Unread post by TIGER » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 8:03 pm

MCK on the bench.........meh

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by matchball » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:38 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 4:37 pm
You wanted a Brooks-free team, you have a Brooks-free team.

God help us if JLJ plays like a busted!
Well if based on your SUU thread, he hasn't really done a thing wrong.
0.5 which is equal second best performer for us.

He can tackle.

Adamtiger1

Unread post by Adamtiger1 » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:42 pm

The strongest benefit I see with this squad is this is the first time (from memory) we have a 4 prop rotation with that bench. Previous weeks has always seen Edwards or aloia used in the prop rotation.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by jadtiger » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:44 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 6:46 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 6:38 pm
VanillaThunder wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 6:06 pm

Lawrence was one of our best on the weekend, horrible the week before but he earned his spot. Brooks was never considered because of injury but I'd still take him over JLJ, got a feeling Moses will struggle being the only half.
I must be going blind then because I was out there on Sunday and he was horrible.
It's because he had hit the invisible button on his Marvel jersey when you where watching..funny how a lot of forum users had Lawrence among the 3,2,1...
Ah that explains it!
Lawrence is not a great player but was one of our top 5 players last week.Really hope he retires or moves on at the end of the year but there is no way i can bag his effort against the storm

willow

Unread post by willow » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:55 pm

That's the best balanced side we have named this season. Happy to see Aloiai start and Sue revert back to the bench. I think Chee-Kam can count himself a little unlucky. I would rather see him start in the centres and give Frozone the flick because he has offered nothing this season so far. Still think the Dragons will beat us, but I think it will be close.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 10:12 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:55 pm
That's the best balanced side we have named this season. Happy to see Aloiai start and Sue revert back to the bench. I think Chee-Kam can count himself a little unlucky. I would rather see him start in the centres and give Frozone the flick because he has offered nothing this season so far. Still think the Dragons will beat us, but I think it will be close.
His saving grace last year was that he was good with ball in hand. Hasn't looked threatening at all this season. He's on his last legs at this club. Def won't be here next season.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 10:18 pm

Reasonable side.

Idris needs to lift, JLJ needs to steady the ship and Moses will need to lift also as history has shown he performs better without Brooks.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tigerdave » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 10:50 pm

Not too bad given what we have available

We'll see if Ballin actually makes it onto the field

Club Sandwich

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 11:12 pm

Heaps better team and a massive step in the right direction in the post JT era.

Would love to see Tatola and Felise there somewhere though.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

marzie

Unread post by marzie » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 11:24 pm

I agree with Willow wish we'd drop Naiqama. Getting real sick of him trying to knock the ball out instead of tackling. Did anyone see on Sunday when addo Carr made a half break and Naiqama could have easily tackled from behind instead he leaped and tried to punch the ball out from behind, pretty much mounted his back clean missed the ball and thudded into the ground...he was nearly away after that too luckily teddy cleaned him up

Club Sandwich

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 9:26 am

marzie wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 11:24 pm
I agree with Willow wish we'd drop Naiqama. Getting real sick of him trying to knock the ball out instead of tackling. Did anyone see on Sunday when addo Carr made a half break and Naiqama could have easily tackled from behind instead he leaped and tried to punch the ball out from behind, pretty much mounted his back clean missed the ball and thudded into the ground...he was nearly away after that too luckily teddy cleaned him up
Yep Naqama is done. I doubt any other NRL team would have him in their 17. Every time we're defending and the ball goes anywhere near him I cringe.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

hodgo

Unread post by hodgo » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 12:58 pm

The truth is we haven't been able to score points so adding idris makes sense. He also can't be any weaker defensively then what's been happening

batboy

Unread post by batboy » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:07 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 28 Mar, 2017 9:55 pm
Funny you should mention that - I believe Chee Kam was considered a right side Centre by Manly Coaching staff....

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:32 pm

marzie wrote:
Yeah commented on that in the live game thread

I think Woods got him though

Naiqama needs to be replaced asap but I'm not sure Chee Kam is the answer either , he has missed his fair share of tackles this season

marzie

Unread post by marzie » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:48 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:32 pm
marzie wrote:

Naiqama needs to be replaced asap but I'm not sure Chee Kam is the answer either , he has missed his fair share of tackles this season
Why not Suli? We have guys like Justin hunt that can do a decent job on the wing for us

TIGER

Unread post by TIGER » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:56 pm

Who's gonna stop Vaughan?

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 2:02 pm

marzie wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:48 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 1:32 pm
marzie wrote:

Why not Suli? We have guys like Justin hunt that can do a decent job on the wing for us
I agree , its his favoured position

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 2:17 pm

I think maybe some of our depth players that dont seem to get a chance in NRL may have a better opportunity once Cleary comes in....just an opinion but Hunt and some of the others could go better with the help of Ivan,I dont really know just a thought because in rugby league some players dont go well under some coaches but thrive under others...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”