The Problem is.....

TYGA

Re: The Problem is.....

Post by TYGA » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:42 pm

ryanda01 wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:20 pm
Just throwing it out there; and by no means is this a defend JT post, but could the inclusion of Lovett or half the weird bench usage be related to not wanting to appear on the offside of the RLPA? The clubs wellbeing and changes in this space are in part to ensure the ongoing betterment of players. Could putting Lovett in the rotation be an olive branch of sorts? Shows the club 'standing by their players' as opposed to to plodder dropping?
Lovett got dropped on every run like a toothpick he is very b grade against a powerful Raiders pack. Looked like an under 8s player.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:54 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 6:59 pm
The Problem with this club is not really the coach,it's paying way over the top money for unproven talent...Brooks and Moses aren't the answer for our NRL playmakers positions and they have proved that one can play without the other,but not both together,they simply cannot control a team around the park competently or consistently,they have way to many errors and are both turnstiles in defense,granted they both pull off a couple of tackles a game but that's it...As far as paying 1.3 mill for a rookie is beyond me,Suli left his opposition player unmarked and made fundamental errors,I don't know what they have seen in him,but I haven't seen much so far..it's about time the WTs stop being held to ransom by these overhyped players,Brooks and Moses can both go as far as I'm concerned,we let Austin go to keep potential,yet Austin is an NRL standard player and would have been good value for us,instead we keep the overhyped non producers...I'm completely over this lot and the sooner things turn around then the better,however if Brooks,Moses,Naigama,Lovett and others are still here at the end of this season,then that's it for me ...I can do far better with my time and small membership fee than follow some overated pre madonnas ...I may sound angry but really I'm so disappointed in this group of players that if they really had talent and applied themselves to the game they may have been greats of the game....as for Taylor,he at least tried when he played and yet tried to coach these wannabes to no avail,it may not be his coaching but the player rabble he has to work with...,
He is the one who kept picking some of these players, no matter how bad they played. He couldn't fulfil his promises made overband over about fixing our defensive problems. He constantly talked about being on the right road and defended his mistakes and failures as not being a problem
How many times does he have to tell us that the loss doesn't matter because we are getting there. ( God knows where "There" is supposed to be)
He's a big reason why we are where we are

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:01 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:33 pm
Why don't we sell Brooks, Lovett, Edwards, & Kev for about 1.2 million.

Then buy a good centre and/or winger, a replacement for Brooks, and then either a quality 2nd rower if not upgrade in the previous 2 positions.

I think that Suli should be playing right centre. The other centre should be Idris (once fit). Then the only hole left is the left wing where we should look at buying a good winger.

Then once some of our young forwards (Paseka etc.) devlop into first-graders then the Tigers may challenge for the title.

We also need some spirit especially when we are down on thw scoreboard and things aren't going our way. We gave up as soon as we went behind in the previous 2 games. Also we need to keep things tight in the 10 minutes before and after half-time. This may be due to bench issues but that is up to the club to sort out.

Hopefully we can turn all this around at Leichhardt on Sunday so we don't have to make so many threads on how much we suck and how bad Brooks, Kev & JT were.

Best of luck to the tigers next week and I will still support them even after these 2 disgraceful performances. :sign:

Ok, where do we find a deaf, dumb, and blind man with 1.2 million bucks and a compulsion for self harm to buy some of these guys. Actually, 1.2 mill would probably cover them all except Tedesco.

Tiger Tony

Post by Tiger Tony » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm

Coaches don't drop the ball and miss tackles but they do set the tone for the team Tim Sheens came in when NO ONE would touch the coaching job. Turned the place around and won a premiership with a few hard heads and a bunch of kids!

The present coach has come in with carte blanche from the management and board to turn the place around. In the last 3 years he has brought in and shed more assistant coaches than my dog sheds its fur. Got rid of players he didn't want (or couldn't manage) who we are paying big money to play against us.

Good (NRL standard) coaches can manage and motivate any player to perform to their potential and look like world beaters. Forget the superstars, look at what Bennett, Bellamy, Cleary etc do with "average" 1st grade players they coach.

The club's "plan" to wait till the end of the year is plain STUPID. It means if we do shed the current coach, the new coach come son board with no chance to look at the players he wants to keep or let go because it will be too late.

It's time for the WT management and board to forget possible mateship and do what is best for the club and its long suffering fans. If that's too difficult then it's time for them to go!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:26 pm

Kind of true OP. The thing is, as a developmental club we need senior players for these young guys to learn the ropes from. Otherwise they come up and keep playing like kids. They never see a tough old forward get belted and keep going. They never learn to take their scrapes and keep moving forward. They never learn the art of hanging in.

