Just not a first grade squad

Nelson

Re: Just not a first grade squad

Post by Nelson » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:13 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:01 pm
Here's the depth chart I did anyway. I won't ramble like I was going to but what you see is that we have a huge unbalance. We have almost zero depth in the backs and a ton of untested forwards.

This would be a problem, if not for the fact that our actual starting forwards completely suck.

Fullback: James Tedesco, Justin Hunt, Jordan Rankin, Watson Heleta

Wing: David Nofoaluma, Moses Suli, Jordan Rankin, Justin Hunt, Ryland Jacobs

Centre: Kevin Naiqama, Michael Chee Kam, Jamal Idris, Watson Heleta, Ryland Jacobs

Halfback/five-eighth: Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks, Jack Littlejohn, Justin Hunt, Jordan Rankin

Front Row: Aaron Woods, Tim Grant, Ava Seumanufagai, Sauaso Sue, Joel Edwards, JJ Felise/Junior Tatola/Wes Lolo/Jordan Grant

Hooker: Matt McIlwrick, Matt Ballin, Jacob Liddle

Second Row: Chris Lawrence, Sauaso Sue, Josh Aloiai, Joel Edwards, Kyle Lovett, Michael Chee Kam, Jamal Idris, Matt Eisenhuth/Taniela Paseka/Esan Marsters/Bayley Sironen

Lock: Elijah Taylor, Joel Edwards, Tim Grant, Sauaso Sue

It's time to just give some of these dudes a crack. There is no way known that any of those backrowers are going to be doing worse than Lawrence, Edwards, Lovett et al. Those guys starting ahead of exciting talent like Paseka or Felise does my damn head in.
Just for the sake of having some new faces to watch it would be good to see something like:

1. Teddy
2. Nofo
3. Marsters
4. MCK
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. McIlwrick
10. Ava
11. Aloiai
12. Felise
13. ET

14. Grant
15. Tatola
16. Sue
17. Ballin

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm

I take it you guys haven't been to too many ISP games this year...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:16 pm
Of course not. I live in Brisbane. That being said I can see they're getting trashed and certainly am not considering any of the spine players. But young forwards from that side with talent getting a crack on the top grade bench isn't that silly.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:24 pm

and more from Buzz ...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6a60464327

SIXTY REASONS TAYLOR HAS TO GO

THE Wests Tigers have now lost six straight games. Up until Saturday night in Canberra, they were at least respectable losses. The performance against the Raiders was unacceptable and embarrassing.

Which brings us straight to under-siege coach Jason Taylor.

It is so obvious this team is going backwards under Taylor’s coaching that even chairperson Marina Go would understand he has to go.

It’s not like they were up against the Broncos or Cowboys in the 60-6 shellacking. It was the Canberra Raiders.

The halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses are either overrated or suffering from poor coaching.

Not that you can blame them for the fact the forwards are getting belted. Taylor has to go. This team needs new leadership and new direction.

One of the game’s best coaches Ivan Cleary is currently unemployed. He would be a fantastic signing. Highly regarded Todd Payten at the Cowboys is desperate for an opportunity at his old club.

Long-suffering fans have had enough.

------------------

keep throwing the darts , Buzz , you'll eventually hit the target
Last edited by vlad on Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:24 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm
Geo. wrote:
Of course not. I live in Brisbane. That being said I can see they're getting trashed and certainly am not considering any of the spine players. But young forwards from that side with talent getting a crack on the top grade bench isn't that silly.
Could they go worse than the NRL side... doubt it

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:25 pm

It's our spoon season we needed to have. Let's just embrace it and know it will create some drastic change.
No renewel of coach, no renewal for halves, Lawrence can retire.
Woods needs to have a shave and wake up.
Tedesco is the only glimmer of hope for the future.
Wasted money and time on these young halves and it's been a major failure.
We let Austin go for Brooks. We are dumb.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:26 pm

Geo. wrote:
No I've seen the scorelines and I don't necessarily expect any better out of these guys, but I do think they'd have a better attitude than some of the players we're trotting out in first grade. They might actually regard it as a privilege to play first grade and not an entitlement like some seem to. I want us to find the players in our extended squad who actually try to stand up when things are going against them, not just capitulate and expect someone else to do it all for them.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:28 pm

geez Buzz has been banging on about Todd Payten for years ...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nrl/op ... 9ff9b73dc8

SHOOSH

Which recently retired Wests Tigers player continues a behind-the-scenes push for Jason Taylor’s coaching job.

