Brooks' worst performance

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Brooks' worst performance

Post by Defiant » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:49 pm

I hope the big 5 keep holding out on their contracts because it at least provides motivation. There was not much of that today. Busy reading the Tele?

After we get pumped by Canberra again next Sunday we have probably knocked a good 25% of 2-5's contract offers.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29644
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:50 pm

Was terrible today...criticism deserved ..wasn't on his Pat though..

Forwards got dominated...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:52 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:42 pm
"big 5"...its a laugh. The reality is we have a "big 1" with potential for maybe one of the others to join Ted.
We have Tedesco who was outplayed by Moylan today and Moylan isn't a good player.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:53 pm

Defiant wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:49 pm
I hope the big 5 keep holding out on their contracts because it at least provides motivation. There was not much of that today. Busy reading the Tele?

After we get pumped by Canberra again next Sunday we have probably knocked a good 25% of 2-5's contract offers.
That is the silver lining, their bargaining power will decrease.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:52 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:42 pm
"big 5"...its a laugh. The reality is we have a "big 1" with potential for maybe one of the others to join Ted.
We have Tedesco who was outplayed by Moylan today and Moylan isn't a good player.
Teddy only gets outplayed a couple of times a year. The other 4 get outplayed regularly.
Moylan is a good player when his forwards give him opportunity. They demolished our pigs today.


User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:58 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:42 pm
"big 5"...its a laugh. The reality is we have a "big 1" with potential for maybe one of the others to join Ted.

Brooks was crap
Moses was crap
Nofa was crap
Woods was okay
Teddy is a class above

We have gone from a game last week where I couldn't fault anyone's effort to a game this week where there was barely a highlight performance. See if they can turn it around next week. W seriously lack some direction. We got schooled by an even more inexperienced halves poring today. Broses have a lot of work to do to convince they can lead a team around.

Ps what the hell happened with our bench rotation today? I didn't spot Aloiai until the last 10 and can barely recall Edwards. Expecting way too many minutes out of players not even close to being 80mim players. We can't carry all of Idris, chee Kam, suli and sue for long minutes.
Hopefully cooler in Canberra next week.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:01 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm
Earl wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:52 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:42 pm
"big 5"...its a laugh. The reality is we have a "big 1" with potential for maybe one of the others to join Ted.
We have Tedesco who was outplayed by Moylan today and Moylan isn't a good player.
Teddy only gets outplayed a couple of times a year. The other 4 get outplayed regularly.
Moylan is a good player when his forwards give him opportunity. They demolished our pigs today.
I agree. Tedesco is a proven player. Woods is also proven but I don't think he is worth huge dollars. Brooks and Moses are all over the place.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33102
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:05 pm

As far as attack goes, no one clicked today, we bombed several tries through poor execution, dropping the ball over the line, forward passes etc. Defensively though Brooks was shocking, whereas Moses stuck to most of his tackles today.

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12035
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:07 pm

And that is where the Club will continue to make there mistakes and continue to offer Contracts on Potential and paying huge overs in the process.
Brooks needs to be let go and if he blossoms somewhere else big deal many have blossomed once they have left our Club Austin and Te Marie Martin come to mind and all because we continue to pay overs on Potential.

What do you expect from an Amateurish Organisation.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5611
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:12 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:07 pm
And that is where the Club will continue to make there mistakes and continue to offer Contracts on Potential and paying huge overs in the process.
Brooks needs to be let go and if he blossoms somewhere else big deal many have blossomed once they have left our Club Austin and Te Marie Martin come to mind and all because we continue to pay overs on Potential.

What do you expect from an Amateurish Organisation.
Amen. Austin was playing well in 2015 and was let go for someone with potential. Two years later and he's still playing well and we're still waiting.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:18 pm

Winnipeg wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:35 pm
So Brooks has 1 good 1 bad game for the year. It's not like everyone else was fantastic today.

1 avg game and 1 bad game
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:18 pm

Even worse Austin was considered behind Anasta by Potter. For this alone Potter deserved the boot!

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:53 pm
Defiant wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:49 pm
I hope the big 5 keep holding out on their contracts because it at least provides motivation. There was not much of that today. Busy reading the Tele?

After we get pumped by Canberra again next Sunday we have probably knocked a good 25% of 2-5's contract offers.
That is the silver lining, their bargaining power will decrease.

We have no bargaining power. The worst part is they will still all get massive offers if we loose by 50 each week.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:27 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:53 pm
Defiant wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:49 pm
I hope the big 5 keep holding out on their contracts because it at least provides motivation. There was not much of that today. Busy reading the Tele?

After we get pumped by Canberra again next Sunday we have probably knocked a good 25% of 2-5's contract offers.
That is the silver lining, their bargaining power will decrease.

We have no bargaining power. The worst part is they will still all get massive offers if we loose by 50 each week.
They wont get massive offers if they keep playing like today and the the end of 2016.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:40 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:27 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:53 pm
Defiant wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:49 pm
I hope the big 5 keep holding out on their contracts because it at least provides motivation. There was not much of that today. Busy reading the Tele?

After we get pumped by Canberra again next Sunday we have probably knocked a good 25% of 2-5's contract offers.
That is the silver lining, their bargaining power will decrease.

We have no bargaining power. The worst part is they will still all get massive offers if we loose by 50 each week.
They wont get massive offers if they keep playing like today and the the end of 2016.
And that would be a damn shame
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5611
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:43 pm

Would he be close to not getting offered a contract at all by the club?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:50 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:53 pm
Defiant wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:49 pm
I hope the big 5 keep holding out on their contracts because it at least provides motivation. There was not much of that today. Busy reading the Tele?

After we get pumped by Canberra again next Sunday we have probably knocked a good 25% of 2-5's contract offers.
That is the silver lining, their bargaining power will decrease.

We have no bargaining power. The worst part is they will still all get massive offers if we loose by 50 each week.
This.
No bargaining power... Weve nothing to offer the best players OR coaches.
No money.... Crap training facilities... 3 home grounds... A dodgy culture with soft underbelly, an average coach... We make up the numbers

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:54 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:43 pm
Would he be close to not getting offered a contract at all by the club?
There will be clubs who'd take him, but their offers won't be very flattering.

Post Reply