We will lose by 50

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: We will lose by 50

Unread post by tsjonathan » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:04 pm

So, who is going to be as silly as I was last year and waste hundreds of dollars on tickets, hotel, petrol money to see your team get beaten by 50?


tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:57 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:04 pm
So, who is going to be as silly as I was last year and waste hundreds of dollars on tickets, hotel, petrol money to see your team get beaten by 50?
I went to that game last year as I don't mind the outing to Canberra to watch our team play....we got flogged and that was the longest drive home ever....

I was planning to go again BEFORE yesterdays game, given the result plus Canberra got flogged I can only see a repeat of last years score.....so it's Foxtel for mine.

andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by andrew 474 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:26 pm

I can only see it going bad this week as I don't think we are mental tuff , and to be honest I think 30 to 40 point loss is not out of the question and then another loss a week later to the Storm , and if the Dragons bounce us we will be 1 from 5 , not a good start for team or coach and if this is where we are I think the coach will be in trouble , we can't afford to leave our run to just scrape in or miss out on the 8 by 1 point , we need to compete

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3265
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:30 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:07 pm
IF what JT said in the presser has any bearing on the game next week,then we should scrape in a win,BUT really BROOKS and MOSES have to take control of the game and prove they can pressure a team with their kicking game and hopefully improved defense..not only should this be JTs last year for poor results,the poor players must be put on notice as well..in my opinion we don't have great spine,only a great fullback and rep prop,the others have proved nothing and should start earning their salaries...
Think you are part right TT.

For Moses and Brooks to stand up and Teddy to weave some magic -
THE FORWARDS MUST STAND UP TO A MAN.

If they don't it is no point blaming the backs.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36253
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:31 pm

When I was watching this corresponding game last season I thought I was hallucinating I was that crook

This year Tim Simona's coming to watch the game with me so at least I KNOW I'll be hallucinating while watching the game


User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:47 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:04 pm
I like how when we play a team coming off a 50 point hiding it's all doom and gloom because we know they will fire up. Yet when we get smacked, it's only going to get worse.
NO I expect the team to improve a lot next week, and that will just get the JT believers going again.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18797
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:47 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:04 pm
I like how when we play a team coming off a 50 point hiding it's all doom and gloom because we know they will fire up. Yet when we get smacked, it's only going to get worse.
NO I expect the team to improve a lot next week, and that will just get the JT believers going again.
Always good to see you after a loss mate.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:51 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 7:47 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 12 Mar, 2017 9:04 pm
I like how when we play a team coming off a 50 point hiding it's all doom and gloom because we know they will fire up. Yet when we get smacked, it's only going to get worse.
NO I expect the team to improve a lot next week, and that will just get the JT believers going again.
Always good to see you after a loss mate.
I was there last week, but carry on as you do.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30422
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 8:01 pm

I'll be surprised if we lose by less than 30. I expect Canberra to rack up a cricket score against us, and that's not being pessimistic, that's based on the last 2 times we have played them and effectively been knocked out of the contest after 5 minutes. I just can't see us stopping them in the forwards and they have plenty of speed and size out wide which will take full advantage of our poor defence.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6434
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 8:01 pm
I'll be surprised if we lose by less than 30. I expect Canberra to rack up a cricket score against us, and that's not being pessimistic, that's based on the last 2 times we have played them and effectively been knocked out of the contest after 5 minutes. I just can't see us stopping them in the forwards and they have plenty of speed and size out wide which will take full advantage of our poor defence
The bottom line we do not have the cattle to stop even a out of form Raiders side. We can match it with teams like Melbourne and the Cowboys when we are on our game, but the big physical sides will beat us every week and beat us well. Nothing will change till hey spend a lot of money beefing up the forwards and getting some size and power in the backs. If it was me in charge of the spending I would sign Teddy and maybe Woods and probably seriously think about using the 6 and 7 money on four or five NRL quality players

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36253
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 8:45 pm

We will get hammered or we will win

There will be no in between , 40 + point loss or a win

User avatar
Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Unread post by Flippedy » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:34 pm

I reckon Canberra will pummel us, we'll go close to beating the Storm (as we often do) and then we'll knock Saints off :)
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:40 pm

We will bounce back and win with Sue in the middle again.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:59 pm

Im expecting a bounce back from us and will be cranky with a flogging but everything points to a Raiders win...i just cant see how we can even ambush them.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25329
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 221 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:07 pm

Anything could happen with us but I think we'll be pushing it uphill with a pointy stick in canberra

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30422
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:22 pm

stryker wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:59 pm
Im expecting a bounce back from us and will be cranky with a flogging but everything points to a Raiders win...i just cant see how we can even ambush them.
Canberra's forward pack will tear holes through us like a kleenex at a snot party. We're going to get absolutely mollered Stryker.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36253
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:28 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:22 pm
stryker wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:59 pm
Im expecting a bounce back from us and will be cranky with a flogging but everything points to a Raiders win...i just cant see how we can even ambush them.
Canberra's forward pack will tear holes through us like a kleenex at a snot party. We're going to get absolutely mollered Stryker.
Mollered ?? :shock:

Is that WA Talk ??

User avatar
Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Unread post by Flippedy » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:28 pm
willow wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:22 pm
stryker wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:59 pm
Im expecting a bounce back from us and will be cranky with a flogging but everything points to a Raiders win...i just cant see how we can even ambush them.
Canberra's forward pack will tear holes through us like a kleenex at a snot party. We're going to get absolutely mollered Stryker.
Mollered ?? :shock:

Is that WA Talk ??

And snot party?? I don't think I've ever been to one of those!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Post Reply

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”