Moses

GNR4LIFE

Re: Moses

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 7:42 pm

That tip on was full of arrogance. Gus gave it to him for that and rightly so.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:15 pm

Did bugger all today, our halves don't excite me at all.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:18 pm

Last year half way through the year i described Moses as a poor mans Benji Marshall.

Then he put together 10 weeks of decent football.

However this year gone back to the same old rubbish.

Honestly we cant keep both these guys. I dont care who goes really but one of them has to if not both. As Andrew Johns said you can't keep paying on potential.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:55 pm

Even with our forwards on top thanks to Melbournes errors both of our halves produced nothing and starved Tedesco of the ball near the line to boot.

Sign Woods an Teddy and lets all move on. If only it was so easy. :?:

Edit. It was a good try from Moses, but other then that not good.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:49 pm

Pretty harsh comments, I thought he had a dig, execution could improve, he really needed to run a play for Teddy when we had that field position but he just couldn't come up with it. I think Teddy can also take the blame for that too, I know he doesn't usually have a bad word said about him and deservedly so but I thought he could of injected himself more when we needed him to today, I thought he was a bit off.
By the way, the passes Moses was receiving from Liddle were very ordinary, stunted our plays.
Last edited by TIGER on Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 7:42 pm
That tip on was full of arrogance. Gus gave it to him for that and rightly so.
Watch a replay of that, if he tried to take that pass he would have got crunched and lost the ball, he had some serious heat on him and I think he did his best to try to create an opportunity out of a bad pass and bad situation.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:55 pm

Tried his guts out ..

But lost his head when the heat was applied...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:30 pm

With all of that ball possession in great field position due to Melbournes butter fingers, our halves should have ran 4 or 5 tries past them.
They failed. Then Melbourne woke up and ran 22 unanswered points past us.
Not much to be happy about.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:36 pm

Look have Moses and Brooks had their eyes tested , seriously ??

I have never seen blokes miss players 5 metres away on their strong passing sides so often

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:36 pm

I think Moses needs a calm experienced player to back him up and take the pressure off him. A Blake Green/Kieran Foran type player.

The problem is Brooks isn't that kind of player, hes more or less the same as Moses but with a lot less confidence.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:51 pm

I like Moses he tries hard and can run the ball with speed and power for a little bloke. He went backwards when Brooks went off. Storm are a strong defensive outfit I was happy with the team this week.Had a real dig against superior opposition

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:49 pm
Pretty harsh comments, I thought he had a dig, execution could improve, he really needed to run a play for Teddy when we had that field position but he just couldn't come up with it. I think Teddy can also take the blame for that too, I know he does usually have a bad word said about him and deservedly so but I thought he could of injected himself more when we needed him to today, I thought he was a bit off.
By the way, the passes Moses was receiving from Liddle were very ordinary, stunted our plays.
Yep - I too thought Teddy was off today.Not one of his better days.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:55 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:36 pm
I think Moses needs a calm experienced player to back him up and take the pressure off him. A Blake Green/Kieran Foran type player.

The problem is Brooks isn't that kind of player, hes more or less the same as Moses but with a lot less confidence.

This.....
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:07 pm

Teddy tried the whole game, of course top teams will learn how to handle him.. But he did brilliant runs even if he did not score tries and was often backing up or acting as decoy. He is not the Guy who can turn water into wine.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:15 pm

I honestly think the attacking plays have gone out the window, last season we would see sweeping backline plays that would put Tedesco or a winger through a gap and we haven't done that the past 3 weeks and against Souths they exploited Inglis as he was injured.

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:12 am

One of the main problems I think is that both halves know there is no attacking talent in the centres. Once the ball leaves their hands, unless it goes to Teddy, it's 'play over'. Give them at least one creative dangerous centre and we might see a different performance. As it is, however, both halves are really looking very average. (I did think Brookes was much better today than in his previous efforts, however. Mind you, it's all relative).
It seems almost insane that these blokes might be earning around $15,000-$20,000 a week next year! Bloody hell!

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:48 am

Moses gets the vast majority of the ball in the red zone and doesn't exactly have a lot to show for it. The Nofo no try was about the only decent shape we've thrown up that hasn't been a sweeping move for Teddy to run in to an underlap because every team knows it's coming.
Brooks outplayed Moses today and I'd keep Luke over Mitch easily. I just feel for poor Teddy, you can almost see the bloke wanting someone else to help out so he can get the other 16 blokes off his shoulders but no-one is willing for 80 minutes. Mitch's price is driven up by a friendship with Ted and flash that amounts to nothing, send him to the Warriors and give Lolohea the 6 jersey he deserves.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 2:12 am

yeti wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:12 am
One of the main problems I think is that both halves know there is no attacking talent in the centres. Once the ball leaves their hands, unless it goes to Teddy, it's 'play over'. Give them at least one creative dangerous centre and we might see a different performance. As it is, however, both halves are really looking very average. (I did think Brookes was much better today than in his previous efforts, however. Mind you, it's all relative).
It seems almost insane that these blokes might be earning around $15,000-$20,000 a week next year! Bloody hell!
Almost??????
It's utter madness!
I was going off my head watching that game. Those blokes on the left side of the field hardly saw the ball. Time and time again moses and Brooks went to Kev and Nofa against Addo-Carr. They've got one of the best hole runners in the game in Lawrence and outside him Suli - a potential star and frankly, Chee Kam runs hard too, and they rarely used them. :brick: