Lawrence: Media...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: Lawrence: Media...

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 8:00 am

I'm sure the Simona article caused Suli to drop the ball over the line. We capitalise on a few early opportunities and we might have been singing a different tune this week.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 8:38 am

We were flat because the other team flatten us!! They were bigger,faster,fitter and played with more direction and intensity....thats why they were flat and it will happen every time they play a team that plays the power game that has some ability

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 9:01 am

Sco77y wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:09 pm
Yeah flat is a cop out.. Made out like round 1 was a golden point grand final. Many more problems than that, and a worry if they're flat only 2 games into the season, long way to go..

It sounds like Round I was a hard fought , excruciatingly draining game, where was he???
It was a walk in the park, thanks to the brain explosion of the year from McGuire , to leave a half crippled Inglis to play out 3/4 of the game ,
Jeez what's going to happen when real pressure is applied ?

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 10:25 am

Yes to say the least that we were flat IS a cop out. Many factors were involved including the Simona thing, not scoring early on, getting owned in the forwards once the grind started and a ridiculous bench that we played with.
All issues could and should be overcome, but with us it seems like we just think its best to just bow our heads when things get tough. At 6-2 or 12-2 we were still in it. We haven't got a leader out there after woods goes off.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:15 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:41 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:05 pm
Supposedly every other player asked said no comment

If this is the club telling the players not to answer ,I disagree , lets face the issues , get them in open and just get on with the footy

It will be far better for the players to rid their demons if they have any
Totally disagree. Tigers have made their comments this week and it's time to move on. To continue to offer information or comments about Tim Sim just prolongs the story, stirs it up a bit more and provides distraction for the side.

Michael Chammas already ran 4 (out of 5) Tigers-centric stories in his column today, we want to only be in the news for on-field performances right now, not all the other stuff.

As we saw with the whole Farah thing, excessive off-field coverage and speculation has real on-field impact.
Well the players are now admitting that they lost because of the Simona article according to Paul Kent

I don't think anyone bar Lawrence or Woods has spoken about it from the playing group (well not that I have read anyway )

Maybe you could enlighten us on other articles / interviews
Moses went on record 04/Mar/17:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... uqs1u.html

Naiqama went on record 28/Feb/17:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 548a9d90d7

Pascoe and JT went on record from Saturday until Tuesday.

Robbie Farah offered his opinion yesterday:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... uygfd.html

But that's not the point anyway, the point is players and club should be distancing themselves from the story as much as possible.

happy tiger
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:15 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:41 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:05 pm
Supposedly every other player asked said no comment

If this is the club telling the players not to answer ,I disagree , lets face the issues , get them in open and just get on with the footy

It will be far better for the players to rid their demons if they have any
Totally disagree. Tigers have made their comments this week and it's time to move on. To continue to offer information or comments about Tim Sim just prolongs the story, stirs it up a bit more and provides distraction for the side.

Michael Chammas already ran 4 (out of 5) Tigers-centric stories in his column today, we want to only be in the news for on-field performances right now, not all the other stuff.

As we saw with the whole Farah thing, excessive off-field coverage and speculation has real on-field impact.
Well the players are now admitting that they lost because of the Simona article according to Paul Kent

I don't think anyone bar Lawrence or Woods has spoken about it from the playing group (well not that I have read anyway )

Maybe you could enlighten us on other articles / interviews
Moses went on record 04/Mar/17:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... uqs1u.html

Naiqama went on record 28/Feb/17:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 548a9d90d7

Pascoe and JT went on record from Saturday until Tuesday.

Robbie Farah offered his opinion yesterday:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... uygfd.html

But that's not the point anyway, the point is players and club should be distancing themselves from the story as much as possible.
This (apart from Robbie ) was pre the Sunday article in regards to multiple players at the MM boat trip taking cocaine

I think we need to distance ourselves as well from this , but the only way we can do this is with interviews like Rowdy's

A lot of players played like guilty souls on Sunday in my opinion .....

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm

I think we need to distance ourselves as well from this , but the only way we can do this is with interviews like Rowdy's
Do you and I have the same definition for "distance"?

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:42 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:37 pm
happy tiger wrote:

If 23 players from the squad answer no comment in regards to the Mad Monday accusations made by Simona we aren't distancing ourselves from the accusations are we , we just make it sound like we are closing ranks around our guilt

If the players like Rowdy say the haven't seen the allegations ever occur we ARE distancing ourselves from the allegations , are we not ??

We need to get on the front foot with this one , its not some media hype BS , it has come from a player who has been with the squad for 8-9 years spilling his guts

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 2:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 12:42 pm
jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

If 23 players from the squad answer no comment in regards to the Mad Monday accusations made by Simona we aren't distancing ourselves from the accusations are we , we just make it sound like we are closing ranks around our guilt

If the players like Rowdy say the haven't seen the allegations ever occur we ARE distancing ourselves from the allegations , are we not ??

We need to get on the front foot with this one , its not some media hype BS , it has come from a player who has been with the squad for 8-9 years spilling his guts
i agree with jirskyr: address it, move on.

they may or may not be true, but as for the player making these allegations, well he wouldn't be top of my list of reliable sources in either case.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 2:10 pm

turnstyle wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 2:04 pm
happy tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

they may or may not be true, but as for the player making these allegations, well he wouldn't be top of my list of reliable sources in either case.
Again agree ,Simona isn't the most reliable of sources , but in my opinion we are heading into one of the clubs most crucial recruitment /retention period's in it's short history

Mud sticks ,no matter who throws it

tigeress
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by tigeress » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 4:45 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:59 pm
Nelson wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:09 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:38 pm
Lawrence: We need to control it better

Wed 15th March, 11:00AM
A A

Wests Tigers vice-captain Chris Lawrence says his team cost themselves a chance at a result on Sunday due to a failure to control the match in certain situations.

With three certain tries bombed inside the opening 20 minutes, Lawrence said not remaining composed and calm in the back-end of the first half allowed Penrith to gain an ascendency in the match — running in three tries in eight minutes — to take an 18-2 lead into half-time.

Looking back, the 28-year-old said had his team found the consistency that they did in Round 1 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Sunday's result could well have turned out differently.

"We were really disappointed with that performance given how we played in Round 1," he said.

"In hindsight, we didn't realise how much that game took out of us.

"All pre-season is getting ready for that first game, and we threw everything into it, but now it's about finding that consistency and that level that we can play in week in and week out.

"We were definitely flat going into the game and that showed.

"I though first 20-30 minutes were not too bad, but we just made too many errors and let Penrith into the back-end of that half. And given we'd already made so many errors, we completely gassed ourselves instead of controlling the game.

"Our completion in the second half was terrible.

"Penrith are a side that, when they get the momentum, they're very hard to stop."

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... d_to_.html
I think he's pretty spot on and that's why I think we're a chance of turning it around this weekend and putting in a decent showing against the Raiders.
That's real nice that you think that Nelson but I'd rather Lawrence spend any spare time he has on the tackling bags so we don't have a repetition of what occurred against the Panthers. :roll:
I think they all need a LOT more time on the tackling bags :rant

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 8:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 2:10 pm
turnstyle wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 2:04 pm
happy tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Again agree ,Simona isn't the most reliable of sources , but in my opinion we are heading into one of the clubs most crucial recruitment /retention period's in it's short history

Mud sticks ,no matter who throws it
Definitely. I think that is exactly why they need to move on as soon as possible; another drawn out drama is really not what the club needs right now.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Fri 17 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm

Best way to get over all this is to pump Canberra on Sunday!

Return to “Round 3: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”