851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:06 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:01 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:00 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm

Our use of the bench was a disaster. You could tell watching it that we were going about it all wrong, how can JT not see it?
I have said it for 2 years now, JT is out of his depth, the sooner we lose him the better
I get the feeling it might help us lock up the players we want to re-sign too.
The look on Teddy's face today has me worried, JT has had his chance, just punt him
I have said for a while now i dont think it will come down to money if big 4 stay but if they can see a premiership at the club in the future.In no way can i see Taylor doing that.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:56 pm

Canberra, Melbourne, Sharks, Eels, Dogs, Cowboys and Broncos...yep, we'll give them a serious training run...

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:00 pm

Terrible bench,you may get away with that selection with a night game but not a hot day game.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:02 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:47 pm
willow wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:41 pm
We sucked in all 3 grades, no two ways about it. FG was very disappointing after an arm wrestle for the first 20 minutes. We just seemed to lose all energy at after the first 20 and Penrith noticed it and lifted immediately. Defence, well that's going to be an ongoing concern, we don't handle the bigger, more mobile teams well. I'll be surprised if Canberra don't put 60 past us next week, it's that sort of game given they are 0-2 and at home. No better time than to play themselves into form and we won't handle their hard running forwards, mark my words.
Put Papali down for a hattrick now.
Boyd will probably get one too.
Papali is coming in to my SuperCoach Team on Tuesday.
I may as well get something from the game.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:12 pm

I said during the preseason our lack of depth will kill us and after two rounds nothing has changed. We are a bottom three team at best

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:16 pm

Swordy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:36 pm
I thought penrith were very very average. Premiership contenders they are not.

And that makes it harder to take. We wre considerably worse.
Very, very, average????
Jeez, I'd hate to see what the score was if they were just very average then, they would have broken some records.
I'm not saying that they were at their best, but they were on a different planet to us.
And they did it without their best attacking forward.
Maybe our defence being next to non existent, after 20 minutes, had something to do with the result .
Of course the Coach has no responsibility at all.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:20 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:06 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:01 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:00 pm
Sabre wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm

Our use of the bench was a disaster. You could tell watching it that we were going about it all wrong, how can JT not see it?
I have said it for 2 years now, JT is out of his depth, the sooner we lose him the better
I get the feeling it might help us lock up the players we want to re-sign too.
The look on Teddy's face today has me worried, JT has had his chance, just punt him
They got beat 36-2. How would you expect him to look?

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:23 pm

Is anyone else not the least pissed that we still don't have the right team culture.
I don't think anyone wants any of the big four to break up well maybe Brooks.
The fact that annoys me the most is the money they believe they are worth. Strong forward pack or not. The halves showed half their ability on the field in this game and do so every game. They may have the skills to play an all round game but it certainly didn't come out in this game and hasn't yet. The kids need more time but thinking they are superstars just yet, tedesco included, is what is really making our team suffer.
They should be giving the club 100k each back from their proposed deals so we can actually build a team to assist them. Scary thought is these are the starting halves you could buy on Brooks' salary: Cleary, taylor, Tyrone Roberts, Townsend, sezer, mcrone, reynolds, Hodkinson.
These are the 5/8s you could buy on moses salary: Kerry, widop, green, Morgan, martin, Austin, reynolds, gutterson, walker, elgey and Maloney.
Then you think of the fullbacks you could buy on Tedesco's salary: Moylan, RTS, Gordon, munster, wighton, Coote.
Anyone else think we need to think money ball with our roster next year?

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:38 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:16 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:36 pm
I thought penrith were very very average. Premiership contenders they are not.

And that makes it harder to take. We wre considerably worse.
Very, very, average????
Jeez, I'd hate to see what the score was if they were just very average then, they would have broken some records.
I'm not saying that they were at their best, but they were on a different planet to us.
And they did it without their best attacking forward.
Maybe our defence being next to non existent, after 20 minutes, had something to do with the result .
Of course the Coach has no responsibility at all.

Coach is ABSOLUTELY responsible and deserves the heat in my opinion.

Although last week many things were better and he deserved credit, although a few on here only do it one way and the credit train was very silent last week. Cant have it boths ways.