-----------

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:29 pm

vlad wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:24 pm
and more from Buzz ...

THE Wests Tigers have now lost six straight games. Up until Saturday night in Canberra, they were at least respectable losses. The performance against the Raiders was unacceptable and embarrassing.

It is so obvious this team is going backwards under Taylor’s coaching that even chairperson Marina Go would understand he has to go.

It’s not like they were up against the Broncos or Cowboys in the 60-6 shellacking. It was the Canberra Raiders.

The halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses are either overrated or suffering from poor coaching.

Not that you can blame them for the fact the forwards are getting belted. Taylor has to go. This team needs new leadership and new direction.

One of the game’s best coaches Ivan Cleary is currently unemployed. He would be a fantastic signing. Highly regarded Todd Payten at the Cowboys is desperate for an opportunity at his old club.

------------------

His hatred of women is so palpable. I doubt the flabby old boozehound has ever been laid...

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:31 pm

vlad wrote:
and more from Buzz ...

------------------

I appreciate that beetroot face thinks he's is on my side but I can't stand this guy.

I have no idea why anyone pays him for his opinions. He is as dumb as a bag of hammers. I listened to him talking to Paul Kent and Ben Ikin and it was like a couple of sons talking to their dad in a freakin' old folks home.

And what is with that condescending remark towards Marina Go? Is that sexism I am reading? The Canberra Raiders that finished ahead of both the Broncos and Cowboys last year, beat us by a million last year while we beat both the Broncos and Cowboys.

Tell your story walking Rothdork.

vlad

Post by vlad » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:47 pm

well Buzz does have form with deathriding JT & Go ...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... b7a216634d

GO, GO-ING, GO-NE

Jason Taylor and his one supporter at Wests Tigers, Marina Go, to be shown the door when changes are made to the board in late March. Balmain will get their two votes back if they find the $2 million to retain their share of the joint venture. If not, Wests will buy their shares and take complete control of the club. Let’s hope we’ve heard the last of Go’s bragging about “locked out” fans.

-----

yeah that was March 2016 that Buzz predicted their demise , lol .

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:49 pm

Vlad... the Buzz obsession is becoming disturbing mate...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:39 am

vlad wrote:
and more from Buzz ...

------------------

I know this was last year but I think it isn't far off the bulls eye this year.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:32 am

Buzz may have got his dates wrong but everything he said is on the money.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:53 am

stryker wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:32 am
Buzz may have got his dates wrong but everything he said is on the money.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:37 am

Our squad just isn't first grade and really too many chumps need a wake up call by being dropped or benched. Including Naiqama, Lovett, Sue, Lawrence, Littlejohn, Edwards. The halves too to an extent but we can't really afford to drop them, they're still better than our other options, even at half pace.

I'd like to see Felise given a shot at lock, ET to second row to tighten our defence out wide, though the two could alternate a bit. I really don't think he's a centre but still give Marsters a shot. I'd also chuck Siro in the back row too to replace Lawrence. Lawrence doesn't have the skills really to be a back rower, his hands are atrocious and his defence and attack so so. His attitude is good so he'd keep a bench spot.

Problem is we have a million props and no back rowers. We would be giving a lot of unproven kids a shot but they can't do worse than their more experienced counter-parts. The experienced players are highly inconsistent. The occasional very god performance isn't good enough to keep a first grade spot and the club can't accept such complacency.
Last edited by Balmain Boy on Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:40 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:29 pm
Too many reserve graders are making up the numbers ...if the story is correct about peyton ,then JT is on his last legs .but if we sign the big 4 we need others to make them a decent side .lovett got knocked backed every time he hit the defence ..Edwards ? .our centres ....
Lovett looked like a feather running into a steel wall. He has no power in his runs at all. Another example of Taylor's bench selections. Surely we have at least one forward in the reserves that can at least runwith some power and determination.
Lovett as a forward is a park footballer at best.and yet Taylor gives him a jumper.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:42 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 10:40 am
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:29 pm
Too many reserve graders are making up the numbers ...if the story is correct about peyton ,then JT is on his last legs .but if we sign the big 4 we need others to make them a decent side .lovett got knocked backed every time he hit the defence ..Edwards ? .our centres ....
Lovett looked like a feather running into a steel wall. He has no power in his runs at all. Another example of Taylor's bench selections. Surely we have at least one forward in the reserves that can at least runwith some power and determination.
Lovett as a forward is a park footballer at best.and yet Taylor gives him a jumper.
Maybe he lost his "motivation."
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...