Webster: "We want to play better football"..

Toowoomba Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu 15 Dec, 2016 12:35 pm

Re: Webster: "We want to play better football"..

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:38 pm

Jason Taylor hasn't spoken to him. Surely he's had 5 minutes to return his calls. I'd imagine Taylor is cranky at the whole world, but Webster had nothing to do with his sacking. Petty act by Taylor imo, but doesn't really surprise me.
previously known as 'The Tooth'


andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:43 pm

Upset coming up , we will win this weekend as it happens a lot when the new guy comes in , then the Dragons will Bash us up , then the new coach will arrive

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6899
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:46 pm

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with the team.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu 23 Mar, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9806
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:53 pm

andrew 474 wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:43 pm
Upset coming up , we will win this weekend as it happens a lot when the new guy comes in , then the Dragons will Bash us up , then the new coach will arrive
I could live with this scenario .
Better than waiting 2-3 months for a coach to be appointed .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5522
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 3:46 pm

I think that with WT fans they would be saying; "We want a better Management." Why does it have to take months to decide who the Head Coach will be. Wests Tigers management went through the same process when they selected Jason Taylor and during his interview he fooled WT management with his power point display and fantasy predictions, improved defence etc. Well he was going cheap.


Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Thu 23 Mar, 2017 9:52 pm

Looking forward to Sunday. Should've beaten Storm twice last year.
And everyone is playing for a contract.
Very exciting. :o

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5522
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 12:47 am

Warriors back Webster to succeed

Thu 23 Mar, 2017, 2:00pm
By Corey Rosser‌, New Zealand Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@CoreyRosser23

After spending the last two seasons working with Andrew Webster as their assistant coach, several Warriors players have thrown their support behind the new Wests Tigers interim boss.

Webster served as the right-hand man to former Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden for both the 2015 and 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership campaigns, before heading back to the Tigers where he had spent several seasons previously with the club's Holden Cup side.

But despite the difficult circumstances surrounding his promotion at the expense of Jason Taylor this week, veteran Warrior Simon Mannering said he fully expected Webster to prove a success. "I am stoked for Andrew, I learnt a lot from him in his time here at the club," Mannering said. "[He is] a real good fella on and off the field and I really rate him as a coach. "It's a tough situation to be three games into your season and they lose their head coach and he is sort of thrust in there, but I am sure he will do the best job he can. "If I was playing under him I'd definitely back him. "He is still a young guy but he is a very skilled coached, very good with managing the players and relationships there, so I can't see why he can't get results on the field as a head coach."

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 12:52 am

Yeah can't see us winning this one but hopefully we put up a good fight. They will control game better than us that will be the telling point. Still think we have too many cooks still.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5721
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:55 am

Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:38 pm
Jason Taylor hasn't spoken to him. Surely he's had 5 minutes to return his calls. I'd imagine Taylor is cranky at the whole world, but Webster had nothing to do with his sacking. Petty act by Taylor imo, but doesn't really surprise me.
Just thought I'd tell you that's a stupid comment. You don't even know Jason Taylor as a person, how do you know what's going on in his world right now? He was sacked 48 hours before Webster made those comments.

Fair enough the coach didn't get the results and he is gone. I think 99% of people can support that, even if the timing is a bit tricky.

But you are laying the boot into a guy whose coaching career is pretty much over, laying in the boot for apparently not ringing up the bloke who took his job within 2 days, above-board or not.

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1615
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:15 am

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:38 pm
Jason Taylor hasn't spoken to him. Surely he's had 5 minutes to return his calls. I'd imagine Taylor is cranky at the whole world, but Webster had nothing to do with his sacking. Petty act by Taylor imo, but doesn't really surprise me.
Just thought I'd tell you that's a stupid comment. You don't even know Jason Taylor as a person, how do you know what's going on in his world right now? He was sacked 48 hours before Webster made those comments.

