Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:00 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:46 pm
hobbo2803 wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:42 pm

You'll find that Geo is Brooks's God Father :lol:

Fancy tipping the Raiders Geo .... Naughty corner for you !
Good to see you back too after a few losses...Brooks was far from our worst on the field today...
Get rid of him NOW ....What's Jeff Robson up to these Days ?
I think he was leading Parra to a win over the Titans...
Is he still playing ? thought he was finished :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:11 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:05 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:00 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:46 pm

Good to see you back too after a few losses...Brooks was far from our worst on the field today...
Get rid of him NOW ....What's Jeff Robson up to these Days ?
I think he was leading Parra to a win over the Titans...
Is he still playing ? thought he was finished :lol:
The Forever young Jeff Robson !
We could only dream of signing a player of his calibre .
He'd be a great foil for Moses too .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 12:11 am

Robson is off contract btw lol

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 12:46 pm

When I get home tonight I'm going to try and get caps from the replay and show just where Rowdy was getting the passes from Brooks. From my first-pass viewing they were 85% hospital passes.

Rowdy used to get a lot of ball from Benji and not drop so many because the pass selection was superior.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 1:04 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 12:46 pm
When I get home tonight I'm going to try and get caps from the replay and show just where Rowdy was getting the passes from Brooks. From my first-pass viewing they were 85% hospital passes.

Rowdy used to get a lot of ball from Benji and not drop so many because the pass selection was superior.

I can't fathom why they are still having him running these lines into the opposition?

You feel sorry for him, the balls he gets and then is expected to bust through a massive pack and make it over the line.

I wonder how much of this is coached and how much are the players alone deciding it's a brilliant idea?
Tigers for 2022!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 1:23 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 1:04 pm
jirskyr wrote:

I can't fathom why they are still having him running these lines into the opposition?

You feel sorry for him, the balls he gets and then is expected to bust through a massive pack and make it over the line.

I wonder how much of this is coached and how much are the players alone deciding it's a brilliant idea?
My opinion is his lines aren't so bad, he's always been a decent hole-runner Lawrence. Second rowers have to run holes somewhere in that channel.

The main issue is Brooks does not ask any questions of the attack and they prey on his runners. I'll put up the caps to show what I mean, but I was watching carefully after last week and Brooks takes one step forward before running sideways on pretty much every left-side play. He almost never straightens up.

As soon as you skip across field the defensive line advances on you and they molest your runners, because a sideways runner isn't concerning the defence at all. Esp Luke Brooks who doesn't really have a good running game, they just watch his runners.

So the reason Rowdy gets smashed is because he runs decent lines but Brooks telegraphs where the ball is going, the opposition just line the poor runner up.

It is my opinion that Lawrence should be rewarded for continuing to run what amount to suicide lines into the teeth of the defence, whilst Brooks throws him dodgy late balls at the hips. One thing I will say for Brooks is he doesn't have so much space to work with when his forwards are being dominated, but still his pass selection is very poor.

Compare to James Maloney against the Raiders, fair enough he had more space because his early-tackle backs and forwards were moving forward more effectively, but he takes it to the line and squares up before throwing passes. Maloney has a running game, the defence is aware of this, they respect his run and in that match they over-read his run, he kept opening up space for Wade Graham to pour into. Specifically Blake Austin, Maloney kept getting him interested and waiting for him to commit before putting Graham through on his outside. Brooks in comparison is running sideways.

Broses are all sideways running at the moment, and being little fellows, are very unlikely to bust a tackle, they only serve to cramp their outside runners.

matchball

Post by matchball » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm pretty sure Lawrence would qualify for a disability pension considering his lost mobility through injury.
Sack him and lead him down to the nearest centrelink.

tigger2010

Post by tigger2010 » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:14 pm

I was thinking ask him to retire and offer him a role within the club,that way at least the team can use the cap money .

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:38 pm

The highest paid player at the club but isn't accountable to anyone.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:40 pm

Rowdys best asset was his speed, that's gone and that's why we are in a mess, too many small forwards who lack punch.

