The Problem is.....

avocadoontoast

Re: The Problem is.....

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:23 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:06 am
Tiger Tony wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 11:21 pm
Coaches don't drop the ball and miss tackles but they do set the tone for the team Tim Sheens came in when NO ONE would touch the coaching job. Turned the place around and won a premiership with a few hard heads and a bunch of kids!

The present coach has come in with carte blanche from the management and board to turn the place around. In the last 3 years he has brought in and shed more assistant coaches than my dog sheds its fur. Got rid of players he didn't want (or couldn't manage) who we are paying big money to play against us.

Good (NRL standard) coaches can manage and motivate any player to perform to their potential and look like world beaters. Forget the superstars, look at what Bennett, Bellamy, Cleary etc do with "average" 1st grade players they coach.

The club's "plan" to wait till the end of the year is plain STUPID. It means if we do shed the current coach, the new coach come son board with no chance to look at the players he wants to keep or let go because it will be too late.

It's time for the WT management and board to forget possible mateship and do what is best for the club and its long suffering fans. If that's too difficult then it's time for them to go!
Second paragraph should read:

2 YEARS and 3 GAMES. Let's not exaggerate like the Telecrap.
We're getting worse, not better. With any luck he won't get to 3 years.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:30 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 8:17 am
Maybe, Pascoe, Go and the rest of the board can take a pay cut so we can throw some extra cash at getting the right experienced coach rather than getting a budget coach.
Strange how we seem to have money to lure admin/CEOs, and assistant coaches from other clubs without trouble but reportedly cant afford a top coach!

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:34 am

The problem is...

The majority of our pack has no backbone
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:35 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:20 am
Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:00 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:33 pm
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm

Wash your mouth out. lol
According to my ex-first grade player mate a few mins ago it is the lack of RF that is our problem. He is playing excellently this year and WT young players need him to provide experience, confidence etc..
He didn't play excellently against us. Best thing we have ever done imo.
He looked pretty good on the weekend. And we're paying the majority of his salary. And he can play 80 minutes. And we're looking worse than we ever have. The "best thing we have ever done" might be a bit of a stretch, don't you reckon champ?
No I don't think it is a stretch at all. He can play ok (these days) when he wants to. Unfortunately he didn't want to do that for us.

Would he have played as well for us? I don't think so, he had too many axes to grind.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:47 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:35 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

According to my ex-first grade player mate a few mins ago it is the lack of RF that is our problem. He is playing excellently this year and WT young players need him to provide experience, confidence etc..
He looked pretty good on the weekend. And we're paying the majority of his salary. And he can play 80 minutes. And we're looking worse than we ever have. The "best thing we have ever done" might be a bit of a stretch, don't you reckon champ?
No I don't think it is a stretch at all. He can play ok (these days) when he wants to. Unfortunately he didn't want to do that for us.

Would he have played as well for us? I don't think so, he had too many axes to grind.
Yes I do. Better than the vast majority of players we have now.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:51 am

Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol
And that's reflected on the scoreboard and competition table :lol:

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 4:55 pm

team id like next year.

Tedesco
nofo
Dwz
gerard beale
suli (signed up)
moses
littlejohn
woods
liddle
seumanafei
ryan hoffman
luke lewis (1 year contract)
ET

lawrence (signed up. use as second row)
kane evans
sam tagatese
matt prior

Sharks are always taking our players. Lets hit them back..

Coach Ivan Cleary

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 20 Mar, 2017 5:02 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 9:35 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

He already was playing that well for us..geeze people have selective memories.

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 11:11 am

In recent years we let go of players such as Blake Austin, Bodene Thompson, Adam Blair, Robbie Farah and probably a couple more.....all of these guys have more experience than our current side....and all of them were better players.

We have pinned our hopes of potential. Teddy is class, but lets be honest on the stuff Brooks & Moses dish out ( on a inconsistent level ) how much are they really worth???? Not $800k in my opinion. On current form its hard to offer then more than $400k a year and thats on the proviso that they improved. Potential is only great if it comes to fruition but when it doesn't it's just an opportunity missed elsewhere.

But the worst thing is not the sacking of JT or getting rid of Farah and the way it was handled.

The worst thing is when you have your BIG FOUR who all use the same player manager, and all have their contracts expiring at the same time, decide that they won't sign with the WT if JT is the coach next year....since when did clubs allow players and their managers dictate to do this ???

I know it wouldn't happen at a club like Melb, Brisb or any other professionally run club.

The WT have a serious credibility problem and until they develop a healthy mandate and culture at the club the circus will continue.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 11:36 am

WTDiehard wrote:
Tue 21 Mar, 2017 11:11 am
In recent years we let go of players such as Blake Austin, Bodene Thompson, Adam Blair, Robbie Farah and probably a couple more.....all of these guys have more experience than our current side....and all of them were better players.

