Another false start hope for the year.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: Another false start hope for the year.

Unread post by stryker » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:38 pm

Newtown wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:14 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 2:36 pm
Chevy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:15 pm
What this performance shows is that no matter how much these players think they are worth if they are not willing to compete then your not going to win.
Not a truer word said on this forum for a long time...most of our players think they are NRL fg players,they have a fair way to go...first and foremost -if your going to run out and represent your club,at least perform to the potential and hype that surrounds you or don't go out at all..its been a long time since I played the game and even at my age I would of been proud to wear the WTs jersey and they would have had to carry me off before I stopped trying..I suppose parading around like an NRL player makes you one...how wrong are they ???
If we had some decent back up reserve players we may be able to give these pseudo first grade players a wake up call. For the last couple of years all these first grade players have been giving us (the fans) is the wake up reality call of how very short the team is off the first grade level. We would have to be one of the poorest teams in the competition, both financially and class wise.
Yeah I think that was proven by the performances of all three grades yesterday. We cant give wake up calls to under performers because those coming through are very average and will get eaten alive in FG.
Do we have any real prospects in the lower grades that would make an impact this season?

LCA
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 5:38 pm

stryker wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:38 pm
Newtown wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Chevy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:15 pm
What this performance shows is that no matter how much these players think they are worth if they are not willing to compete then your not going to win.
Not a truer word said on this forum for a long time...most of our players think they are NRL fg players,they have a fair way to go...first and foremost -if your going to run out and represent your club,at least perform to the potential and hype that surrounds you or don't go out at all..its been a long time since I played the game and even at my age I would of been proud to wear the WTs jersey and they would have had to carry me off before I stopped trying..I suppose parading around like an NRL player makes you one...how wrong are they ???
If we had some decent back up reserve players we may be able to give these pseudo first grade players a wake up call. For the last couple of years all these first grade players have been giving us (the fans) is the wake up reality call of how very short the team is off the first grade level. We would have to be one of the poorest teams in the competition, both financially and class wise.
Yeah I think that was proven by the performances of all three grades yesterday. We cant give wake up calls to under performers because those coming through are very average and will get eaten alive in FG.
Do we have any real prospects in the lower grades that would make an impact this season?
More than anything, yesterday's result(s) have got me thinking...what now? It doesn't seem like there's a lot of untapped potential just waiting there in NSW Cup and U'20s to be given a shot at NRL, as was the case with Moses Suli. So, after that debacle yesterday, what's the answer?

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:26 pm

LCA wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 5:38 pm
stryker wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:38 pm
Newtown wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:

More than anything, yesterday's result(s) have got me thinking...what now? It doesn't seem like there's a lot of untapped potential just waiting there in NSW Cup and U'20s to be given a shot at NRL, as was the case with Moses Suli. So, after that debacle yesterday, what's the answer?
wait until we have some money to buy quality players,not pin our hopes on overhyped and overpaid wanna be s....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:10 pm

If we don't change what we as a club can offer, then who ever comes will be like Adam Blair.
They just fall into line and Play to the mentality around them.

ET, tapou, and some of those that were unwanted by their clubs come with a point to prove and do well, also our expectation of them isn't as high.

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”