Webster: "We want to play better football"..

MacDougall

Re: Webster: "We want to play better football"..

Post by MacDougall » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 7:30 pm

We need something like this. If we win and Liddle goes good there will be some positive press for a change.

Buffalo

Post by Buffalo » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 7:40 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Thu 23 Mar, 2017 1:27 am
D

D

D

D

D

Fix it if you can and the job is yours foreverrrrrrrr
D has been his job since he started hasn't it?

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sat 25 Mar, 2017 11:23 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Sat 25 Mar, 2017 7:30 pm
We need something like this. If we win and Liddle goes good there will be some positive press for a change.
Yes, positive press like "LIDDLE WANTS 1.3M per YEAR TO STAY AT WESTS TIGERS"

or

"KNIGHTS SIGN TIGERS YOUNG GUN LIDDLE FOR 4 YEARS"

As Charlie Brown said on many occasions, "Good Grief."

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 12:08 am

All we want to see is the team having a go. Way too many games that we lose we lose without showing our best...nothing wrong with losing it's just how we lose....and we'll the last 2 weeks are examples of players in a team not giving 100%. Hopefully it starts changing now and any player that doesn't put in is not resigned for 2018 and beyond

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:47 am

Put some pride in the jersey today please boys!

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:41 am

I'd have Moses and Brooks play more together on both sides of the ruck.

Under Taylor, Brooks would play left and Moses right exclusively and they didn't combine enough, they weren't allowed to - Taylor's game plans and style was like pushing a round peg into a square hole.

Webster should have them pop-up all over the field, the way he allowed them to play in the lower grades. It would cause anxiety for opposition defences and pull them out of shape. They (Broses) would still need to play measured and controlled, this wouldn't be a licence for frivolous high risk plays, but it would be a licence to roam and combine more.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:44 am

The Bard wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:41 am

Under Taylor, Brooks would play left and Moses right exclusively and they didn't combine enough, they weren't allowed to - Taylor's game plans and style was like pushing a round peg into a square hole.

Webster should have them pop-up all over the field, the way he allowed them to play in the lower grades. It would cause anxiety for opposition defences and pull them out of shape. They (Broses) would still need to play measured and controlled, this wouldn't be a licence for frivolous high risk plays, but it would be a licence to roam and combine more.
So would I mate. They always looked best when combining. It probably neuters ET's creative role though.

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:43 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:44 am
The Bard wrote:

So would I mate. They always looked best when combining. It probably neuters ET's creative role though.
It would ST, although I think ET's game needs to be managed for the long haul. He's been playing big minutes, 40+ tackles, hit-ups, ball playing at the line and being first receiver for Broses - that's a recipe for burnout. I'd have ET focused on quality involvement, rather than quantity.

I'd also have ET rotating with Aloiai, and have Woods and Ava rotating with Grant and Felise. We need more muscle in the middle third before and after halftime, so Felise in, Edwards out - Edwards game is more suited as a defensive edge player, his hit-ups playing as a middle third player has about as much impact as a soggy lettuce leaf.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 12:05 pm

The Bard wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:43 am
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:44 am
The Bard wrote:

It would ST, although I think ET's game needs to be managed for the long haul. He's been playing big minutes, 40+ tackles, hit-ups, ball playing at the line and being first receiver for Broses - that's a recipe for burnout. I'd have ET focused on quality involvement, rather than quantity.

I'd also have ET rotating with Aloiai, and have Woods and Ava rotating with Grant and Felise. We need more muscle in the middle third before and after halftime, so Felise in, Edwards out - Edwards game is more suited as a defensive edge player, his hit-ups playing as a middle third player has about as much impact as a soggy lettuce leaf.
I think that these are the first changes that need to be made. Give ET a break and view 6 forwards up the middle as being a key part of the game. These guys have to win the middle of the park throughout the game.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 12:05 pm

3 things we need to do

1. Run harder
2. Tackle harder
3. Don't stop doing 1 and 2

Sounds simple but it's our first step towards heading in the right direction, we have to want to win because lately it looks like we don't by the way we run and tackle.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 12:13 pm

The Bard wrote:

They combine plenty. While it's true that one plays left and the other right, they still both get involved whenever there is a long backline.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 1:54 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 12:05 pm
3 things we need to do

1. Run harder
2. Tackle harder
3. Don't stop doing 1 and 2

Sounds simple but it's our first step towards heading in the right direction, we have to want to win because lately it looks like we don't by the way we run and tackle.
I agree and would even add positioning, especially in defence. I think getting caught in the middle and leaving our edges vulnerable is definitely our Achilles heel.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm pleased that Webster had enough balls to put Lovett where he belongs ISP now all he needs to do is to do the same with Edwards and Kev.