We have pinned our hopes of potential. Teddy is class, but lets be honest on the stuff Brooks & Moses dish out ( on a inconsistent level ) how much are they really worth???? Not $800k in my opinion. On current form its hard to offer then more than $400k a year and thats on the proviso that they improved. Potential is only great if it comes to fruition but when it doesn't it's just an opportunity missed elsewhere.

But the worst thing is not the sacking of JT or getting rid of Farah and the way it was handled.

The worst thing is when you have your BIG FOUR who all use the same player manager, and all have their contracts expiring at the same time, decide that they won't sign with the WT if JT is the coach next year....since when did clubs allow players and their managers dictate to do this ???

I know it wouldn't happen at a club like Melb, Brisb or any other professionally run club.

The WT have a serious credibility problem and until they develop a healthy mandate and culture at the club the circus will continue.
I dont disagree with your thoughts but the comparisons to Melbourne and Brisbane maybe a bit harsh.

They have Bellamy and Bennett(for the most part) and they have a their share of quality established players. I don't know many players or fans that would want either of those coaches sacked. And I maybe mistaken but Brisbane has had similar instances in its history.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 12:18 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:25 pm
At the end of the day we need a player cleanout. Teddy and maybe one or two others keep, the rest get rid of them.
I think most would agree with this. Most of the players that have left have gone to reserve grade except for Farah+ that winger at Melbourne.

Look at Liolavave; Cherrington; few of the backs like Seve

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 12:20 pm

WTDiehard wrote:

who came up with the term big 4? the media? almost all tigers fans know there is no such thing as the big4 perhaps 2

In a lot of ways Brooks sensational debut was a curse

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 1:12 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:24 am
Mighty Tiger wrote:
Mon 20 Mar, 2017 7:11 am
This club is in the worst rut it has ever been

All grades are getting thumped, look out of their depth and talent is lacking.

Our coaching structures in all grades are terrible.

Independent review time....
Brian's number should be saved somewhere...

I'm actually at a loss to where to go from here...time for a Watershed Breakout Re-Engineering Year..
Jason Taylor got his gig with WT because he was able to fool management with his long plans to improve, defence, attack and buy new players etc. HE probably used a power point presentation. Wests Tigers management would have been mesmerised about what he promised at such a low cost fro a first grade coach and gave him the job. He then brought in his own coaching staff buddies and of course e can now see the result. Wests Tigers want a more professional, hard working and genuine attitude not BS from the next coach before they can even get to the lift off to improve the club's horrible situation.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 1:48 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Tue 21 Mar, 2017 12:20 pm
WTDiehard wrote:

who came up with the term big 4? the media? almost all tigers fans know there is no such thing as the big4 perhaps 2

In a lot of ways Brooks sensational debut was a curse
It was me. I coined "Big 4", I coined "Broses", I coined "Brangelina".

Basically I apply labels and they stick, I am the Dymo-Man (TM).

Old Maggie

Post by Old Maggie » Tue 21 Mar, 2017 8:59 pm

Damn shame we cannot have a person at the club like Peter ' Bullfrog" Moore or even dare I say Ken Arthurson.
None of these problems would be happening.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 8:54 pm

matchball wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:47 pm
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:45 pm
matchball wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 7:03 pm

I would pay tedesco big overs long term and build a team around him.
Kinda like what Souths have done with Inglis, or manly with Chery-Evans.
When you have a diamond, keep it and surround it with coal.
As an old Balmain fan I have fond memories of dumping almost our entire squad due to bankruptcy but hanging on to Tim Brasher, who was legitimately the best fullback un the game in the mid 90s. It sure was great to hold up that 1995 Winfield cup with Brasher leading the reserve grade leftovers to the top.

Jam Wowz

Post by Jam Wowz » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 9:20 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Tue 21 Mar, 2017 12:18 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:25 pm
At the end of the day we need a player cleanout. Teddy and maybe one or two others keep, the rest get rid of them.
I think most would agree with this. Most of the players that have left have gone to reserve grade except for Farah+ that winger at Melbourne.

Look at Liolavave; Cherrington; few of the backs like Seve
Fair. None bar JAC and Farah were really missed by the fans or featured too highly in first grade rotation for us. There's more like Griffin, McConaachie, Funaki and Fine who never really got a chance here, and the same thing still seems to happen at the new club. Sironen seems to be more of the same, but I don't think Manly fans are complaining when he's pretty much free (we had that free man in McKinnon a few years back). Our 1-17 has been more or less the same since Taylor's arrival with most of the players leaving being older like Farah/Halatau/Richards, those 3 have a MASS amount of experience. Martin and Austin are the ones most touted as being missed/alternatives to Broses, but I struggle to believe they in their place (or even 1 or the other) will get us much higher.

I really believe it's cultural, and pplayers need a coach, a club and one another that they will play for

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 12:14 am

The problem is ........our roster is piss weak