Tigers show heart in defeat

bathursttiger

Re: Tigers show heart in defeat

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 3:48 am

Defiant wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:04 pm
Sure we had decent line speed early but that was easily the worst 40 minutes of footy I have ever seen from the Storm. 7 errors and five penalties from memory.

A decent team would have put 30+ on them that first half.
A lot of those mistakes were caused by the Tigers defence. Showing a bit of mongrel for once.l

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 5:49 am

Some people are harsh critics "the Storm played badly"..............yeah only because we put them off. Why we couldn't sustain that intensity for the entire game though, that's the problem.

And the lack of execution in attack is way off still, but an improvement on the diabolical last 2 weeks. Let's see if things can keep improving.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 6:08 am

In all three losses we have had the opposition on the rack and let them off the hook by taking a penalty goal.
It comes at a critical time in the game when the opposition are just hanging on. Taking the 2 just gives the opposition a boost and at the time deflates your own team.
Its either we are not fit or lack confidence or both.
Whilst it is the players decision on the goal it is the coach job to build up confidence and fitness.

kiwitiger

Post by kiwitiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 6:33 am

What a damning headline for our club. Tigers show heart in defeat. That should be the bare minimum for any professional outfit, but at wests tigers it's a positive, hey they showed heart this week!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 6:52 am

What the game highlighted to me is something that most of us all know.The roster is not capable of putting in sustained performances, playing for half a game or less will get us nowhere.
Thank god we can do a massive cleanout during the year most are off contract and we should only pick out the best of those.Mediocrity has to leave this club and we need a disciplinarian as coach.
Our conditioning so far this year has been z grade standard you really wonder how JT and the coaching staff let that happen.Bewildering

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:36 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 3:48 am
Defiant wrote:
Sure we had decent line speed early but that was easily the worst 40 minutes of footy I have ever seen from the Storm. 7 errors and five penalties from memory.

A lot of those mistakes were caused by the Tigers defence. Showing a bit of mongrel for once.l
It's funny isn't it bathurst when Wests Tigers play a team that make error it is because they are crap....6 of the Storm 7 errors where due to us getting up in their faces or hits from our guys forcing the error..but never mind...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:45 am

The boys tried hard in their defeat today , things just didn't go their way ...
Hope to see you all at training on Monday .

Reads like a snippet from the local rag ... Under 7's div 5 :lol:

Harden up you pansies !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:47 am

Showed signs of improvement.
Consistency wins games.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:56 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Defiant wrote:

Agree we were playing with a lot more mongrel and they were forced errors.

A decent team against a poor team would have put 30 on the board but this is the Storm we are talking about, arguably the best team in the NRL and we put 14 on them and we are in last place.

On the article it makes me cringe these are the kind of stories that are written for clubs destined for the spoon. the boys need to play like this every week. But I hope they wake up sore and exhausted but given their effort the best they have felt all year and build on it. We need a win and we need it now.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:35 am

Vastly improved effort.

A couple of defenseive lapses was the differences.....poor old Sue having a breather twice and gets caught both times. I tend to agree he is a prop.

And Moses had a shocker...murdered a couple opf tries by trying to cut p[layers out when a simple pass out the backline was all that was needed.And losing Brooks with 20 to go didnt help matters.

But at least the boys had a real dig....thats the minimum u want and we got it. Shame our exectuion let us down......it was stinking hot and both sides looked gassed at times.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:49 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm
We bustled Melbourne into error in the 1st 40...the speed of the line and contact was the best we have had this year they simply can't maintain it for 80...

The No-Try and Melbourne Try in the space of 2 mins was a huge turning point..
I agree Geo. I'm not writing up the Tigers' performance, it wasn't good enough and we won't trouble the finals with that play.

But Melbourne didn't just play badly, I wrote it in another thread, we forced them into mistakes. They dropped ball under heavy pressure and contact. The issue was and still is that we cannot maintain that football for more than about 30-40 mins.

We were better than last week but still too far off a complete 80 mins.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:24 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:36 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Defiant wrote:

It's funny isn't it bathurst when Wests Tigers play a team that make error it is because they are crap....6 of the Storm 7 errors where due to us getting up in their faces or hits from our guys forcing the error..but never mind...
I really think that too many people on this forum are so negative it's not funny.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:05 am

Effort was 8 mins longer that's all. After that it was the same old same old, dumb plays and defence. The 12 point turn-a-round at 39 mins mark really hurt.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:37 pm
Webster who are you trying to kid

We were gone mentally and physically when Brooks did his hammy

Heart , we can't be accused of that ,ever
We gone long before Brooks was injured, more like the 39th minute. That was the beginning of the end. 22 unanswered points from then on.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:35 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:33 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:08 pm
I think happy the sad thing is - that was showing heart from a Tigers point of view. We showed heart for 60 minutes which is good enough for us.

Some within our walls see that as a courageous performance.

The likes of Bellemy would see as a gutless display to give up a 14 point lead.
That wasn't showing heart , that was having a glut of possession and a 6-8 point breeze behind us

Melbourne couldn't play that bad again if they tried

Honestly unless we have a game where we win the possession 60-40 and the other side isn't a good defensive side with a powder puff pack we will be flat out winning 3 more games this season

And when you see our interim coach talking it up .... same ol same ol

None of us should accept this garbage anymore

Tell them if they can't manage 9 more wins in 2017 EVERY member tells them to stick it

Go And Pascoe told us they won't accept mediocrity anymore when sacking Taylor , lets tell Go and Pascoe we want them to be accountable for this club and the teams results
Usually agree with you Happy, almost all the time but think you have gone over the top...

They have just been thrashed (thrashed I say) in the previous two weeks, what were you expecting a TOTAL form reversal. They do not have the players - that is what everyone has been talking about for five years on here, suddenly we have a SOO team to beat one of the best, astute and ruthless teams in the comp.

We had a lot of possession in the first half sure, Melbourne played one of their worst ever halves sure, they were not allowed to play any better, the hits were hard, most of the dropped balls were because of the hits, we earned the penalties as well, we should have had another 6 the way they lay all over you in the play the ball. You play as well as the opposition lets you, we did not let them play any better. Yes, they did play with heart and gave it all they had in the first half, that Edwards incident was very unfortunate because he lost the ball and they scored an undeserved try. That I think was the turning point.

The second half they tried, but the big hits were not there, the penalties did not come and so the ruthless machine that is Melbourne gained the ascendancy and won the game. It was a 100% better effort than the two previous weeks, was it good enough, NO. Do we accept the performance, NO but I am not prepared to rubbish them.

What is Webster supposed to say - "we were horrible, 1 or 2 good players, the rest were pathetic, if we had better players most of these guys would be dropped next weeks. We probably will get thrashed next week - Oh! whoa is us - just a pathetic little football team, please NRL cut us from the comp to save further embarrassment."

Don't hang your dirty washing out in public I was always taught - Webster like JT do not do this. What they say behind closed doors who knows (hopefully they stick it up them) but you don't do it in the press conferences.

I look forward personally to further improvement this week.

Trisdar

Post by Trisdar » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 5:44 pm

Again still didn't score second half. The forwards are stuffed by 35. They need more help