Decent gameplan, terrible execution

krayola

Decent gameplan, terrible execution

Post by krayola » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 5:25 pm

Despite the clear size disadvantage, we've found plenty of ways to open them up.

I don't think dropping the ball or not finishing sets off after every half break was part of the plan however. Our own worst enemies, once again.

I think Taylor's substitution pattern has been better too but the injuries to Lawrence and Sue have made that null and void.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 6:21 pm

So much dead wood across the park.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:02 pm

krayola wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 5:25 pm
Despite the clear size disadvantage, we've found plenty of ways to open them up.

I don't think dropping the ball or not finishing sets off after every half break was part of the plan however. Our own worst enemies, once again.

I think Taylor's substitution pattern has been better too but the injuries to Lawrence and Sue have made that null and void.
Amongst all the whinging on here after today's game, your post is the only one which I think somewhat captures what went on.

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:30 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:02 pm
krayola wrote:

Amongst all the whinging on here after today's game, your post is the only one which I think somewhat captures what went on.
Cheers mate
One of my sources is Pascoe

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:32 pm

I must have watched a different game.

We looked a rabble.

Game plan looks ok for the 25 minutes like last week -

What do they talk about at half time? Throwing the gameplay out ?

Canberra were off their game early, once they woke up they toyed with us. Was cruel.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:34 pm

krayola wrote:

Fair assessment...enough opportunities were created in that 1st 30min ...repeat sets clean breaks came to nothing...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:37 pm

Don't think it helped when our 6/7 just threw the ball around with no plan of attack, no marshalling the troops or creativity

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm

Our game plan was terrible.

We didn't look like scoring, we crabbed cross field and got into each others way. Our defensive structures were diobolical, the interchange was terrible.

The only real positive was our short kicking game but then to go backwards on the line drop out each time or not even have half a chance at points was disappointing.

At the 30min mark we had 67% possession yet we got walked over the second the Raiders had abit of ball.

Our tatics were far from positive today.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:44 pm

What's worse than our completion rate are the options in attack being taken by Brooks and Moses. 1 intercept try after 160 minutes of football. Not good enough.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:45 am

Is it possible to have a game plan and only score one try via an intercept.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:29 am

No use being able to open them up if you can't finish.

What is it with this side clocking off after 30 minutes? Golly Gosh!...
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:34 am

willow wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:44 pm
What's worse than our completion rate are the options in attack being taken by Brooks and Moses. 1 intercept try after 160 minutes of football. Not good enough.

Brooks couldn't have done much more than he did. He put Lawrence into a gap three or four metres from the try line and he dropped it. He also put Tedesco into the clear from a short inside pass from dummy half and Tedesco threw the ball forward. He put a great ball into the in goal area yet the Raiders were able to get into the field of play.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:39 am

Put Lawrence into a gap and he dropped it?

He sold hospital passes twice to Lawrence on the line. I'm sure that's what youre referring to. He took the wrong option with the short ball on both occasions and should have went out the back.

I actually thought Brooks wasnt too bad early, all things considering. He did take the ball to the line a few times. But he seems to decide the play before about what he intends to do and just does it, instead of reading the play and making the call as it happens.

Three guys on Lawrence as he is catching the ball is not the best option.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:23 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
krayola wrote:

Agree with both of you - at least some are thinking clearly.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:32 am

Swordy wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:39 am

He sold hospital passes twice to Lawrence on the line. I'm sure that's what youre referring to. He took the wrong option with the short ball on both occasions and should have went out the back.

I actually thought Brooks wasnt too bad early, all things considering. He did take the ball to the line a few times. But he seems to decide the play before about what he intends to do and just does it, instead of reading the play and making the call as it happens.

Two of the short passes to Lawrence were bullet passes at 100kmh - how he was meant to catch those is beyond belief.

Not the first game he has done the same thing.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:03 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:32 am
Swordy wrote:

Two of the short passes to Lawrence were bullet passes at 100kmh - how he was meant to catch those is beyond belief.

Cooper would have no trouble taking that pass off JT! Stop making excuses for Lawrence. The pass was on the chest and in the NRL you are expected to catch them.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:06 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:32 am
Swordy wrote:

This is, by far, the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard on this forum.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:06 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
krayola wrote:

Raiders were patchy at first , but we did a great job of running them into good form. They should be thanking us .
Seeing that we can only play for 25 minutes, we must be the most unfit team in the game.