Lawrence: Media...

Geo.

Lawrence: Media...

Post by Geo. » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:38 pm

Lawrence: We need to control it better

Wed 15th March, 11:00AM
A A

Wests Tigers vice-captain Chris Lawrence says his team cost themselves a chance at a result on Sunday due to a failure to control the match in certain situations.

With three certain tries bombed inside the opening 20 minutes, Lawrence said not remaining composed and calm in the back-end of the first half allowed Penrith to gain an ascendency in the match — running in three tries in eight minutes — to take an 18-2 lead into half-time.

Looking back, the 28-year-old said had his team found the consistency that they did in Round 1 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Sunday's result could well have turned out differently.

"We were really disappointed with that performance given how we played in Round 1," he said.

"In hindsight, we didn't realise how much that game took out of us.

"All pre-season is getting ready for that first game, and we threw everything into it, but now it's about finding that consistency and that level that we can play in week in and week out.

"We were definitely flat going into the game and that showed.

"I though first 20-30 minutes were not too bad, but we just made too many errors and let Penrith into the back-end of that half. And given we'd already made so many errors, we completely gassed ourselves instead of controlling the game.

"Our completion in the second half was terrible.

"Penrith are a side that, when they get the momentum, they're very hard to stop."

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... d_to_.html
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:41 pm

Great interview...they hammered him about Simona ...he answered honestly rather than no comment...

Class Act..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:05 pm

Supposedly every other player asked said no comment

If this is the club telling the players not to answer ,I disagree , lets face the issues , get them in open and just get on with the footy

It will be far better for the players to rid their demons if they have any

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:38 pm

A A

Wests Tigers vice-captain Chris Lawrence says his team cost themselves a chance at a result on Sunday due to a failure to control the match in certain situations.

With three certain tries bombed inside the opening 20 minutes, Lawrence said not remaining composed and calm in the back-end of the first half allowed Penrith to gain an ascendency in the match — running in three tries in eight minutes — to take an 18-2 lead into half-time.

Looking back, the 28-year-old said had his team found the consistency that they did in Round 1 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Sunday's result could well have turned out differently.

"We were really disappointed with that performance given how we played in Round 1," he said.

"All pre-season is getting ready for that first game, and we threw everything into it, but now it's about finding that consistency and that level that we can play in week in and week out.

"I though first 20-30 minutes were not too bad, but we just made too many errors and let Penrith into the back-end of that half. And given we'd already made so many errors, we completely gassed ourselves instead of controlling the game.

"Penrith are a side that, when they get the momentum, they're very hard to stop."

I think he's pretty spot on and that's why I think we're a chance of turning it around this weekend and putting in a decent showing against the Raiders.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:59 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:09 pm
Geo. wrote:

A A

I think he's pretty spot on and that's why I think we're a chance of turning it around this weekend and putting in a decent showing against the Raiders.
That's real nice that you think that Nelson but I'd rather Lawrence spend any spare time he has on the tackling bags so we don't have a repetition of what occurred against the Panthers. :roll:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 8:23 pm

"We were definitely flat going into the game and that showed
That'll do me... They were flat?
Really?
That's weak imo

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:59 pm
Nelson wrote:
Geo. wrote:

A A

That's real nice that you think that Nelson but I'd rather Lawrence spend any spare time he has on the tackling bags so we don't have a repetition of what occurred against the Panthers. :roll:
Negativity and bitterness from you for a change, how refreshing...Don't worry I'm sure your mate Jack Wighton will score a couple on the weekend to cheer you up!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 9:05 pm

Would've, could've, should've....didn't.

Flat in round 2?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 9:33 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 8:23 pm

"We were definitely flat going into the game and that showed
That'll do me... They were flat?
Really?
That's weak imo
Well Ink if the weren't flat at the start of the game they were certainly flattened by the end of it

Have we scored yet ??

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 9:41 pm

I love Rowdy but he's one of the most cliche dependent players when interviewed. Not really much substance in anything he says.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:09 pm

Yeah flat is a cop out.. Made out like round 1 was a golden point grand final. Many more problems than that, and a worry if they're flat only 2 games into the season, long way to go..

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:18 pm

Flat is a cop out. They were overrun by a bigger more aggressive pack. The same old problems came to the surface again with a soft middle and an opposition team constantly rolling forward.
I do not think that this is a coaching problem, it is an attitude and commitment problem from some of our players.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:05 pm

If this is the club telling the players not to answer ,I disagree , lets face the issues , get them in open and just get on with the footy

Totally disagree. Tigers have made their comments this week and it's time to move on. To continue to offer information or comments about Tim Sim just prolongs the story, stirs it up a bit more and provides distraction for the side.

Michael Chammas already ran 4 (out of 5) Tigers-centric stories in his column today, we want to only be in the news for on-field performances right now, not all the other stuff.

As we saw with the whole Farah thing, excessive off-field coverage and speculation has real on-field impact.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:43 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Geo. wrote:

A A

Negativity and bitterness from you for a change, how refreshing...Don't worry I'm sure your mate Jack Wighton will score a couple on the weekend to cheer you up!
If we had any depth, a stint in NSW Cup may refresh Lawrence. To admit we were "flat" after 2 rounds is an excuse. We were belted by a bigger, harder and faster opponent. Interesting that you accept the spin without question. What does that make you?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:34 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:43 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Nelson wrote:

If we had any depth, a stint in NSW Cup may refresh Lawrence. To admit we were "flat" after 2 rounds is an excuse. We were belted by a bigger, harder and faster opponent. Interesting that you accept the spin without question. What does that make you?
A "bigger, harder, faster" opponent that was absolute rubbish the week before, just like Canberra was rubbish last week. It's early in the season. The team didn't turn up for the game and when a few things didn't go their way they were mentally weak and allowed Penrith to take the ascendancy which they never got back because they continued to be mentally weak and make stupid errors. That's what I took from what he said and what I took from the game. Hardly a pile of excuses.

I don't "accept" things without question, I just don't feel the need to take issue with everything anyone from the club I support ever says because I'm not so arrogant as to think I always know better than them...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:41 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:05 pm

Totally disagree. Tigers have made their comments this week and it's time to move on. To continue to offer information or comments about Tim Sim just prolongs the story, stirs it up a bit more and provides distraction for the side.

Michael Chammas already ran 4 (out of 5) Tigers-centric stories in his column today, we want to only be in the news for on-field performances right now, not all the other stuff.

As we saw with the whole Farah thing, excessive off-field coverage and speculation has real on-field impact.
Well the players are now admitting that they lost because of the Simona article according to Paul Kent

I don't think anyone bar Lawrence or Woods has spoken about it from the playing group (well not that I have read anyway )

Maybe you could enlighten us on other articles / interviews

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 5:54 am

Oh dear God happy

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 8:00 am

He maybe a club man but a second rower he is not.

I don't mean this as an insult but I don't think he gives us the return on our investment.

Sure he took a pay cut but I would hazard a guess that it is more than any other team would have paid him with the exception of Newcastle or the shares back then maybe.

To say we were flat and that the bunnies game took it out of us is a cop out. We probably won't get an easier game the the bunnies this year and there are a lot of big games ahead.

I thought Chris was going to be one of our club greats and I guess to an extent he is but the hip injury crueled the guy and he has made the best of his career post injury, but not the player he was. I might add I was always suspect of defence in the centres, he was the best pointer we ever had.