We need to buy big mungrels in our forward pack

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:52 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 1:04 pm
jirskyr wrote:

OK here are the 3 Brooks passes to Lawrence yesterday, before Lawrence was taken off concussed 2nd half.
P1.jpg
P1.jpg (47.4 KiB) Viewed 333 times
P2.jpg
P2.jpg (34.85 KiB) Viewed 333 times
P3.jpg
P3.jpg (34.91 KiB) Viewed 333 times

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:54 pm

jirskyr wrote:

It's hard to drop a ball when it is 6ft above your head sailing 4 rows deep into the stands. Sorry I couldn't resist. I do love Benji. He was great to watch when on song.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:56 pm

P4.jpg
P4.jpg (39.58 KiB) Viewed 330 times
P1 is pure hospital, Canberra have two blokes just waiting for Lawrence plus the player tracking Brooks. You don't throw it in those situations.

P2 & P3 are two steps of another hospital, Brooks runs across and in-front of Lawrence, forces him to turn back inside (because MCK is already just outside Lawrence now), then turns the ball no-look back at Lawrence's knees. He maybe could have caught it but it was a fast pass without warning.

P4 is the only arguable one - Lawrence gets it well short of the defensive line. The only defence of Lawrence here is that Brooks has run at least 5 m across field to throw this pass, literally in a straight line sideways across the 10m line, so he's throwing a hard pass with his own lateral momentum across Lawrence. There's a little gap but Whitehead has it pretty well covered. If Brooks straightens maybe the pass comes off differently, but you can already see Bateman peeling off Brooks. If I'm a pro footballer, I never want to receive a pass from a bloke who has just run 5m sideways to give me the ball.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 6:09 am

Hang on Rowdy is a better second rower than just about every back rower in the comp according to the stats

We had this argument in the pre season

We should of signed him for life according to the stats , shouldn't we ??

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 8:16 am

Two of the shots show how great it would have been in those instances to use him to push the defence back the other way without passing to him so he's the dummy runner, and then go back to the outside
Tigers for 2022!

batboy

Post by batboy » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 8:35 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:52 pm
I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the kick off cos that was a mongrel of a ball to catch. Putting those passes down though on the attack were hard to forgive. Expect much more from a seasoned first grader than that.
You probably couldn't see it on the TV Gunners - But he ran (sprinted) 20m in from the sideline to try catch that ball.. One of the halves was standing about 5-10m in from where he dropped it.

That ball was never (ever) his....
Was similar to when he used to bolt out of the line to miss tackles by a million miles.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 8:50 am

A couple of those passes were iffy. I'm sure some other players would have held on to them. Who knows.

CL is a great clubman, has given everything for the club and puts in 100% every week but it looks as though it's catching up with him. I think personally he's playing too many minutes and Brooks poor game at the moment is stifling him further. I hope he can come back from it but I'm not so sure he can.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

batboy

Post by batboy » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 8:53 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 11:56 pm
P4.jpg
P1 is pure hospital, Canberra have two blokes just waiting for Lawrence plus the player tracking Brooks. You don't throw it in those situations.

P2 & P3 are two steps of another hospital, Brooks runs across and in-front of Lawrence, forces him to turn back inside (because MCK is already just outside Lawrence now), then turns the ball no-look back at Lawrence's knees. He maybe could have caught it but it was a fast pass without warning.

P4 is the only arguable one - Lawrence gets it well short of the defensive line. The only defence of Lawrence here is that Brooks has run at least 5 m across field to throw this pass, literally in a straight line sideways across the 10m line, so he's throwing a hard pass with his own lateral momentum across Lawrence. There's a little gap but Whitehead has it pretty well covered. If Brooks straightens maybe the pass comes off differently, but you can already see Bateman peeling off Brooks. If I'm a pro footballer, I never want to receive a pass from a bloke who has just run 5m sideways to give me the ball.
You'll find that Lawrence has 2 defenders waiting for him because he has one line - and one line only...
Outside in.