Fair enough the coach didn't get the results and he is gone. I think 99% of people can support that, even if the timing is a bit tricky.

But you are laying the boot into a guy whose coaching career is pretty much over, laying in the boot for apparently not ringing up the bloke who took his job within 2 days, above-board or not.
I agree. For all we know Webster white anted him and backstabbing him to be removed and JT is dirty on everyone at the Tigers.
We can all assume the reason.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5721
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:23 am

matchball wrote:
Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:15 am
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 24 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
Toowoomba Tiger wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2017 2:38 pm
Jason Taylor hasn't spoken to him. Surely he's had 5 minutes to return his calls. I'd imagine Taylor is cranky at the whole world, but Webster had nothing to do with his sacking. Petty act by Taylor imo, but doesn't really surprise me.
Just thought I'd tell you that's a stupid comment. You don't even know Jason Taylor as a person, how do you know what's going on in his world right now? He was sacked 48 hours before Webster made those comments.

Fair enough the coach didn't get the results and he is gone. I think 99% of people can support that, even if the timing is a bit tricky.

But you are laying the boot into a guy whose coaching career is pretty much over, laying in the boot for apparently not ringing up the bloke who took his job within 2 days, above-board or not.
I agree. For all we know Webster white anted him and backstabbing him to be removed and JT is dirty on everyone at the Tigers.
We can all assume the reason.
I actually don't care mb, I just say the bloke is gone, leave him alone and move on.

There has been a lot of criticism this week for "JT fanboys" who, as far as I can tell, aren't actually fans nor are they upset that Taylor is gone. Rather they respect the difficulty of the head coach role and believe that the media portrays a distorted view of what is really going on.

But for the people who have always disliked JT, don't like his personality or the way he appears to conduct himself... there's been this palpable dislike of the man himself, not just the results or the strategy, but just a rejection of the man and his words. Maybe not fair but you can dislike whomever you want.

But he's gone and people are still putting the boot in, over just nonsense and speculation. What more do these people want? He's been sacked and they start commenting about whether or not he phoned people who may have reached out to him.

And yeah why would Taylor not be dirty at Tigers, surely not everyone, but specifically some people? Anyone in here been sacked from a good job and walked out pleased as punch?

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:33 am

Coaching Insider: NRL Round 4

Sat 25th March, 11:00AM

Wests Tigers Interim NRL Head Coach Andrew Webster gives the final word ahead of his side's clash against the Melbourne Storm this Sunday at Leichhardt Oval.

See what Webster had to say about the game and preparations in the video above!

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... r_nrl.html


I like him...

Defence..we are not too far away..we have to be more patient with the ball..and defend less..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40151
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 12:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:33 am
Coaching Insider: NRL Round 4

Sat 25th March, 11:00AM

Wests Tigers Interim NRL Head Coach Andrew Webster gives the final word ahead of his side's clash against the Melbourne Storm this Sunday at Leichhardt Oval.

See what Webster had to say about the game and preparations in the video above!

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017 ... r_nrl.html


I like him...

Defence..we are not too far away..we have to be more patient with the ball..and defend less..
Sounds like Ballin is definitely in the 17

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 3:42 pm

Will Liddle play FG next week?
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 5:47 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 3:42 pm
Will Liddle play FG next week?
Depends how he goes in ISP, I guess.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28983
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 5:50 pm

Masterton wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 5:47 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 3:42 pm
Will Liddle play FG next week?
Depends how he goes in ISP, I guess.

Wests Tigers got an exemption to play him tomorrow as Ballin picked up a "toe injury" at training..now included in the 19....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 7:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 5:50 pm
Masterton wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 5:47 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 3:42 pm
Will Liddle play FG next week?
Depends how he goes in ISP, I guess.

Wests Tigers got an exemption to play him tomorrow as Ballin picked up a "toe injury" at training..now included in the 19....
Ooohhh interesting

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21831
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 7:23 pm

Exciting times.

Post Reply