Re: Kick for goal

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:46 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:32 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:24 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:17 pm
I'd be more concerned about the 5 bombed TRIES...
And Brooks was sensational wasn't he?
Pathetic footballer....loving his jibbering articles
Why so angry...?
Nothing to do with what your saying 5 bombed Tries.
Don't know what you saw the 5 bombed TRIES.
Tedesco knocked on over the line and Suli fumbled it aswell apart from that Brooks played a major role in helping them win convincingly.

Don't know how you rate Brooks as a player, especially to have as an Avatar :lol:
But there is many average players anyway....when players such as Idris, Edwards, Naiqama are making your 17 you know your on paper thin.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:08 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:32 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:24 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:17 pm
I'd be more concerned about the 5 bombed TRIES...
And Brooks was sensational wasn't he?
Pathetic footballer....loving his jibbering articles
Why so angry...?
Nothing to do with what your saying 5 bombed Tries.
Don't know what you saw the 5 bombed TRIES.
Tedesco knocked on over the line and Suli fumbled it aswell apart from that Brooks played a major role in helping them win convincingly.

Don't know how you rate Brooks as a player, especially to have as an Avatar :lol:
But there is many average players anyway....when players such as Idris, Edwards, Naiqama are making your 17 you know your on paper thin.
I love him...

Also saw Nofoaluma try pulled back for a forward pass from Moses which looked flat at best ...Naiqama drop it with the Try line begging in the 2nd half ...Not to mention even when we did get close to the line someone eventually dropped it..3 or 4 more times..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:14 pm

Yeah true Geo but still no one contributed more to our loss than Brooks.

Anyway need to numb myself out.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:21 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:10 pm
Flippedy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:04 pm
Get a grip ks, a decision to take 2 points that early in the match could hardly be blamed for the entire 34 point loss! Seriously? Besides, even if we took the set of 6 at that stage there was no guarantee that we'd have scored - they couldn't buy a try today, probably would've ended up 36 - 0!
Mate never underestimate the "swing" that occurs in todays game. We were the better team up until that point. Thats how rugby league is now. One bad call can change everything. The swing came right then. That call cost us.

I have no doubt at all the game goes down to the wire if we dont kick for goal. Opinion of course, but still very confident.

Penrith were gone. I really believe if we attack there we score 2 tries before halftime.

The call was horrible mate. 90% of people can see it.

Yeah I understand the importance of a 'swing' or 'turning point' in a game ks, but I don't think Penrith were as 'gone' as you think at that stage - their defense was pretty good throughout the whole match, considering the conditions. I really don't think it would've made any difference in the long run, we were never really in it, imo, but I guess we agree to disagree :mrgreen: Sadly, we will never know what might've been.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:22 pm

I just don't get how they call the Nofo TRY forward when they couldn't even call a 3 metre forward pass on Friday Night :brick: :brick: :brick:

The refs are never consistent and it always seems to go against us... :brick: :brick: :brick:
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:25 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:14 pm

:lol: You'll feel better in the morning...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:28 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:22 pm
I just don't get how they call the Nofo TRY forward when they couldn't even call a 3 metre forward pass on Friday Night :brick: :brick: :brick:

The refs are never consistent and it always seems to go against us... :brick: :brick: :brick:
Friday's decision was 'why' they did call it forward. Obviously the Refs got a gee-up after that call on friday so what was 50/50 got the bad luck call on this occasion.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:29 pm

king sirro wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Get a grip ks, a decision to take 2 points that early in the match could hardly be blamed for the entire 34 point loss! Seriously? Besides, even if we took the set of 6 at that stage there was no guarantee that we'd have scored - they couldn't buy a try today, probably would've ended up 36 - 0!
Mate never underestimate the "swing" that occurs in todays game. We were the better team up until that point. Thats how rugby league is now. One bad call can change everything. The swing came right then. That call cost us.

I have no doubt at all the game goes down to the wire if we dont kick for goal. Opinion of course, but still very confident.

Penrith were gone. I really believe if we attack there we score 2 tries before halftime.

Have a lie down mate...youve been in the sun too long

Before the kick we had bombed two tries, had been on the line several more sets and couldnt crack them...wed had 6 or 7 goes at their line, hardly ''the better team''

I thought at the time it was a breather kick, looked like it may have been a close game at the time....

