2. Nofoaluma - 122 metres in attack, 8 tackles, 1 missed tackle

3. Naiqama - 102 metres in attack, 15 tackles, 3 missed tackles

4. Chee-Kam - 90 metres in attack, 14 tackles, 6 missed tackles

5. Suli - 97 metres in attack, 1 line break, 4 tackles, 1 missed tackle

6. Moses - 82 metres in attack, 17 tackles, 1 missed tackle

7. Brooks - 47 metres in attack, 8 tackles, 7 missed tackles

8. Woods (58 minutes) - 158 metres in attack, 26 tackles, 2 missed tackles

9. McIlwrick (44 minutes) - 40 metres in attack, 29 tackles, 3 missed tackles

10. Seumanufagai (48 minutes) - 95 metres in attack, 29 tackles, 4 missed tackles

11. Sue (80 minutes) - 97 metres in attack, 28 tackles, 2 missed tackles

12. Lawrence (66 minutes) - 70 metres in attack, 24 tackles, 3 missed tackles

13. Taylor (66 minutes) - 73 metres in attack, 42 tackles, 4 missed tackles

15. Aloiai (36 minutes) - 72 metres in attack, 18 tackles

16. Idris (36 minutes) - 78 metres in attack, 3 tackles, 1 missed tackle

17. Littlejohn (37 minutes) - 31 metres in attack, 25 tackles, 1 missed tackle

18. Edwards (23 minutes) - 38 metres in attack, 15 tackles, 1 missed tackle

Player for player (missed tackles and errors aside) we're pretty close with Penrith. Only Tamou and Merrin made more than 100 metres in attack in the forwards for example. Big difference is some of the team stats...

Completion rate: 63% - Not going to win a game with that (76% for Penrith)
42 missed tackles vs 27
20 offloads vs 10 - Our second phase was ineffective today though
9 penalties vs 4 - Again, we should have come away with more than 2 points
16 errors vs 10 - This hurt us

If we were going to be any chance we needed to complete at 75% or better. Penrith completed at 76% and got the bacon comfortably as we ran out of gas and had too many simple miss tackles.

Unless we get the completions up against the Raiders, we'll cop a flogging next week. Can't give big mobile teams that much ball and expect to get away with it.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:07 pm

Just wasn't our day

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:10 pm

The thing I hate about stats is the misleading story they tell.
Woods made 158 meters with 2 missed tackles. Wow sounds like a good effort given the side was flogged doesnt it?

...except, he was poor today. His runs were soft as butter, his play the balls were momentum killers and his ridiculous attitude of offloading in every tackle really doesnt help the cause...most are ineffective and go to a bloke who is not in a better position. As a result, most times he is tackled he is facing the wrong direction with zero leg drive. His numbers are good because he takes the easy runs after someone else has done the hard work. He also doesnt miss many tackles because he just doesnt attempt ones that he thinks he will miss. He got run past a few times today, as he does most weeks and didnt even stick an arm out.

You are a prop forward Aaron. Toughest position on the park. Run the ball hard for christ sakes and show some dominance in defence. When Penriths props did it they were making 80 meter sets.

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:12 pm

Well summarised Willow

I hope that JT can pick the right team for Canberra and we work on those key stats (completion rate and missed tackles) and if we get our confidence up like we did against Souths we may cause an upset against Canberra...
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

jirskyr
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:52 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:10 pm
The thing I hate about stats is the misleading story they tell.
Woods made 158 meters with 2 missed tackles. Wow sounds like a good effort given the side was flogged doesnt it?

...except, he was poor today. His runs were soft as butter, his play the balls were momentum killers and his ridiculous attitude of offloading in every tackle really doesnt help the cause...most are ineffective and go to a bloke who is not in a better position. As a result, most times he is tackled he is facing the wrong direction with zero leg drive. His numbers are good because he takes the easy runs after someone else has done the hard work. He also doesnt miss many tackles because he just doesnt attempt ones that he thinks he will miss. He got run past a few times today, as he does most weeks and didnt even stick an arm out.

You are a prop forward Aaron. Toughest position on the park. Run the ball hard for christ sakes and show some dominance in defence. When Penriths props did it they were making 80 meter sets.
Toughest position on the park, yet he also somehow took the easy runs.

How can you say a professional footballer, in the speed of NRL, chooses to avoid any tackles he's going to miss. That's one of the most ridiculous comments I've seen on here this year. It's like saying "he has a low error rate because he never tries to catch passes that are difficult".

Merrin and Tamou were fairly limited in their impact, Penrith beat us in the wrestle and they were punishing out wide.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:01 pm

Brooks 8 tackles, 7 misses.
Crickey.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:12 pm

Lol i knew it wouldnt be long before our resident "stats man" joined the conversation for a sook.
I pointed out why i dont respect him as a prop. Its nothing new, ive been saying it for years. He never does the dirty runs when we're on the back foot and he is easily beaten laterally. You disagree because his stats mask this fact. Which is exactly the point i raised.

BTW im not surprised you think Merrin has limited impact on a game. You judge a player by his stats, not the quality of his effort and work.

Regan

Unread post by Regan » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:31 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:12 pm
Lol i knew it wouldnt be long before our resident "stats man" joined the conversation for a sook.
I pointed out why i dont respect him as a prop. Its nothing new, ive been saying it for years. He never does the dirty runs when we're on the back foot and he is easily beaten laterally. You disagree because his stats mask this fact. Which is exactly the point i raised.

BTW im not surprised you think Merrin has limited impact on a game. You judge a player by his stats, not the quality of his effort and work.

Very good points about Woods some people should go back and watch the game against Canberra he let people just run past him

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:47 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:01 pm
Brooks 8 tackles, 7 misses.
Crickey.
Lol. He is a turnstile and make the players around him look bad also.
Time to go back to under 8s and learn the basics of tackling.

Mickeyboy
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Mickeyboy » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:58 pm

Unfortunately Woodsy is a stats man. Anyone know JWH's stats? Who would you rather play against..

Regan

Unread post by Regan » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:20 am

Stats only paint part of the picture Ava does a lot of dirty work Fulton did a lot of dirty work as well but Woods not so but get to the middle of the field and then he starts getting more involved maybe playing the big minutes he has to conserve his energy

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”