The Problem is.....

TrueTiger

The Problem is.....

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 6:59 pm

The Problem with this club is not really the coach,it's paying way over the top money for unproven talent...Brooks and Moses aren't the answer for our NRL playmakers positions and they have proved that one can play without the other,but not both together,they simply cannot control a team around the park competently or consistently,they have way to many errors and are both turnstiles in defense,granted they both pull off a couple of tackles a game but that's it...As far as paying 1.3 mill for a rookie is beyond me,Suli left his opposition player unmarked and made fundamental errors,I don't know what they have seen in him,but I haven't seen much so far..it's about time the WTs stop being held to ransom by these overhyped players,Brooks and Moses can both go as far as I'm concerned,we let Austin go to keep potential,yet Austin is an NRL standard player and would have been good value for us,instead we keep the overhyped non producers...I'm completely over this lot and the sooner things turn around then the better,however if Brooks,Moses,Naigama,Lovett and others are still here at the end of this season,then that's it for me ...I can do far better with my time and small membership fee than follow some overated pre madonnas ...I may sound angry but really I'm so disappointed in this group of players that if they really had talent and applied themselves to the game they may have been greats of the game....as for Taylor,he at least tried when he played and yet tried to coach these wannabes to no avail,it may not be his coaching but the player rabble he has to work with...,
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 7:03 pm

The problem is everything.
Crap front row.
Crap second row.
Overhyped halves.
Rubbish centre's.
Even more rubbish winger.
Crap coach.
Crap facilities.
Crap support staff.
Everything about our club is park football. Everything.

So many glaring flaws it's so hard to even know what to do.
I would pay tedesco big overs long term and build a team around him.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:05 pm

You were full of praise for Taylor a couple of weeks ago, telling everyone snd sundry to give him great praise.

As head coach he is responsible for the rubbish served up in the past 2 weeks.

You can run from that and deflect but he is equally to blame with the players.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm

Robbie Farah !

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:24 pm

matchball wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 7:03 pm
The problem is everything.
Crap front row.
Crap second row.
Overhyped halves.
Rubbish centre's.
Even more rubbish winger.
Crap coach.
Crap facilities.
Crap support staff.
Everything about our club is park football. Everything.

So many glaring flaws it's so hard to even know what to do.
Yep that is pretty much it really isn't it. Our forwards are just not competitive for longer than about half an hour. That was the same problem last year.

Our back row is the worst in the league. Same old story there.

Our halves ? we only need moses in my opinon, and even then he will need a body guard either side of him in defence ala lockyer when he moved to 5/8

Everyone in the rugby league world knows our facilities are the very worst in the league by a fair margin. It gets a mention a few times per year on panel shows on tv. This needs to be addressed or we will never attract players from other teams.

Our coach has proven before he isn't up to it at other clubs and continues to prove it here.
To top it all off our management has been poor since day dot. Poor management got both balmain and western suburbs into trouble in the first place to even put either team in a position they needed to merge. That poor management became the merged clubs hallmark!

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:33 pm

Why don't we sell Brooks, Lovett, Edwards, & Kev for about 1.2 million.

Then buy a good centre and/or winger, a replacement for Brooks, and then either a quality 2nd rower if not upgrade in the previous 2 positions.

I think that Suli should be playing right centre. The other centre should be Idris (once fit). Then the only hole left is the left wing where we should look at buying a good winger.

Then once some of our young forwards (Paseka etc.) devlop into first-graders then the Tigers may challenge for the title.

We also need some spirit especially when we are down on thw scoreboard and things aren't going our way. We gave up as soon as we went behind in the previous 2 games. Also we need to keep things tight in the 10 minutes before and after half-time. This may be due to bench issues but that is up to the club to sort out.

Hopefully we can turn all this around at Leichhardt on Sunday so we don't have to make so many threads on how much we suck and how bad Brooks, Kev & JT were.

Best of luck to the tigers next week and I will still support them even after these 2 disgraceful performances. :sign:
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:33 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:21 pm
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol
According to my ex-first grade player mate a few mins ago it is the lack of RF that is our problem. He is playing excellently this year and WT young players need him to provide experience, confidence etc..
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:45 pm

matchball wrote:

Kinda like what Souths have done with Inglis, or manly with Chery-Evans.

matchball

Post by matchball » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:47 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:45 pm
matchball wrote:

Kinda like what Souths have done with Inglis, or manly with Chery-Evans.
When you have a diamond, keep it and surround it with coal.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:52 pm

Russell wrote:
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol
Wish our problem was that simple

Watching the last 2 games has been scary

I couldnt stomach it today having to turn the TV off mins after 2nd half started.

I hope for our sake we can turn this around otherwise it will be a long sad season for us again in 2017

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:52 pm

Russell wrote:
Robbie Farah !
Wash your mouth out. lol
Wish our problem was that simple

Watching the last 2 games has been scary

I couldnt stomach it today having to turn the TV off mins after 2nd half started.

I hope for our sake we can turn this around otherwise it will be a long sad season for us again in 2017

Tiger4life

Post by Tiger4life » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:10 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 19 Mar, 2017 8:05 pm
You were full of praise for Taylor a couple of weeks ago, telling everyone snd sundry to give him great praise.

As head coach he is responsible for the rubbish served up in the past 2 weeks.

You can run from that and deflect but he is equally to blame with the players.
Our roster might be lite but we still have some class on the field. There are plenty of other teams with lite rosters and none seem to be defending or dishing it out as bad as we are.

Ultimately the responsibility lies with the coach. He showed he was not an NRL coach last week by sabotaging our chances with his bench and rotation. This week he adds lovett are you frigging kidding me. What will it take to get dropped on this team. Kev should never play first grade again, Suli is a centre. We need bigger forwards on the bench. He had lost the majority of supporters and now he has lost the players. Wake up tigers management and make some tough calls. 2017 could turn out to be our most important season for the next decade. We could either re-start and spend our money wisely to build something big for 2018 or continue with no idea and stsy inthe bottom for years to come

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:20 pm

Just throwing it out there; and by no means is this a defend JT post, but could the inclusion of Lovett or half the weird bench usage be related to not wanting to appear on the offside of the RLPA? The clubs wellbeing and changes in this space are in part to ensure the ongoing betterment of players. Could putting Lovett in the rotation be an olive branch of sorts? Shows the club 'standing by their players' as opposed to to plodder dropping?

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 9:25 pm

At the end of the day we need a player cleanout. Teddy and maybe one or two others keep, the rest get rid of them.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:19 pm

My 2 cents in the situation.

Retain: Teddy, Woods, Moses, Nofa, Ava, ET, Aloai, Sue, Suli.

Release: Lawrence, Ballin, Lovett, Kev, Brooks, Edwards, JLJ, J Hunt, Rankin, Idris, Grant, MCK

Sign: DWZ, Gagai, Matulino, Kane Evans, Kasiano, McQueen, Josh Reynolds.

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:28 pm

The problem is our forwards are cream puffs. At one point Wighton was tackled on the last tackle a few metres out of our try line and we got the ball. Woods pushed in so he could play the ball and it was given to Naiqama, then the next tackle was Chee Kam and the next tackle was one of the wingers. Now i understand the back 3 get in there and do there bit but not one forward looked interested in doing the hard yards. The whole lot of them need to watch other packs and learn to run hard and tackle hard not this let's cuddle and fall down business. They need to harden up.

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 19 Mar, 2017 10:34 pm

Please don't sign McQueen and Reynolds, one wants 500k and the other 800k...not work 200k put together

Centres ....Saints Milne ....Penriths Whare ....

They can defend