Brooks' worst performance

Harvey

Re: Brooks' worst performance

Post by Harvey » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:27 pm

I looked at the lineups & though the Panthers have big bench. Injuries wide and they would have been in trouble. Looking ay how the game was refereed, it would ave been an advantage to have xtra middle men

Mickeyboy

Post by Mickeyboy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:35 pm

Unfortunately just an ordinary performance by all involved today.....Big 4? Maybe a giant one, one average more than a big one, one just bigger than an average one, and one a small one. Contracts should be apportioned appropriately.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:38 pm

On today's performance, Brooks will be paying the Tigers to stay

Jux

Post by Jux » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:33 am

Can't get over how Brooks seems to suffer permanent stage fright. Watched the kid many times do unbelievable stuff in the 20s, yet offers next to nothing in first grade after 3 years. Given that his attack is non existent and his defence is deplorable, bringing in someone who also has limited attack but at least can defend puts us ahead. Time for Luke to meet the reggies coach.

matchball

Post by matchball » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:43 am

Jux wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:33 am
Can't get over how Brooks seems to suffer permanent stage fright. Watched the kid many times do unbelievable stuff in the 20s, yet offers next to nothing in first grade after 3 years. Given that his attack is non existent and his defence is deplorable, bringing in someone who also has limited attack but at least can defend puts us ahead. Time for Luke to meet the reggies coach.
He is stuck in a NYC style of football.
All attack and no defence. He never matured as a footballer.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 2:07 am

Look Brooks was bad , but our selections just made no sense today

I was at work and sorting out a new lounge so don't know when Grant was ruled out , but you knew it was going to be hot so interchanges and when they were made was going to be crucial

So why not start with this line up

Tedesco
Nofoaluma
Naiqama
Idris
Suli
Moses
Brooks
Aloiai
MM
Woods
Chee Kam
Lawrence
Taylor

Edwards
Sue
Ava
JLJ

You don't lose much up the middle when you change Woods and Aloiai , Chee Kam could of switched to centre for 20 minutes while you substituted Idris and bring on Edwards and or move Sue back to the edge if you wish for a short time

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:41 am

There are threads saying we should trade Brooks but as i see it there can only be 1 team where he would start,that being the Dragons where he may be in front of Josh mcCrone.At his best he may give Mbai Bulldogs,Townsend Sharks,Sezer Raiders a run for their money but i can hardly see any other clubs queueing for his services.Is no better now than when he first played first grade.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 5:23 am

He hasn't moved on at all, Moses, although he was bad to yesterday, has at least moved forward in his game............Brooks though

That "Big 4 or 5" should be at least less one, even before yesterday's game he was barely in that group

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 5:52 am

When they said Brooks was the new Andrew Johns, I thought they meant at football.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:40 am

I can't recall seeing a kick off as bad as that one - is it a record for being so far off course?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:21 am

I can't see no improvement with Brooks, the money he wants is insane, these grubby player managers drum everything else but footy in to there heads, let him go and get JLJ in the 7 for 500k cheaper

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:39 am

Why don't we sign Brodie Croft???
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:02 am

Slot JLJ in at half, put the wind up him.

I will say though it's hard for your halves to shine when your back are beaten badly.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:07 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:50 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:24 pm
stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:53 pm
Defiant wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:49 pm
I hope the big 5 keep holding out on their contracts because it at least provides motivation. There was not much of that today. Busy reading the Tele?

After we get pumped by Canberra again next Sunday we have probably knocked a good 25% of 2-5's contract offers.
That is the silver lining, their bargaining power will decrease.

We have no bargaining power. The worst part is they will still all get massive offers if we loose by 50 each week.
This.
No bargaining power... Weve nothing to offer the best players OR coaches.
No money.... Crap training facilities... 3 home grounds... A dodgy culture with soft underbelly, an average coach... We make up the numbers
If what you say is true Ink - maybe we should just drop out of the comp.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:14 am

Twodogs wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 5:52 am
When they said Brooks was the new Andrew Johns, I thought they meant at football.
:roll ill pay that one....

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:06 am

Brooks doesn't appear able to step up in difficult games. That's the sad truth of what we've seen so far. I reckon if you go back and log all his best games, they are when the forwards and whole team are dominant, and he just rides the wave.

But games where we are in trouble, he is very rarely a clutch player, you don't throw the ball to him with 2 minutes to go, not at all.

He says he wants to control a game and direct the team around the park, but he just doesn't impose himself on the game for long enough periods, his execution is off and he struggles to build pressure on the defence week in and out.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:10 am

69-05-41 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:39 pm
JLJ is better and more consistent in attack and defence. Every time Brooks makes a mistake he goes MIA. Rankin has more claim to the Big 4 (or 5) than Brooks.
As someone else said recently"we don't have a big 4".
What we have is a a very good 1 and a pretty good 1 (Woods)
The only other thing that is big is some other contenders heads , who produce on the odd occasion.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:18 am

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:05 pm
should be in NSW CUP next week, was useless today. but in saying that gee we looked unfit, we ran out of puff 15 min before 1/2 time.
We looked unfit because our forwards are way too small against a pack like Penrith's. Needing at least two, sometimes three, of our players to tackle a Penrith forward very quickly took the puff out of our players. We held our ground for the first 30 minutes and then the floodgates opened.

We play a similar side in Canberra next week so I hope our coaches and selectors put a lot of thought into how we can improve. I remember that the last time we played Canberra the match was at Leichhardt and we were very soundly beaten.