We cracked soon after ..simple as that

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:43 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:14 pm

Took you till 7:14 to tell yourself that???
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:29 pm
king sirro wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Before the kick we had bombed two tries, had been on the line several more sets and couldnt crack them...wed had 6 or 7 goes at their line, hardly ''the better team''

I thought at the time it was a breather kick, looked like it may have been a close game at the time....

This. It's easy in hindsight to say it was the wrong decision. At the time we were on top and had zero to show for it. It didn't feel like a bad decision. Suli dropping the ball over the line and the forward pass was what was costly.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

I think u just described exactly why i think it was a bad call to justify why u think it was a good call. We cracked soon after u say... um thats exactly what i said was about to happen but we gave up that chance to kick a goal. They would have cracked not us. Thats the point. Its a disgraceful decision and every decent judge is saying its the turning point.

Blatantly wrong call Innk. Most know it.

Would it have changed the result, i have my doubts. But i definitely feel it eliminated any chance.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

This. It's easy in hindsight to say it was the wrong decision. At the time we were on top and had zero to show for it. It didn't feel like a bad decision. Suli dropping the ball over the line and the forward pass was what was costly.

No hindsight at all. I called it live and Stryker called it live. Horrible call. We were proven right straight after. No hindsight mate when u call it at the time
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:52 pm

You're ignoring the 6 or 7 times they turned us away before the kick

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:55 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:21 pm
king sirro wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Yeah I understand the importance of a 'swing' or 'turning point' in a game ks, but I don't think Penrith were as 'gone' as you think at that stage - their defense was pretty good throughout the whole match, considering the conditions. I really don't think it would've made any difference in the long run, we were never really in it, imo, but I guess we agree to disagree :mrgreen: Sadly, we will never know what might've been.
Sorry mate its not that i just think Penrith were gone, i think both teams could go at any minute and the chance for a full set in opposition territory at that time was priceless. The game was on a knife edge and we choked with that call.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:52 pm
u don't think pressure builds and they crack? They turned us away through our own poor mistakes or a ref ruling a forward pass that wasnt forward just to let the public know they still rule forward passes after they let the Broncos pass like NFL quarterbacks on friday night.

The call was horrible to take the kick. No game insight at all and that was proven straight after. Field positin was everything at that time and Penrith gained it then and won the game. I really want to know who made the call. They should be slapped.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:23 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:59 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:52 pm
u don't think pressure builds and they crack? They turned us away through our own poor mistakes or a ref ruling a forward pass that wasnt forward just to let the public know they still rule forward passes after they let the Broncos pass like NFL quarterbacks on friday night.

The call was horrible to take the kick. No game insight at all and that was proven straight after. Field positin was everything at that time and Penrith gained it then and won the game. I really want to know who made the call. They should be slapped.
I think you are both right. We shouldn't have taken the kick but at the same time we couldn't score a point. We were poor and we never looked likely to score.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:35 pm

We cracked....it had nothing to do with the kick....I believe it was McIlwrick trying to milk a penalty and turning over possesion which led to their first try...THAT relieved the pressure....then a couple sets later Brooks trying to tackle no one also relieve pressure....leading to their second, again nothing to do with a penalty kick

They werent gone, they were holding as were we. We werent building pressure, we could get down there but did nothing with it...thats not pressure, thats giving them confidence in their D...which is what the commentators said their entire warm up consisted of.

We cracked

Its quite insane that you can really believe something would occur a certain way in the future if a different option was taken
Im serious here, have you been drinking?

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:35 pm
We cracked....it had nothing to do with the kick....I believe it was McIlwrick trying to milk a penalty and turning over possesion which led to their first try...THAT relieved the pressure....then a couple sets later Brooks trying to tackle no one also relieve pressure....leading to their second, again nothing to do with a penalty kick

They werent gone, they were holding as were we. We werent building pressure, we could get down there but did nothing with it...thats not pressure, thats giving them confidence in their D...which is what the commentators said their entire warm up consisted of.

We cracked

Its quite insane that you can really believe something would occur a certain way in the future if a different option was taken
Im serious here, have you been drinking?
On another note regarding defence, we're embarrassing. The fact that other teams take that aspect so seriously (and it translates in their performances on game day) makes us look like amateurs.. With the constant talk every year about how it's a main focus, and that changes are being made I'm always hopeful, but I really doubt it's ever going to happen now.

Not being able to crack their defence today was really concerning.. I mean we couldn't defend, but we never scored a try either :s