WESTS Tigers Team V Penrith...

Nucky Thompson

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Penrith...

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:13 pm

Idris to me is looking like a second rower at present. I think his fit enough for a stint in second row and gets him self around the park quick enough. Does anyone agree his more a second rower or think he needs more time in centre ?

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:23 pm

Lolo named in 1st grade before Felise. Interesting.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:13 pm
Idris to me is looking like a second rower at present. I think his fit enough for a stint in second row and gets him self around the park quick enough. Does anyone agree his more a second rower or think he needs more time in centre ?
We're still in the process of transitioning one centre into a second rower, let's not take on two at once.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:26 pm

Mac tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:23 pm
Lolo named in 1st grade before Felise. Interesting.
Felise was named last week.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:46 pm

yes I know - Felise was named in the 21 against Souffs, and both played against Wyong. Interesting that Lolo is yet to make 1st grade debut but named in front of Felise for this week at least.

Anyway good side and we should get the prize if we can play for most of the 80.

I'd like to see Rowdy transition to the bench at some stage - think he'd go well against tired defence.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 8:40 pm

Unchanged, they have all earn the right to run out this week.

Will be interesting when both Ballin and liddle are available.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 8:48 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 4:56 pm
clifferdSH wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 4:21 pm
I'd rather Idris just play a full 80 in nsw cup, wasted bench spot imo. Other than that, good team
The bench looked very light on for mine, starting a centre off the bench and keeping an interchange hooker means two forwards in the rotation. The Tigers looked wrecked in the last 20 against the bunnies, and I think going without fresh forwards did them in.

But I looked at the flexibility in the starting lineup, Chee Kam can play back row, Lawrence can play centre, Sue can move to prop, ET plays all over the park. I can see how Taylor's approaching this while continuing to baby Idris.

I'd still rather a Potter bench. Put your four biggest lads at 14-17. Simples.
Didnt Potter only do that for about 5 rounds. My memory is that when our depth in the forwards got tested he went back to having a back on the bench. Didnt Blake Austin play off the bench for most of his year here?

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 9:05 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 7:13 pm
We're still in the process of transitioning one centre into a second rower, let's not take on two at once.
And waSn't that second rower great last week. Hope he keeps up that form.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 9:36 pm

I do not get it.
For mine chee kam has proven he is more than adequate on the left. Right Centre is still our liability with kev only bringing fast feet and hands in an attacking set to the table and poor defence.
Idris needs more time and I think he is our answer to our right side defence issues.
For this to happen I would be starting idris at Centre and keeping kev on the bench to replace idris once his tired or if he is still good. bring him onto the wing to give suli a break or bring him on to play through the middle.
Kev could be a force late in the game when the oposition is tired and we need to start improving our right side from the moment the ball is kicked.
At the moment these tries are scored because everyone in a position on the right is not experienced in their own position to make the right call and to force the outside covering defenders to hold and slide out.
Someone mentioned ET would be good out there but I think Idris is the Key.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 10:34 pm

Good team. Happy with that. Give them hell boys.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 10:45 pm

how good is it having our back three bringing the ball back so well. Suli and Nofa with the power and Teddy with his speed ad vision. Let's us start our sets in good positions. I can only recall one set last weekend we didn't make many metres and even at the end of the set Moses was able to get a good kick away. I think the back three will be big for us this weekend and propel us to 2 from 2.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 10:52 pm

Its really good that JT is sticking to a winning team and hasn't changed anything ,as the year progresses he can change who is not going well with the likes of Ballin and Liddle coming back and other depth players,however the ones he has stuck with this week must keep producing and reciprocate the faith...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm

Where is Ballin, thought he was back this week?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 11:22 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm
He's coming off the bench in State Cup

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 11:25 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm
May need a bit more time...but really you have to have MMc starting considering his performance last week...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 08 Mar, 2017 12:15 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 07 Mar, 2017 9:36 pm
I do not get it.
For mine chee kam has proven he is more than adequate on the left. Right Centre is still our liability with kev only bringing fast feet and hands in an attacking set to the table and poor defence.
Idris needs more time and I think he is our answer to our right side defence issues.
For this to happen I would be starting idris at Centre and keeping kev on the bench to replace idris once his tired or if he is still good. bring him onto the wing to give suli a break or bring him on to play through the middle.
Kev could be a force late in the game when the oposition is tired and we need to start improving our right side from the moment the ball is kicked.
At the moment these tries are scored because everyone in a position on the right is not experienced in their own position to make the right call and to force the outside covering defenders to hold and slide out.
Someone mentioned ET would be good out there but I think Idris is the Key.
Yep...I tend to agree with part of what you are saying. I'd start Idris and Chee Kam in the centres, drop Naiqama to reserve grade and bring Felise onto the bench. This is obviously dependent on Idris being fit enough to play 80 minutes (i'm not sure he is yet).

everett8

Post by everett8 » Wed 08 Mar, 2017 12:32 pm

Once Idris is 80 minutes match fit we can move Kevin back to State Cup and JJ Feilse on the bench.

MCK appears a capable centre but we need more than one game to determine if he is a long term solution.

Great to read no injuries so the same team can be named again. Injuries in the past were one of our main issues.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 08 Mar, 2017 2:44 pm

everett8 wrote:
Wed 08 Mar, 2017 12:32 pm
Once Idris is 80 minutes match fit we can move Kevin back to State Cup and JJ Feilse on the bench.

MCK appears a capable centre but we need more than one game to determine if he is a long term solution.

Great to read no injuries so the same team can be named again. Injuries in the past were one of our main issues.
Lawrence could always cover an injury in the back line as well.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...