There was something else going on behind the scenes today, 100%. Dont have to be Einstein to work that out. But the coach should have them prepared better.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:47 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:23 pm
Anyone else think we need to think money ball with our roster next year?
We definitely need to do this. I think get Tedesco and then it's money ball with the rest of the squad including Woods.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:57 pm

Born tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:22 pm
Good day for the club

Holden Cup: Panthers - 34-4
ISP: Panthers - 52-12
NRL: Panthers - 36-2
This is the ultimate result that will determine Taylors fate in my eyes.
Wouldnt surprise me if it doesnt - but it should

He has a whole new defensive coaching crew....this is very bad signs so early in the season

I was admiring of Penriths attitude in defense today, you could hear them at the end, the pride in wanting to keep the line untouched, it was like they wanted to keep playing, didnt want full time to come, where we couldnt wait for the hooter to slink off with our tails between our legs

No pride...no commitment..no attitude

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:50 pm

willow wrote:
We sucked in all 3 grades, no two ways about it. FG was very disappointing after an arm wrestle for the first 20 minutes. We just seemed to lose all energy at after the first 20 and Penrith noticed it and lifted immediately. Defence, well that's going to be an ongoing concern, we don't handle the bigger, more mobile teams well. I'll be surprised if Canberra don't put 60 past us next week, it's that sort of game given they are 0-2 and at home. No better time than to play themselves into form and we won't handle their hard running forwards, mark my words.
My wife and daughters are Raiders supporters. And whilst I agree you are correct, I hope for my sanity that you are completely wrong.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:14 pm

willow wrote:
Yep, just like last year - they've put 60 on us before, and this one is shaping up to be one of those games..

Tiger4life

Post by Tiger4life » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:18 pm

This game could have easily played out so different. The tries we scored last week we bombed this week. The calls we got last week we didnt get this week (the forward pass). We could have easily been 10 or 12 up at halftime. Even if we go into half time at 6-2, we would have been right in it. Consistency is the thing we are lacking, still need a few more weeks before i make judgement on where we are really at.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:34 pm

Just a thoroughly depressing day out at C'town, watching all three teams get belted. It seems every time I allow myself to be slightly content with how things are going, the club throws things back in my face - Simona stuff and now all this.
Most concerning is that we looked terribly unfit out there today. Just out-run and overpowered, at least from about the 20 minute mark.
Going in with an undersized bench, with no proper props, didn't help at all.
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:57 pm
Born tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 6:22 pm
Good day for the club

Holden Cup: Panthers - 34-4
ISP: Panthers - 52-12
NRL: Panthers - 36-2
This is the ultimate result that will determine Taylors fate in my eyes.
Wouldnt surprise me if it doesnt - but it should

He has a whole new defensive coaching crew....this is very bad signs so early in the season

I was admiring of Penriths attitude in defense today, you could hear them at the end, the pride in wanting to keep the line untouched, it was like they wanted to keep playing, didnt want full time to come, where we couldnt wait for the hooter to slink off with our tails between our legs

No pride...no commitment..no attitude
Couldn't agree more. You look at some of the better defensive teams, and they love the challenge. We look like it's an unenviable chore at the best of times.
For all the talk of improved defence, we've conceded ten tries in two games - that is completely laughable.
Huge week for the club coming up.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:37 pm

The naming of the 21 man squad on Tuesday was the start of the problems. With Grant being out, unless we were going to hand Lolo a 1st grade debut, we were damming Ship creek and trying to push the flow back uphill. The bench was Edwards (average middle forward), Idris (apparently good for 12 mins per game), Littlejohn (WTF) and Aloiai. That was a ISC bench

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:38 pm

Get use to this as I have stated from the start this forward pack is owned basically on a weekly basis.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:22 pm

Personally I think the refs gave a lot of latitude in the ruck today and Penrith worked us right over. We got more penalties than them, but they just kept working, kept looking up at the ref for an indication to roll.

Tigers did not do this anywhere near as effectively or consistently. So our ruck speed was significantly slower than Penrith's.

Both teams attacked and repelled fairly energetically in the first 30, but Penrith gradually started to gain an advantage from their quicker PTBs and once they cracked that second try, the flood gates sort of opened.

It then becomes that small errors like McIlwrick getting dogged for a knock on when Wallace is in the ruck, Moses getting duded on a flat pass, the Suli dropped ball... these things count against you heavily when the game is on the edge of a knife and you want to tip the momentum in your favour.

One try becomes two, it's hot, you do a little more defending, the error count mounts, there are more missed tackles, they get more ball and more confidence etc.

I believe in the modern game there are small passages of games that hugely tip the match in one team's favour and often they don't recover. Sharks got it against Raiders on Saturday, Raiders really tested them for 30 mins as well but a few missed tackles, Sharkies score and find their rhythm, it becomes a shellacking.

Because you look in two rounds, Dragons won by and were defeated by 20, so were Tigers, so were Panthers, so were Souths. Huge swings of fortune.