Post match press conference

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Post match press conference

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:58 pm

Tigrr wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
There was a lot the Tigers did wrong but I couldnt believe how the panthers were allowed to lie all over the tigers in a tackle, they were penalised a couple of times but not nearly enough,
Ahh , the old Referees fault , again. Probably right. They all hate us.
Seriously we win some and lose some. They had nothing to do with that result today , and most days

ryanda01
Has liked: 4 times

Unread post by ryanda01 » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:03 pm

The most dissapointing thing about this presser was the smugness of Molan in the Panthers one reclining in the Tigers chairs at his charasmatic best. Guys a douche and hope he does an ACL.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:08 pm

The look on Woods face was the thing that intrigued me not the waffle being spun by our coach.He was so disgusted.I have no idea what Woods said because fox didnt show it but he clearly was not impressed.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:11 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:08 pm
The look on Woods face was the thing that intrigued me not the waffle being spun by our coach.He was so disgusted.I have no idea what Woods said because fox didnt show it but he clearly was not impressed.
P

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:13 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:08 pm
Probably sick of busting his gut for no return.
He can't do all the tackling.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:14 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:55 pm
I cant blame the coach for what went on out there with Brooks and some others. The club needs to act if there is a drug culture affecting our playing group!
They seemed to have a great time last Mad Monday.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:21 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:14 pm
sheer64 wrote:
I cant blame the coach for what went on out there with Brooks and some others. The club needs to act if there is a drug culture affecting our playing group!
They seemed to have a great time last Mad Monday.
On todays lacklustre effort they can start to plan on their trip to Hawaii in September. Only a few players have the right to call themselves footballers. As soon as Woods/Ava were replaced we capitulated

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:25 pm

Lol we got smacked, how else is Woods supposed to be looking? Should he be making jokes and smiling?

Woods doesn't look happy in press conference after huge loss. Big news there.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:25 pm

Lol we got smacked, how else is Woods supposed to be looking? Should he be making jokes and smiling?

Woods doesn't look happy in press conference after huge loss. Big news there.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:25 pm

Swordy wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:49 pm
Im a JT supporter (generally) and as I said in another thread, he should have got them in the mood and didnt. He wears the fail in my opinion. 100%

But he did wear the credit last week. I gave him that credit. The haters didnt and only see it one way. It doesnt work one way.

Today he prepared them poorly and I will stand up and say that. Im man enough to do that and admit he wears the fail even though it goes against my general opinion of him. The presser was generally crap.
Seeing that I'm supposed to be a JT Hater, (even though I don't hate him or anyone, )
I would like to point out that I for one, did congratulate him last week after the Souths win.
But that doesn't change the fact that mostly (as today) we look like no one is coaching anyone at this club.
if we want to compete at a high level we need a Coach who is not in denial about his success or rather lack of it. And can show some improvement in the areas that he has spent so much time on,but has very little to show for it, such as defence. And how to select a team!!

We need someone who can do what he says, not just what he would like to do.
Excuses have run out as far as I'm concerned, All excuses.
We'l get a few wins this year, some good, some ordinary, but it will just be papering over the giant cracks in this team and Coach.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:30 pm

Bottom Line is JT came into the club vouching to improve the Tigers defensively.

Now maybe he does not have the right players do so however he made these bold statements and he might die by them.

lathami

Unread post by lathami » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi guys
Look the refs didn't cost us the game but there was a pivotal point in the first half. When Wallace was laying in the ruck right behind the play of the ball, as our number 9 got to pick the ball up he had to put on leg over Wallace then Wallace got up put him off balance. Which caused a knock on. Then the panthers scored, then scored another 2 try's. I heard the ref say to our 9 you were intentionally trying to get a penalty, what a load of crap so a player can lye in the ruck get in the way. And a crap ref is guessing on his intentions??? Please what a pile off.
My issue is with woodsys lack of leadership, not going to the ref asking for a reason for his actions, nothing!
But yet Moylans in the refs face over noffa running of the mark...

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:41 pm

I said this 2 weeks ago. What's changed this year from last?

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:07 pm

What's JT supposed to do, put his boot into the side? They wanted him to lash out at Brooks, they baited him on that. They wanted him to talk about Tim Sim.

He comes out and looks for positives in wins and losses. He's always been like that. It really riles some people up, I don't get it, some of those people also hate when footballers lose a game but smile and shake hands and have a laugh with opposition footballers they know.

Maybe the Christian boys shouldn't pray together either after games, maybe they should all go back to the sheds and Jason Taylor should invite the press in, and give them an absolute lashing, tear the dressing room door off its hinges, throw a few face slaps.

Not everybody is morbid, doom and gloom, not everyone is Robbie Farah thundercloud after a loss. Certainly, judge Jason Taylor by the results and performances, get annoyed about those and the tactics.

But seriously don't get annoyed about the "spin" or the angle or the select comments of the coach. Wayne Bennett has been lying and spinning truths for 30 years, you may as well rage against him too.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm

sheer64 wrote:

There isn't a drug culture in our team or club......

THERE IS A NO ABILITY TO PLAY FIRST GRADE NRL CULTURE by some overhyped,overated and overpriced potential,and they have some mates...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:19 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm
sheer64 wrote:

There isn't a drug culture in our team or club......

THERE IS A NO ABILITY TO PLAY FIRST GRADE NRL CULTURE by some overhyped,overated and overpriced potential,and they have some mates...
So Taylor is wrong in defending both halves in the press confrence...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:20 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:07 pm

But seriously don't get annoyed about the "spin" or the angle or the select comments of the coach. Wayne Bennett has been lying and spinning truths for 30 years, you may as well rage against him too.
Wayne gets results.

Im not really too fussed about the press conference.

However sooner or latter JT has to get results as a first grade coach.

People are going to doubt some of his press conferences due to a lack of results as a first grade coach.

He doesn't have the runs on the board yet.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:28 pm

lathami wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:50 pm
Hi guys
Look the refs didn't cost us the game but there was a pivotal point in the first half. When Wallace was laying in the ruck right behind the play of the ball, as our number 9 got to pick the ball up he had to put on leg over Wallace then Wallace got up put him off balance. Which caused a knock on. Then the panthers scored, then scored another 2 try's. I heard the ref say to our 9 you were intentionally trying to get a penalty, what a load of crap so a player can lye in the ruck get in the way. And a crap ref is guessing on his intentions??? Please what a pile off.
My issue is with woodsys lack of leadership, not going to the ref asking for a reason for his actions, nothing!
But yet Moylans in the refs face over noffa running of the mark...
Glad someone raised the issue of not speaking to the ref/s, as lack of it is a major problem with our team. The panthers were continually/systematically offside, as well as flopping, holding down and lying in the ruck. If Aaron is not going to question them, then hand the reins to one that will.

Had no problems with the presser, with failings admitted and problems discussed.

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”