We have talented kids, but we have no talented senior players. We had a couple of them, but they didn't really work out.

I suppose that is why we are holding onto a guy like Lawrence.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 12:09 am

i like how the title of the thread is "problem" .. it's not a singular, it's definitely a pleural
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:11 am

This club is in the worst rut it has ever been

All grades are getting thumped, look out of their depth and talent is lacking.

Our coaching structures in all grades are terrible.

Independent review time....

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:24 am

Tiger Tony wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm
Coaches don't drop the ball and miss tackles but they do set the tone for the team Tim Sheens came in when NO ONE would touch the coaching job. Turned the place around and won a premiership with a few hard heads and a bunch of kids!

The present coach has come in with carte blanche from the management and board to turn the place around. In the last 3 years he has brought in and shed more assistant coaches than my dog sheds its fur. Got rid of players he didn't want (or couldn't manage) who we are paying big money to play against us.

Good (NRL standard) coaches can manage and motivate any player to perform to their potential and look like world beaters. Forget the superstars, look at what Bennett, Bellamy, Cleary etc do with "average" 1st grade players they coach.

The club's "plan" to wait till the end of the year is plain STUPID. It means if we do shed the current coach, the new coach come son board with no chance to look at the players he wants to keep or let go because it will be too late.

It's time for the WT management and board to forget possible mateship and do what is best for the club and its long suffering fans. If that's too difficult then it's time for them to go!
Well said agree with every single word

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:24 am

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:11 am

Brian's number should be saved somewhere...

I'm actually at a loss to where to go from here...time for a Watershed Breakout Re-Engineering Year..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:32 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:24 am
Mighty Tiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:11 am

Brian's number should be saved somewhere...

I'm actually at a loss to where to go from here...time for a Watershed Breakout Re-Engineering Year..
What about a five yr plan ??

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:40 am

When you hire a coach who is not up to the task and continually shed players of NRL quality and replace them with lesser quality players, of course there is going to be an impact on performance.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:54 am

Its the same problem over the last 4 years... We dont have the Structure or Depth to be competitive.

We have banked on 'development' and have this mystic belief our favourite players will continually develop into Superheros. At the end of last year, it was obvious Teddy, Ava, Sue, Moses had gone to a new level in 2016. Unfortunately, 3 of them had reached a ceiling and I couldn't see much more improvement in them. If anyone thought Teddy was going to be better than he was in 16, their expectations were unrealistic. He is already the best!

2 weeks running now we have been the best team on the park up until the 30min mark. We need to change the structure of our 17 to allow what is happening till the 30th min continue for alot longer. A 5 Prop Rotation will be the best starting point.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:03 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol
According to my ex-first grade player mate a few mins ago it is the lack of RF that is our problem. He is playing excellently this year and WT young players need him to provide experience, confidence etc..
Can you ask your ex first grade player mate what the difference was at the end of last year where Farah wasn't playing and the team were going OK for a while? Can you also ask him about Round One this year? I'd love to hear your ex first grade player mates thoughts on that.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:17 am

Maybe, Pascoe, Go and the rest of the board can take a pay cut so we can throw some extra cash at getting the right experienced coach rather than getting a budget coach.

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:42 am

TYGA wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:42 pm
ryanda01 wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:20 pm
Just throwing it out there; and by no means is this a defend JT post, but could the inclusion of Lovett or half the weird bench usage be related to not wanting to appear on the offside of the RLPA? The clubs wellbeing and changes in this space are in part to ensure the ongoing betterment of players. Could putting Lovett in the rotation be an olive branch of sorts? Shows the club 'standing by their players' as opposed to to plodder dropping?
Lovett got dropped on every run like a toothpick he is very b grade against a powerful Raiders pack. Looked like an under 8s player.
Let me be clear; I agree 100%. My point was maybe their hands are tied when it comes to selection.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:00 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol
According to my ex-first grade player mate a few mins ago it is the lack of RF that is our problem. He is playing excellently this year and WT young players need him to provide experience, confidence etc..
He didn't play excellently against us. Best thing we have ever done imo.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:06 am

Tiger Tony wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm

Second paragraph should read:

2 YEARS and 3 GAMES. Let's not exaggerate like the Telecrap.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:20 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:00 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol
He didn't play excellently against us. Best thing we have ever done imo.
He looked pretty good on the weekend. And we're paying the majority of his salary. And he can play 80 minutes. And we're looking worse than we ever have. The "best thing we have ever done" might be a bit of a stretch, don't you reckon champ?