Moses Suli

User avatar
CocaCola
Member
Member
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Moses Suli

Post by CocaCola » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 2:09 pm

The lack of speed may be due to fatigue setting in. It will take a good 2-3 seasons to develop a tank to play full throttle at NRL level for his body size.
Apart from getting caught sliding in too much in defense, he's taking his opportunity well.
As already mentioned, pretty good with the hit ups, stronger carries that some of our forwards.
He will be a machine in a few years.


TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 2:26 pm

CocaCola wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 2:09 pm
The lack of speed may be due to fatigue setting in. It will take a good 2-3 seasons to develop a tank to play full throttle at NRL level for his body size.
Apart from getting caught sliding in too much in defense, he's taking his opportunity well.
As already mentioned, pretty good with the hit ups, stronger carries that some of our forwards.
He will be a machine in a few years.
All the young guys deserve a chance to show us their worth,however Suli has already been given 1.3 million for 3 years,he leaves his wing and opposition unmarked,they score a try...he is young and will take a couple of seasons to develop into nrl standard,we are developing him for what?so someone else may get him when we are bust or wooden spooners.. and I certainly hope he doesn't get a severe injury along the way....the point I'm making is we are investing in the young guy and he is not proven,Brooks and Moses ring a bell? look what we are going through because a couple of kids exceled in NYC,big deal.....the big arena is a different ball game,seasoned hardened players not kids your own age....

as a sidenote Nathan Cleary is young and has developed into a fine NRL playmaker,his game against us in the second round clearly showed that...Brooks and Moses will eat his dust...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2300
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 2:48 pm

Suli's positional play needs addressing ASAP he was at marker when Rapana scored his first try, you would wonder why he was still there after making a tackle. Canberra seen that and just spread he ball wide to where he should have been.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2043
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 3:00 pm

This one is a keeper. He was taking the dirty hit ups against a big side and didn't shy away. I am confident that baring a major injury he will be as good as many predict.

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 4:07 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 2:48 pm
Suli's positional play needs addressing ASAP he was at marker when Rapana scored his first try, you would wonder why he was still there after making a tackle. Canberra seen that and just spread he ball wide to where he should have been.
Problem wasn't that he was at marker it was that no one else noticed and spread across. Among many problems the 18 yr old winger who actually made the tackle prob isn't high on the list


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3340
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 4:09 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 2:48 pm
Suli's positional play needs addressing ASAP he was at marker when Rapana scored his first try, you would wonder why he was still there after making a tackle. Canberra seen that and just spread he ball wide to where he should have been.
No way he was going to get back after just making the tackle - if you watch the try you will see we adjusted and had 4 men marking 4 men .
Brooks left his man to come in and made the hole... as he often does.

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 5:08 pm

looking forward to seeing him play a game without giving up the ball on the first tackle.
at least he has got another game under the belt.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2246
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 5:26 pm

cktiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 4:09 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 2:48 pm
Suli's positional play needs addressing ASAP he was at marker when Rapana scored his first try, you would wonder why he was still there after making a tackle. Canberra seen that and just spread he ball wide to where he should have been.
No way he was going to get back after just making the tackle - if you watch the try you will see we adjusted and had 4 men marking 4 men .
Brooks left his man to come in and made the hole... as he often does.
Correct CK! Which is why we can't have both Moses and Brooks in our team, two defensive liabilities are not sustainable in the NRL. If we keep one of these players, the other half will need to be a good defender.
Ideally, an experienced winger playing outside Suli would allow him to play in the centres and develop quicker.

Post Reply