Embarassing

Sabre

Embarassing

Post by Sabre » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:14 pm

Take nothing away from Penrith, their defence was phenomenal today but to not score a single try an entire game is a disgrace.
We looked completely shot after 20 minutes and from that point on you could just tell we were in for a long game.
There were a lot of blokes out there today that need to do a fair bit of work if they want to be a week to week NRL player.
Especially frustrating after last week, I know Souths were poor but I was still expecting a lot more from us today.

Our use of the interchange bench was also pretty bad I thought after seeing how exhausted we looked. Having an interchange back is not ideal.

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:22 pm

Good day for the club

Holden Cup: Panthers - 34-4
ISP: Panthers - 52-12
NRL: Panthers - 36-2

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:34 pm

You might not want to tai anything away from them Sabre, but I will. They were average. The first 20 minutes attacking our line, they were flat and offering nothing. Then Suli drops the ball over the line and we get stiffed with a forward psss and that was it. Our heads dropped completely. The heat probably sapped us too. But it's no excuse. There were 2 teams out there.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:36 pm

I thought penrith were very very average. Premiership contenders they are not.

And that makes it harder to take. We wre considerably worse.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:37 pm

Born tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:22 pm
Good day for the club

Holden Cup: Panthers - 34-4
ISP: Panthers - 52-12
NRL: Panthers - 36-2
Wow that is depressing news.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:38 pm

Swordy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:36 pm
I thought penrith were very very average. Premiership contenders they are not.

And that makes it harder to take. We wre considerably worse.
Totally agree.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:41 pm

We sucked in all 3 grades, no two ways about it. FG was very disappointing after an arm wrestle for the first 20 minutes. We just seemed to lose all energy at after the first 20 and Penrith noticed it and lifted immediately. Defence, well that's going to be an ongoing concern, we don't handle the bigger, more mobile teams well. I'll be surprised if Canberra don't put 60 past us next week, it's that sort of game given they are 0-2 and at home. No better time than to play themselves into form and we won't handle their hard running forwards, mark my words.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:45 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:41 pm
We sucked in all 3 grades, no two ways about it. FG was very disappointing after an arm wrestle for the first 20 minutes. We just seemed to lose all energy at after the first 20 and Penrith noticed it and lifted immediately. Defence, well that's going to be an ongoing concern, we don't handle the bigger, more mobile teams well. I'll be surprised if Canberra don't put 60 past us next week, it's that sort of game given they are 0-2 and at home. No better time than to play themselves into form and we won't handle their hard running forwards, mark my words.
I fear you are correct and if it is a hot day it will a total disaster.You know in advance the few who will perform and the ones who just wear the clubs colours for the pay

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:47 pm

willow wrote:
Put Papali down for a hattrick now.
Boyd will probably get one too.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:50 pm

The club culture beginning with the head coach has to take responsibility for the mental weakness that is displayed in EVERY Game

Twmba Tigerman

Post by Twmba Tigerman » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:50 pm

Embarrassing. Some of the team look like they are counting the dollars and not concentrating on the purpose they are on the paddock for. I agree that the Raiders will smack us next week. Had a reasonable feeling about this year but for some reason its all gone out the window. One tip though is sign Brooks this week, we should be able to get him for biscuits and will not have any opposition other than the Dapto B Grade side. He was awful..................
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:52 pm

The most embarrassing thing was the bench. We were right in that up until the 30 minute mark. Penrith rotated their forwards and put fresh big men on and got the roll on down the middle. 2 changes in the first half and then 2 changed 5 minutes after half time is just illogical.
We can't be competitive against these massive sides carrying just the 2 forwards on the bench. We're wasting a spot carrying Idris. He should be getting match fitness in NSW Cup, rather than being eased in off the bench. If we go up against the Raiders next weekend with just 2 forwards they will put 60 on us again.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:52 pm
The most embarrassing thing was the bench. We were right in that up until the 30 minute mark. Penrith rotated their forwards and put fresh big men on and got the roll on down the middle. 2 changes in the first half and then 2 changed 5 minutes after half time is just illogical.
We can't be competitive against these massive sides carrying just the 2 forwards on the bench. We're wasting a spot carrying Idris. He should be getting match fitness in NSW Cup, rather than being eased in off the bench. If we go up against the Raiders next weekend with just 2 forwards they will put 60 on us again.
Our use of the bench was a disaster. You could tell watching it that we were going about it all wrong, how can JT not see it?

Post by 851 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:00 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm
Fraze23 wrote:
Our use of the bench was a disaster. You could tell watching it that we were going about it all wrong, how can JT not see it?
I have said it for 2 years now, JT is out of his depth, the sooner we lose him the better
Go hard or go home

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:01 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:00 pm
Sabre wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:
I have said it for 2 years now, JT is out of his depth, the sooner we lose him the better
I get the feeling it might help us lock up the players we want to re-sign too.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:03 pm

willow wrote:
The kick for goal 40M out was very negative. Even though the goal was successful it told Penrith WT can't get past your defenders. That would have lifted Penrith and gave them the confidence to hit the accelerator.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:04 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:01 pm
851 wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:
We've got a tough draw coming up. Canberra, Melbourne, Sharks, Eels, Dogs, Cowboys and Broncos in the first half of the competition. If Taylor keeps this up he won't see round 10.

Post by 851 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:06 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:01 pm
851 wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:
The look on Teddy's face today has me worried, JT has had his chance, just punt him
Go hard or go home