Let the nightmare start again..

Masterton

Re: Let the nightmare start again..

Post by Masterton » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:24 pm

supercoach wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 2:23 pm
Our 6 and 7 both had average games but there cause was not helped by the ref. Sitting high up in the grandstand it was obvious the Pennys decide to limit the time our playmaker had to do their stuff and I would say they were offside every set. Okay they conceded a few penalties,but the majority of the time they got away with it.
It was pretty obvious from where we sitting also. The ref was very reluctant to penalise, basically only if they were offside three tackles running and the crowd was baying for blood.

That's not a "we was robbed" shot. Penrith rolled the dice and it paid off.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:28 pm

Masterton wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:24 pm
supercoach wrote:
Our 6 and 7 both had average games but there cause was not helped by the ref. Sitting high up in the grandstand it was obvious the Pennys decide to limit the time our playmaker had to do their stuff and I would say they were offside every set. Okay they conceded a few penalties,but the majority of the time they got away with it.
It was pretty obvious from where we sitting also. The ref was very reluctant to penalise, basically only if they were offside three tackles running and the crowd was baying for blood.

I don't have Foxtel anymore but were they not introducing a 10 metre line to the coverage. If so I would have thought it would have been news today that the panthers got away with being inside the 10

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:36 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:30 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:24 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 2:48 pm
supercoach wrote:

Our mob will never win a arm wrestle against any team, they beat teams through their attack and from where I was sitting they had no chance yesterday. People will say you can not blame the ref when you get smashed by 34 points but I disagree, you have to expect to be given a fair chance. The funny thing everyone loves our attacking style yet the NRL will do nothing about the ref on Sunday.

I suppose Griffin needs a pat on the back for comping up with a effective game plan even if it was not in the spirit of the game
Couldnt see the off-side in PTB that easily on the TV feed, but they were up very quick. Going into the sheds at halftime, I wasnt worried and actually felt we could come out in the 2nd half and win the game.

I put it down to the Panfers getting alot of luck and we couldnt buy any. Frustratingly, the same pattern evolved in the 2nd half and our luck was shot. We couldnt build momentum, we couldnt hold the ball, we couldnt get back-to-back sets. Teddy was dangerous as usual, but he seemed to get the ball at the wrong time each set. I think Luke & Mitchell have to wear some of that blame, and they need to be prepared to settle a few sets before building something.

Our test is next Sunday. Come out and compete for 80min, and I'll be happy with a win or loss.
Do anyone of us think this forward pack can in anyway compete with The Raiders ...our pack is owned most weeks by lesser packs than the raiders,and as far as competing for 80 minutes well that is pie in the sky stuff.
If the Wests Tigers want to get in a battle and compete like for like with the Raiders, its going to be a long afternoon... The key to beating any big forward pack hasnt really changed in 20 years. We must move them around and play an expansive attacking game. No doubt we must man up in defense and shut down there middle, but they are beatable!
I am actually hoping for a very hot day so we can wear their forwards out with intelligent use of the ball and moving them around with expansive plays.that should be our game plan it dosent mean we will win but it will give us our best chance,the raiders are very beatable if you play smart.Under no circumstances should we trying to play them at their own game.We have to play to our strengths to negate theirs.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:01 pm

Masterton wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:24 pm
supercoach wrote:

It wasn't just the offside but the Peni forwards laid around the ruck as well and this slowed down the ptb which worked so effectively for us against Souths. But Brooks and Moses needed to control the game and make better decisions while we had possession and field position in the first 30 minutes. That's why they're on the big bucks - take the opportunities when they arise. A pity because they both played well last week.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:03 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:36 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:30 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 3:24 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 2:48 pm

Couldnt see the off-side in PTB that easily on the TV feed, but they were up very quick. Going into the sheds at halftime, I wasnt worried and actually felt we could come out in the 2nd half and win the game.

I put it down to the Panfers getting alot of luck and we couldnt buy any. Frustratingly, the same pattern evolved in the 2nd half and our luck was shot. We couldnt build momentum, we couldnt hold the ball, we couldnt get back-to-back sets. Teddy was dangerous as usual, but he seemed to get the ball at the wrong time each set. I think Luke & Mitchell have to wear some of that blame, and they need to be prepared to settle a few sets before building something.

Our test is next Sunday. Come out and compete for 80min, and I'll be happy with a win or loss.
Do anyone of us think this forward pack can in anyway compete with The Raiders ...our pack is owned most weeks by lesser packs than the raiders,and as far as competing for 80 minutes well that is pie in the sky stuff.
If the Wests Tigers want to get in a battle and compete like for like with the Raiders, its going to be a long afternoon... The key to beating any big forward pack hasnt really changed in 20 years. We must move them around and play an expansive attacking game. No doubt we must man up in defense and shut down there middle, but they are beatable!
I am actually hoping for a very hot day so we can wear their forwards out with intelligent use of the ball and moving them around with expansive plays.that should be our game plan it dosent mean we will win but it will give us our best chance,the raiders are very beatable if you play smart.Under no circumstances should we trying to play them at their own game.We have to play to our strengths to negate theirs.
We have to keep possession, if stuck in our half we kick long and chase well. If in theirs we need repeat sets. We need to make them tackle so our completion rate has to be good. Lots of ball movement. No 7 tackle sets.

I didn't mind our boys getting tackled on the sixth because we didn't give a 7 set. also the panthers hit quick when we kicked bad or dropped the ball there were holes in our line everywhere.

One thing that stuck out in yesterday's game was the amount of talk in the panthers defence, i don't recall hearing our team being so verbal in the last year couple of years.