innsaneink

Re: We will win it

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Mar, 2017 9:32 pm

Top 4

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 1:01 am

TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 17 Mar, 2017 6:06 pm
It's not even about the win (as much as I'd love to see them do it).. I 'd just like them to have a solid dig and show some heart - to look like they have moved forward as a team and have some pride in their performance. I hate that they are just easy meat for any team, that wants to turn up on the day.

Look, in my view we just don't have the squad to beat the top 8 teams (includes the Raiders). But when we get hammered it's just horrible, painful and frustrating to watch. There is nothing worse - the only saving grace is that the game is on Sunday arvo and will only wreck the last bit of my weekend!!

Sounds pretty negative doesn't it - but I can't really see us winning this one especially if the Raiders improve on last week.
Yep you can accept pretty much any loss if your team gives it their all and busts a gut for 80 minutes, after that if you get beaten by a better team then so be it (especially considering we are running on the smell of an oily rag salary cap-wise this season). What gives me the irrits is when things don't go our way for 10 minutes or so and the boys just switch off and concede 3 tries in quick time. Then it almost always ends in an inept flogging.
Would be nice to get behind like the Titans did tonight, when the game looked a formality and they stuck it out and came away with a great win. Would love to see the stats on us coming back from say 12 points down and winning the game, I bet it isn't very many at all especially in games of consequence- not when we are out of contentionfor for finals or something when teams are at half-strength. IMO that is why so many WT supporters have pessimistic attitudes......when our team is up against it more st times it simply capitulates and the game is nowhere near a contest.
Hope our boys give it their all on Sunday, have a bloody good dig at the Raiders and if we get beat At least lose with honour. That is all a fan can ask for.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 12:07 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 18 Mar, 2017 1:01 am
What gives me the irrits is when things don't go our way for 10 minutes or so and the boys just switch off and concede 3 tries in quick time. Then it almost always ends in an inept flogging.
They didn't clock off, they subbed off the meat of the forward pack. Woods and Ava came off and were replaced with Idris (not a forward) and Edwards (barely a footballer). From the 30 minute mark we played with no props, count them, zero props. Someone left the work experience kid in charge of bench rotation and we tried to play a first grade NRL game with no front rowers.

That's how you concede 3 tries in 10 minutes.

matchball

Post by matchball » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 12:34 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Sat 18 Mar, 2017 12:07 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
What gives me the irrits is when things don't go our way for 10 minutes or so and the boys just switch off and concede 3 tries in quick time. Then it almost always ends in an inept flogging.
They didn't clock off, they subbed off the meat of the forward pack. Woods and Ava came off and were replaced with Idris (not a forward) and Edwards (barely a footballer). From the 30 minute mark we played with no props, count them, zero props. Someone left the work experience kid in charge of bench rotation and we tried to play a first grade NRL game with no front rowers.

Correct. Nobody was left to defend for our halves.
After their protection went off it all went to crap.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 1:13 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Sat 18 Mar, 2017 12:07 pm
Fade To Black wrote:

Sounds like a good cop out. So just because 2 exhausted props went off we suddenly turned to mush and our 13 players on the field lost the ability to tackle and the gumption to defend our line with a bit of ticker? That'll do me. It sums up the attitude in our club superbly.

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 11:22 pm

Canberra 160
Tigers 12

Rapana 5, Leiluia 5, Wighton 4, Hodgesen 3, Austin 2, Baptise 2,Paulo 2, Croker 2. Crocker 25/25 and 10 field goals.

Moses 6/6 penalties.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 11:57 pm

ryanda01 wrote:
Sat 18 Mar, 2017 11:22 pm
Canberra 160
Tigers 12

Rapana 5, Leiluia 5, Wighton 4, Hodgesen 3, Austin 2, Baptise 2,Paulo 2, Croker 2. Crocker 25/25 and 10 field goals.

Moses 6/6 penalties.
:lol: I actually added that up,,,you are correct..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:08 am

Yeh nah sorry I can't see how we manage a win tomorrow

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 3:16 am

willow wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 3:23 pm
If we beat the Raiders I'll swim from Perth to South Africa - That's how confident I am of a Raiders win.
yeah, there's times when you think 'we are up against it but it might motivate them to put in a good effort and somehow jag a win', this is definitely not one of those times, this is one of the times where it's like 'gee it looks like we might get flogged... well look at that, we actually got done by 50 instead of the 30 I was predicting'

Having said that I reckon we're in with a shot! :roll

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 4:49 am

I dont like Manly as a team but i would love to see the attitude that they usually have as a club here at WT and the pride they have in their jumper.As a club they seem to have a "winning" attitude most years, last night they where excellent.
I dont think Barrett is much of a coach(sound familiar) but as a team they certainly put in last night.I know it is highly unlikely but i hope our mob were watching and follow suit

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:44 am

I don't expect our mob to go out there and fill in 80 mins and then go and have a beer....
I do expect our mob to go out there and play the game for the full 80 minutes and put in an effort that shows us that they have a much better attitude,heart and the skills of first grade footballers to make us proud,even if we lose...it really is time for a majority of our team to step up and start to give us confidence to support a team that if beaten,goes down giving 100 percent effort in trying to win the game...we don't need show ponies we need NRL standard players...if their not,then they shouldn't be asking for money that they haven't got the ability to earn...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:23 am

I had a dream last night that that the tigers ran Canberra ragged and won by 28.

At the post match press conference it was announced that the big 4 had all re-signed for less than they were offered to allow the club to make quality signings and add depth.

The squad then rode their flying unicorns home sprinkling rainbow dust over fans as they passed.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:37 am

Harvey wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:23 am
I had a dream last night that that the tigers ran Canberra ragged and won by 28.

At the post match press conference it was announced that the big 4 had all re-signed for less than they were offered to allow the club to make quality signings and add depth.

The squad then rode their flying unicorns home sprinkling rainbow dust over fans as they passed.
Love ya like a brother Harv,but start drinking light beer mate ,the heavy stuff seems to cloud your mind... :roll
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:44 am

Harvey wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:23 am

I think you should acknowledge copyright to Russell on this scenario - his original was Laurie Nichols re-appearing to KO Russel Crowe.

But love youse all
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 12:32 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:44 am
I don't expect our mob to go out there and fill in 80 mins and then go and have a beer....
I do expect our mob to go out there and play the game for the full 80 minutes and put in an effort that shows us that they have a much better attitude,heart and the skills of first grade footballers to make us proud,even if we lose...it really is time for a majority of our team to step up and start to give us confidence to support a team that if beaten,goes down giving 100 percent effort in trying to win the game...we don't need show ponies we need NRL standard players...if their not,then they shouldn't be asking for money that they haven't got the ability to earn...
Hear, hear!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 3:04 pm

We are playing a desperate team now back at full strength at home who are top 4 material. Super human effort required. We don't have the pigs IMO. We'll need an incredible kicking game and run their big guys around all afternoon. We just have too many plodders. I really hope it's not 50 + again as my 3 brothers are all raiders fanatics and can't wait for a win
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

Regan

Post by Regan » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 12:20 am

After the two games last year against Canberra and Penrith last week I was so Shaw the boys would fight hard but not to be school boy stuff today and not the A Grade school boys the B Garde stuff so disappointed

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:16 am

willow wrote:
Thu 16 Mar, 2017 3:23 pm
If we beat the Raiders I'll swim from Perth to South Africa - That's how confident I am of a Raiders win.
Hope you got your floaties as your arms are going to be tired as hell!!!!

Ohhhh wait...