McIlwrick

•  Recent Topics
Geo.

Re: McIlwrick

Post by Geo. » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:04 pm

Needs more minutes...I'm sure he has it in him...looks like they are just using a structured interchange as to when to bring him off and put him back on ..not what is actually happening during a game...

Also wouldn't be writing Liddle of after a grand total of 2 half NRL games
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:08 pm

McIlwick is good and defend solidly, his only Achilles so far is that he is not 80mins.

Match fitness was an issue for Liddle today. It showed but he didn't shy away and made plenty of tackles, good tackles too. I was at the game and I think he may have picked up a knock in one of the first few tackles he made and looked a bit shaken but he played on well and showed plenty of ticker.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:22 pm

I thought that when Brooks went off they could have played Liddle at half and put McIlwick at DH.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:25 pm

Without having seen Ballin play recently, I think i'd stick with Killer.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:53 pm

Liddle looks all class only a matter of time before he finds his feet. We need 4 forwards in the bench fatigue is killing us.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm

I just be missing something, he made a couple of good runs but his service was all over the place. Passes too high or too low, very slow aswell. Seems ok in defence I guess. Certainly hasn't stood out to me.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:44 pm

:righton:
fergiefurr wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm
I just be missing something, he made a couple of good runs but his service was all over the place. Passes too high or too low, very slow aswell. Seems ok in defence I guess. Certainly hasn't stood out to me.
Pretty much how I saw it.
I don't know what game half you blokes watched but he was a big letdown for me, just his passing alone I feel rushed Moses at important times.
I didn't see any sign of zip around the ruck that everyone raves about either.
I know it's way too early but it looks like another over hyped WT youngster to me.
We'll see I guess, but I think he's too small.

palms

Post by palms » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:56 pm

I think Fergie was talking about MM...?

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:02 am

He can defend which helps

Doesn't overplay his position but does a lot of the little things right

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:16 am

Yep, MM is going well. Liddle looked like he had some 'ring rust' today. Another game or two and we'll see what he can do.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:17 am

I think him and Ava should've been back on 10 minutes before they did, looked a lot better with that combo. He's great in defence though, really sits people down and makes Edwards look even more second-rate.
If we're going to persist with Liddle in the 17 (and why not?) then I'd like to swap McIlwrick and him around. Let Jacob have a run at the start to feel his way in to the game when he's got the fresh forwards to protect him, have Kiwi on to strengthen our defence through the middle 40-ish minutes and keep us going forward, then bring Liddle back on when everyone is getting tired.
Or for the love of god interchange based on the flow of the game not on the mid-week script.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:59 am

This whole two dummy halves strategy is totally messed up. Absolutely no need. Lets go back to having one 9 and a bench full of muscle. First priority needs to be energy and we seem to lose it fast these days.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:38 am

I thought Macca had a great game. Stings in defence and can find a lazy marker and get metres,.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:34 am

VanillaThunder wrote:
Mon 27 Mar, 2017 1:17 am
I think him and Ava should've been back on 10 minutes before they did, looked a lot better with that combo. He's great in defence though, really sits people down and makes Edwards look even more second-rate.
If we're going to persist with Liddle in the 17 (and why not?) then I'd like to swap McIlwrick and him around. Let Jacob have a run at the start to feel his way in to the game when he's got the fresh forwards to protect him, have Kiwi on to strengthen our defence through the middle 40-ish minutes and keep us going forward, then bring Liddle back on when everyone is getting tired.
Or for the love of god interchange based on the flow of the game not on the mid-week script.
I thought so too, they had so much late energy, we needed that around 60 mins not 70.

It's been nailed in here too, MMc is a real ruck presence and the team flops when he gets replaced. He just makes such good contact, not even the Robbie Farah-type "grab the ball and hold on", real shoulder in and leg driving tackle. He puts players on their arse.

MMc is the forward defender that Edwards is supposed to be, but Edwards just isn't showing that domination we need in defence, plus his attack is negligible. I'd rather one of the young props Felise or Tatola for Edwards, and try to max out MMc's minutes.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:41 am

TIGER wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:44 pm
:righton:
fergiefurr wrote:
Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:04 pm
Pretty much how I saw it.
I don't know what game half you blokes watched but he was a big letdown for me, just his passing alone I feel rushed Moses at important times.
I didn't see any sign of zip around the ruck that everyone raves about either.
I know it's way too early but it looks like another over hyped WT youngster to me.
We'll see I guess, but I think he's too small.
A bit rough. I believe that this was his first run this year. Ease up.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 11:08 am

I rated him in the 9s and some ppl on here thought I was crazy he is a no frills budget hooker doing Great job

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:06 pm

Just shows many here have no idea if they think Liddle is average ..played yesterday againts probable a grand final team with no game time at all and still looked ok .plenty of egg on face around the corner