Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Post match press conference

Unread post by Swordy » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:22 am

Eddie wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:20 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:07 pm

But seriously don't get annoyed about the "spin" or the angle or the select comments of the coach. Wayne Bennett has been lying and spinning truths for 30 years, you may as well rage against him too.
Wayne gets results.

Im not really too fussed about the press conference.

However sooner or latter JT has to get results as a first grade coach.

People are going to doubt some of his press conferences due to a lack of results as a first grade coach.

He doesn't have the runs on the board yet.
Ok Eddie. I do agree but using Wayne Bennett as comparison? The bloke is the biggest myth in the game. He has won 6 premierships or something, and should have won 20 with the money and players he has had. His stint at Newcastle was perfect Bennett. When the money ran out, he couldnt get out of there quick enough.

He anally raped the dragons for a premiership and look athem since. Laying in the gutter with stuff pouring out of every crevice.

At least base your argument with a decent coach. Someone who over achieves with what they have. Maybe a Brad Arthur or a Neil Henry. But wayne Bennett? Please.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 12:01 pm

The same Brad Arthur who has never taken a team to the finals compared to JT who has- the same Brad Arthur who despite having a team $1m over the cap still couldnt get them to the finals. Mate talk about overrated coaches Brad is on top at the moment

As for JT - Yesterday was a concern although i think the scoreline flattered the Pennies and the bounce of the ball def went their way - at least 3 times in the first 30 mins we would have scored last week and could have been up 18-2 and I'd say we would have won if we'd been up by that - Suli drop, Kick recoved by a lucky bounce to Edwards which we would have scored if it went anywhere else and the dodgy so called forward pass. You add the try that should have been a penalty tigers at the scrum before hand and its a whole different game.

JT admitted the interchange didnt work yesterday which is good to see him opwning up to his mistakes

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:02 pm

Tigrr wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:09 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:58 pm
Tigrr wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
There was a lot the Tigers did wrong but I couldnt believe how the panthers were allowed to lie all over the tigers in a tackle, they were penalised a couple of times but not nearly enough,
Ahh , the old Referees fault , again. Probably right. They all hate us.
Seriously we win some and lose some. They had nothing to do with that result today , and most days
You should actually watch the match again and stop the cliches :crazy
I did. Maybe you should watch Both sides

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by 4jtigers » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:29 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:15 am
4jtigers wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:59 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:30 am
So this is just new is it?
We are the same team that he said he was happy to work with when he started , despite his calls for patience, along with claims about our defence that are all BS. And all his excuse slogans
We could lose 10 in a row then win 1 or 2 and some would still be saying "don't sack the Coach we have two wins" isn't he doing well
you are a very harsh critic... he just got the team he wanted this year... judge him with what he has now not the past... it is only round 2
When he joined the club he said that he was happy to work with the team that we had.
Don't know about a harsh critic. The things that he said he'd fix are still there.
We suffered the most boring season with game after game of rubbish. Which was supposed to fix our defence.( if it didn't bore us to death).
If you were watching yesterday you would have seen what an improvement there has been.
boring season? so coming close to being in the top 8 is boring? yes, we lost the games that counted but I was excited to see the players improve from previous years... yesterday's game would hopefully be just a minor set back... here's hoping that they will do well in all the games we play in future... again it is only round 2... when he said he will fix it... it is happening... some of us are patient and some of us are not... just like the pantene Ad... it won't happen overnight but it will happen

I think you should give it a go at coaching them since you have all the answers.
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. – John Gall

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:13 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:29 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
4jtigers wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
We are the same team that he said he was happy to work with when he started , despite his calls for patience, along with claims about our defence that are all BS. And all his excuse slogans
We could lose 10 in a row then win 1 or 2 and some would still be saying "don't sack the Coach we have two wins" isn't he doing well
you are a very harsh critic... he just got the team he wanted this year... judge him with what he has now not the past... it is only round 2
When he joined the club he said that he was happy to work with the team that we had.
Don't know about a harsh critic. The things that he said he'd fix are still there.
We suffered the most boring season with game after game of rubbish. Which was supposed to fix our defence.( if it didn't bore us to death).
If you were watching yesterday you would have seen what an improvement there has been.
boring season? so coming close to being in the top 8 is boring? yes, we lost the games that counted but I was excited to see the players improve from previous years... yesterday's game would hopefully be just a minor set back... here's hoping that they will do well in all the games we play in future... again it is only round 2... when he said he will fix it... it is happening... some of us are patient and some of us are not... just like the pantene Ad... it won't happen overnight but it will happen

I think you should give it a go at coaching them since you have all the answers.
i was talking about the famous Taylorball season. The most sleep inducing season of them all for me.
So you say that he's fixing it and it is happening? You must be extremely patient and/or completely gullible If you think it's being fixed.
What was our defence last year in relation to the rest of the NRL. Isn't that what he said is our priority,
Yeah you are right, it's fixed :brick:
Weve won I game from our last 5 games, and that was sandwiched between two cricket scores.
If you are happy with the way we defend in most games , that's good. I'm not, and sick of hearing that we arenot that far off , we are miles away from the top sides
That's fact, not wishful thinking

Tigrr
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Tigrr » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:26 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:13 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:29 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
4jtigers wrote:

i was talking about the famous Taylorball season. The most sleep inducing season of them all for me.
So you say that he's fixing it and it is happening? You must be extremely patient and/or completely gullible If you think it's being fixed.
What was our defence last year in relation to the rest of the NRL. Isn't that what he said is our priority,
Yeah you are right, it's fixed :brick:
Weve won I game from our last 5 games, and that was sandwiched between two cricket scores.
If you are happy with the way we defend in most games , that's good. I'm not, and sick of hearing that we arenot that far off , we are miles away from the top sides
That's fact, not wishful thinking
Have to Agree

Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:15 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:47 am
851 wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
Tigerheart_returns wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm
Seriously, Jason? Is this the best you can dish up? Boy oh boy...
The JT fan club will buy the spin, as they have done for over 2 years now, but you can fool some of the people some of the time, and the blind loyalists all the time.
And you were bloody quiet last week - as usual when we win.
No I wasn't smartie, we beat a souths side with no Reynolds, and you seen what a difference Reynolds made on the weekend, plus Inglis went down after about 10 minutes, anyone getting excited over that win was far too easily pleased, like yourself Russell. :o
Go hard or go home

bp tiger
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:21 pm

I cant believe no one else has made comment on how bad we were, fitness wise, after 20 min we were gone and the panthers seems to get stronger. maybe our of season was not as hard as it should have been.

Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:38 pm

4jtigers wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
I was at Pepper stadium in rd24 last year, we played Penrith and were trying to get in to the 8, we got lapped 40-10, people blamed the Farah saga, 2 weeks later we got lapped 52-10 in front of a home crowd when a win would have got us in the 8.
Well it has been over 6 months since Penrith lapped us, no Farah saga and JT in control with plenty of time to prepare, and we got lapped again by 36-2, we have not improved from the disastrous end to 2016 and JT can no longer blame the Farah saga.
Go hard or go home

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:39 pm

JT isnt blaming Farah

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:09 pm

It's more the inconsistency that's so baffling. We had some great games last year, and beat some top teams, some well. But on the other side we have those blow out games where the opposition can put a big score on us.. Most teams have that happen at some stage in the season but for us it happens way too often and that's concerning.. Was hoping that had stopped, going into this season but 2 games in and it's happened again. As someone else said hopefully that's the last of it and it's upwards from here..

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:39 pm
JT isnt blaming Farah
Nor has he, ever.

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:42 pm

The Tigers are a very frustrating team to support. I think the game would have been very different had we taken our opportunities early on. Once things didn't go our way the players dropped their and let in some easy tries. We need to learn to get in the arm wrestle and not let 1 or 2 tries turn into 5 or 6. This happens so often and hurts us when we are looking at our for and against. We don't have a winning culture and the players we bring in to our squad aren't from teams with winning cultures. I can't see one player in our squad that has played consistent first grade in a team that has won more than they lost. Yet we somehow pay these players as if they were champions.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:40 pm

Tigrr wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:18 am
formerguest wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 11:28 pm
lathami wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:50 pm
Hi guys
Look the refs didn't cost us the game but there was a pivotal point in the first half. When Wallace was laying in the ruck right behind the play of the ball, as our number 9 got to pick the ball up he had to put on leg over Wallace then Wallace got up put him off balance. Which caused a knock on. Then the panthers scored, then scored another 2 try's. I heard the ref say to our 9 you were intentionally trying to get a penalty, what a load of crap so a player can lye in the ruck get in the way. And a crap ref is guessing on his intentions??? Please what a pile off.
My issue is with woodsys lack of leadership, not going to the ref asking for a reason for his actions, nothing!
But yet Moylans in the refs face over noffa running of the mark...
Glad someone raised the issue of not speaking to the ref/s, as lack of it is a major problem with our team. The panthers were continually/systematically offside, as well as flopping, holding down and lying in the ruck. If Aaron is not going to question them, then hand the reins to one that will.

Had no problems with the presser, with failings admitted and problems discussed.

The above is absolutely correct. The Panthers illegal tactics worked perfectly and the Tigers could not respond in any way effectively. They should have bustled back but most of them dont have the mental attitude or energy to do it.
It was our home game , we could quite easily used the same tactics

We got done 36-2 , wasn't even close to be honest

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:53 pm

Only issue I have was replacing Grant with Edwards. Surely Felise was a better option or even moving Sue to Prop and promoting Aloiai. Edwards offers no go forward

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:20 pm

Sco77y wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:09 pm
It's more the inconsistency that's so baffling. We had some great games last year, and beat some top teams, some well. But on the other side we have those blow out games where the opposition can put a big score on us.. Most teams have that happen at some stage in the season but for us it happens way too often and that's concerning.. Was hoping that had stopped, going into this season but 2 games in and it's happened again. As someone else said hopefully that's the last of it and it's upwards from here..
At the end of the day it comes down to attitude and unfortunately the culture at this club. Players heads went down after the second try and it was all down hill from there. We have no forwards leader with a bit of ticker that can rev up the team when required.
The last try before h/t was embarrassing, it happens way to often. I don't mind us losing if we go down fighting, but when a few players throw the towel that's when I get annoyed.
Somebodies head could be on the chopping block if a repeat of rd 2 happens in Canberra. All I know is it won't matter whether we play rocks or diamonds on the weekend Canberra are going to win this one.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Tue 14 Mar, 2017 10:10 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:20 pm
Sco77y wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:09 pm
At the end of the day it comes down to attitude and unfortunately the culture at this club. Players heads went down after the second try and it was all down hill from there. We have no forwards leader with a bit of ticker that can rev up the team when required.
The last try before h/t was embarrassing, it happens way to often. I don't mind us losing if we go down fighting, but when a few players throw the towel that's when I get annoyed.
Somebodies head could be on the chopping block if a repeat of rd 2 happens in Canberra. All I know is it won't matter whether we play rocks or diamonds on the weekend Canberra are going to win this one.
Hopefully it's diamonds then, so we don't lose by a huge amount. Have a feeling it will be, but yes either way I can't see us winning this one.

Return to “Round 2: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”