Brooks overhauls playing style..

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Brooks overhauls playing style..

Unread post by mike » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:06 pm

Still a lot of work to be done. I somehow think it is more in his head that any lack of ability. Perhaps a good sports psychologist would help. Needs help when things are not going his way. Very poor descions and execution under pressure.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Nucky Thompson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:11 pm

mike wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:06 pm
Still a lot of work to be done. I somehow think it is more in his head that any lack of ability. Perhaps a good sports psychologist would help. Needs help when things are not going his way. Very poor descions and execution under pressure.
He see someone mate. Teddy , moses, Brooks and woods see the same guy. No more excuses for him.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by mike » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:14 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:11 pm
mike wrote:
He see someone mate. Teddy , moses, Brooks and woods see the same guy. No more excuses for him.
Maybe he should see someone else, one size doesn't always fit everyone. What works for one person does not always hit the spot with another. It's obviously not working for him so something has to change.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Nucky Thompson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:19 pm

mike wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:14 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
mike wrote:
Maybe he should see someone else, one size doesn't always fit everyone. What works for one person does not always hit the spot with another. It's obviously not working for him so something has to change.
If he doesn't kick in to hear. It's a new team mate that the only thing to help him... broncos.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by mike » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:19 pm
mike wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:14 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
mike wrote:
If he doesn't kick in to hear. It's a new team mate that the only thing to help him... broncos.
You a probably right.

WTDiehard
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by WTDiehard » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:31 pm

If I was Brooks....I'd leave at the end of the year.

Does he have talent....DEFINATELY...but he just isn't getting any better staying at the Tigers. The guy needs a strong coach and alot of off field guidance. I think he maybe a bit stale at the Tigers....he has been here all his playing career and he's always been referred to as a champion, and maybe thats part of the problem.

Bronco's have a 1/2 back spot opening up and Storm as well with Cronk leaving at the end of the year.

If Brooks is smart.....he will be on the move if he wants to maximize his career, cause its going nowhere fast here.

Pity....but its true.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:38 pm

Cost us 3 tries in defence and 2 7 tackle sets.
Passing game put people under pressure and got dominated by a peanut in TMM. Seemed rattled interesting his good mate Simona threw a few under the bus with the Mad Monday coke allegations.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:29 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 12:13 am
There's were a couple of times against Souths where Brooks looked across to Idris on his outside, then went with some hair brained plan B rather than pass it. There was one where he put a stupid kick.in instead of passing it, and another where he tried to float a cut out ball to Suli which was called forward.

Both times Idris was the obvious reciever, but it felt like Brooks doesn't trust him yet.
No matter who was obvious, why the heck would you pass to Idris.
Doing anything else with the ball would be preferable

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:33 pm

WTDiehard wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:31 pm
If I was Brooks....I'd leave at the end of the year.

Does he have talent....DEFINATELY...but he just isn't getting any better staying at the Tigers. The guy needs a strong coach and alot of off field guidance. I think he maybe a bit stale at the Tigers....he has been here all his playing career and he's always been referred to as a champion, and maybe thats part of the problem.

Bronco's have a 1/2 back spot opening up and Storm as well with Cronk leaving at the end of the year.

If Brooks is smart.....he will be on the move if he wants to maximize his career, cause its going nowhere fast here.

Pity....but its true.
Thanks for the laugh. I needed that after the loss.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:09 am

mike wrote:
Sat 11 Mar, 2017 7:31 pm
I'm glad he realises he wasn't playing all that well. Accepting that is the first step in improving.
And how was his performance yesterday....someone send a copy of the interview to Brooks so he can hear what crap he said,you know the part about control....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by mike » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 5:14 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:09 am
mike wrote:
Sat 11 Mar, 2017 7:31 pm
I'm glad he realises he wasn't playing all that well. Accepting that is the first step in improving.
And how was his performance yesterday....someone send a copy of the interview to Brooks so he can hear what crap he said,you know the part about control....
it's not getting any better either. Time to move on.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 5:19 pm

I have said it previously that Potter seemed to be able to get the best out of Brooks ..he just went from bad to worse under Taylor do not right the Guy of just yet ,lets give an experience coach some time with him be patient.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 5:31 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 21 Mar, 2017 5:19 pm
I have said it previously that Potter seemed to be able to get the best out of Brooks ..he just went from bad to worse under Taylor do not right the Guy of just yet ,lets give an experience coach some time with him be patient.
Him & MM were given more responsibility & freer reign last year... I know it's tough with a pack constantly dominated but I'm losing patience with him

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”