Ivan we distrust

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 3:02 pm

West Tigers announce a new defensive coach JIRSKYR

Tiger4life

Post by Tiger4life » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 8:48 pm

Your hired lol. Great job mate. Ive bee saying it all along, Moses has the worst defensive reads and the other 2 are left in limbo. The one game i clearly remember them all moving up together was against the cowboys when we beat them and the RHS from memory didnt leak a try. It cant be that hard.

Not sure how long it takes you but would love this after every game.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:19 pm

Nice work jirskyr. I'd still give Nofa 0.5SUU for that final try. I know the damage was done but tackle somebody please. He gets caught tackling no one far too often for my liking.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:26 pm

Great thread thank you!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:11 pm

The really scary thing is that the moves they beat us with are very simple

Only the first try really had a decoy runner and that did Naiqama's head in

Lots of work to do boys

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:15 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 7:29 am
I award jirskyr 1000 WJB (Wow Just Brilliant) Units and Happy 100000 Genius Points for being a legendary logical football brain ..

Lets hope you only have 1 TRY against to analyse this week..
Seeing we totally agreed on both tries I commented on Geo and you disagreed with the Sue call I think you need to be :oops:

Luckily for you we still like you

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 10:11 pm
The really scary thing is that the moves they beat us with are very simple

Only the first try really had a decoy runner and that did Naiqama's head in

Lots of work to do boys
Looks like my live impression on the first try was correct after all per the screen shots. Clearly one short to begin with the inside going more forward than sliding left Kev with a hard choice, either leave the straight/inside runner a clear run to the line or take him.