Apart from a couple...

tigers05

Re: Apart from a couple...

Post by tigers05 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:39 pm

I'm hating the footy season already

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:46 pm

Moses copped a gob full from the members section of the crowd after throwing a lame intercept ball in the second half, he turned around and just waived his hand at the crowd. In my book your got to be mentally stronger that reacting to the crowd

Trisdar

Post by Trisdar » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:50 pm

Shows his maturity level.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:53 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:22 pm
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:11 pm
If we pay overs for Teddy, we are going to be in serious trouble. Most of our backline problems emanate from him.
If anyone else in the backline (apart from Nofoaluma) was at least half-competent I'd agree with.
But as it stands Tedesco should just run himself every time he gets the ball because he's at least 10x better than anyone he's going to pass it to.
Rubbish. Give ball to Suli and Naiqama. They do alright. Naiqama may be woeful in defence but is attack is okay. Give him early ball and at least he has half a chance.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:53 pm

Moses has really dropped the ball in the last few weeks. He is either carrying and injury we cant see, or this whole contract thing is weighing too much on him. Do him and us a favour, tell him he has a fortnight to re sign. If he doesnt, all offers are off the table and we chase someone else.

And when i say re sign, i mean at our price, not his. Take it or leave it.

We can do as good for much less $$$$$. Probably buy a good half and a strong backrower for the same as he is being offered.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:53 pm

Trisdar wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:50 pm
Shows his maturity level.
Now I know why he needs his personal sports physiologist.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:55 pm

Moses was a bust again today. If you try and take positives out of this it's that his price tag is plummeting. We're slowly getting the upper hand on him in negotiations I reckon, because who is going to outbid us for him? And he wants to play in a grand final side lol

Post by 851 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:14 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:55 pm
Moses was a bust again today. If you try and take positives out of this it's that his price tag is plummeting. We're slowly getting the upper hand on him in negotiations I reckon, because who is going to outbid us for him? And he wants to play in a grand final side lol
You are right, no one is going to pay him what he wants, and to think his manager has screwed him over by telling him to hold off on signing is pretty bloody funny.
Go hard or go home

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:19 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:53 pm
Sabre wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
If we pay overs for Teddy, we are going to be in serious trouble. Most of our backline problems emanate from him.
If anyone else in the backline (apart from Nofoaluma) was at least half-competent I'd agree with.
But as it stands Tedesco should just run himself every time he gets the ball because he's at least 10x better than anyone he's going to pass it to.
Rubbish. Give ball to Suli and Naiqama. They do alright. Naiqama may be woeful in defence but is attack is okay. Give him early ball and at least he has half a chance.
Suli ran the ball hard today and I believe it is a waste having him on the wing. At this stage now more benefit would be obtained by playing him at right centre.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:21 pm

To be honest our "big 4" are playing like random scrubs.I am totally over them, give them all a realistic offer and one week to sign it after the coaches announcement.No ifs buts or maybes all 4 are replaceable.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:22 pm

Nofoaluma let in the first 3 try's. Do not blame his inside men,the moron watches the ball float past him each time. His attack doesn't cancel out his disgraceful defence. Cut him loose as well.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:23 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:19 pm
southerntiger wrote:
Sabre wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Suli ran the ball hard today and I believe it is a waste having him on the wing. At this stage now more benefit would be obtained by playing him at right centre.
I agree 100% Paws. At least Suli would straighten our attack.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:27 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Sabre wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
I thought this too...his carries were great and he was safe under the ball...I wonder why Webster is persisting with leaving him on the wing a right edge of Suli and Nofo would give Moses and Teddy more options on the side we seem to favour in attack...Suli's defence has been solid..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:30 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:23 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Sabre wrote:

I agree that Suli would be better in the centres but I can't agree that he runs the ball hard from kick returns. He just seems to be jogging to me and in that respect he should take a leaf out of Nofo's book but should look the other way at Nofo's defence. His defensive efforts today earn him the name Awfuluma.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:34 pm

Suli was one of the few that deserved any praise today

We need to upgrade his contract already

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:38 pm

Suli can't even keep his eyes on a ball and ground it to score. That try keeps us in the contest, we lost the game right there, not good enough. He wasn't even looking at the ball ffs

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:42 pm

right now we have no idea how to put in a collective effort

I remember seeing the Dragons in a similar sort of mess last year, hoping they would get a try, hoping there would be a saviour

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:30 pm
Newtown wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:23 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

I agree that Suli would be better in the centres but I can't agree that he runs the ball hard from kick returns. He just seems to be jogging to me and in that respect he should take a leaf out of Nofo's book but should look the other way at Nofo's defence. His defensive efforts today earn him the name Awfuluma.
Suli has a beautiful pair of hands in the classic centre mould and will put his right winger away. I also believe Nofo's defence will improve significantly because Suli is a very good defender at right centre.