GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:22 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:17 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:13 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:12 am

I think you're clutching at straws a little bit there pal.
I don't think so. Saying our season is over after one loss is clutching.
Oh you're clutching at straws big time. You're blaming the weather for our loss and it's laughable. Also, I can't remember writing that our season was over but maybe I did and forgot about it - the heat is really affecting my memory.
Not blaming the weather solely, but it was a factor. The bench was poorly selected for the conditions. How are we supposed to go with the opposition at the best of times with a centre and hooker on the bench let alone when its 35 degrees?
Bugger Me, I could have sworn that both teams were out there at the same time in the same heat.
I didn't notice the Panthers end being under a shade sail.
Take a reality break and admit that we were just crud, and we were crud right through all grades.
Of course the bench was poorly selected, so what???
Taylor is known for his stupid selections , both in the team and on the bench,
Talk about straws.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:24 am

Wish we had run out with board shorts,umbrellas and drinking Pina Coladas like Penrith did

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:57 am

No excuses at 36-2

Maybe if it was close.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:04 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:25 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:22 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:17 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:13 am

I don't think so. Saying our season is over after one loss is clutching.
Oh you're clutching at straws big time. You're blaming the weather for our loss and it's laughable. Also, I can't remember writing that our season was over but maybe I did and forgot about it - the heat is really affecting my memory.
Not blaming the weather solely, but it was a factor. The bench was poorly selected for the conditions. How are we supposed to go with the opposition at the best of times with a centre and hooker on the bench let alone when its 35 degrees?
So you agree that Taylor was foolish selecting the bench that he did?
The game was lost as soon as the bench selected was decided. Penrith must have been laughing at the ineptness shown by the Wests Tigers' master minds.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 11:21 am

Maybe the heat did have the final say, but only after we let it. From where i was sitting at the ground (in the shade :D ) there was no doubt we were gassed after 20 mins. The next 10 we hung on and the following 10 we collapsed in a screaming heap.
The kicking game of both Moses and Brooks was atrocious. The exact opposite of what is required when you are up against it. I sometimes wonder whether these guys have ever heard of kicking deep into the corner and trying to build some pressure, or getting some repeat sets and trying to gas the opposition. Who cares if you have half a dozen repeat sets on the line and it takes until the seventh set to score. Repeat sets like that bring more reward later in the game.
And that is where the heat got us, through our own stupidity, knowing we were running a bench not conducive to the conditions, yet failing to play accordingly.
One worrying early sign for me was in the first set of six in the game when Cleary found touch, was how slow and how much puffing our boys (in particular MCK) were doing already to go to that scrum.

Penrith were far quicker around the play the balls keeping us on the back foot. Anyone that thinks they wont be up there contesting this competition is kidding themselves. Cartwright played bugger all, DWZ and Hiku were both out Mansour is on track for June or July and l haven't heard the latest on Mckendry but last i did hear he was still hope of playing this year. They have plenty of depth.

tigger2010

Post by tigger2010 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 12:24 pm

Tigers struggle and will continue to struggle against teams like Penrith,dogs,raiders and roosters as they are far bigger packs then ours.Yesterday in the fwds it was Woods,Ava,Aloiai and Edwards vs Tamou,Campbell-Gillard,Fisher-Harris,and Latu.Forget about brooks and moses,teddy,idris etc they will always struggle when you are getting smoked up front.Jesse Sue should of been put back into the fwds yesterday and from now on until Felise or somebody comes in to improve our pack.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:09 pm

Tigertigertiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:24 am
Wish we had run out with board shorts,umbrellas and drinking Pina Coladas like Penrith did
Lol.