Mitchell Moses

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Mitchell Moses

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:55 pm

He would be the first of the Not so Big 4 to go for mine.

He is a very poor mans Benji Marshall.

At least Benji in his prime could pull off plenty of his miracle plays.

Moses is just a poser, who is a shirt grader is defence, and takes a lot of soft options.

Even looked like he had go at Tigers supporters towards the end when a few were having a bit of a crack at him.

To be honest he looks like he thinks his ... doesn't stink.

Maybe get Brooks on the cheap and find him a good journeyman in the 6 that can tackle.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:58 pm

You may be right Eddie. Moses certainly hasn't started this season like he finished last season. He's gone backwards. I don't think the team is playing what they see in front of them either. Our set plays are too predictable and we're not throwing anything creatively at the opposition, a lot of that comes back to Moses and Brooks. JLJ offered nothing in attack today which made Moses even easier to handle.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm starting to think we're better off keeping Brooks tbh. Moses personality just rubs me the wrong way. Seems like a self entitled brat. Brooks barely says two words and I'm starting to believe he's being lead by the others. Behind a good pack he might excel. Cleary might be just what he needs,
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:02 pm

After today the big 4 myth is finally dead, also JLJ is not the answer, let them go and buy some committed players, some with an idea about attack. Also revamp JT's defensive structure, it clearly sucks.
Go hard or go home

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 72 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:03 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:58 pm
You may be right Eddie. Moses certainly hasn't started this season like he finished last season. He's gone backwards. I don't think the team is playing what they see in front of them either. Our set plays are too predictable and we're not throwing anything creatively at the opposition, a lot of that comes back to Moses and Brooks. JLJ offered nothing in attack today which made Moses even easier to handle.
We don't try isolate defenders , work opposition halves over , turn the big guys over inside , kick early in the count to try and tire big sides out , nothing that amounts to a game plan

I'm at the stage it's not coaches , it's the players and the quicker we turn over the entire roster nothing will change

Tedesco is even to blame , he is not even running at the few holes we do create

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:08 pm

Moses will make a living in the game but the status he thinks he is will never be attained , just has not got that bit extra!

sideline eye
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:12 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:02 pm
After today the big 4 myth is finally dead, also JLJ is not the answer, let them go and buy some committed players, some with an idea about attack. Also revamp JT's defensive structure, it clearly sucks.
The two responsible for the defensive structure are Webster and Stringer. You could say that JT was the boss and that makes him responsible but it was devised by those two. Other teams use an up and in compressed defence effectively but our players don't seem competent enough to use any defensive structure effectively. 31 missed tackles today, just disgraceful.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:03 pm
willow wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:58 pm
We don't try isolate defenders , work opposition halves over , turn the big guys over inside , kick early in the count to try and tire big sides out , nothing that amounts to a game plan

I'm at the stage it's not coaches , it's the players and the quicker we turn over the entire roster nothing will change

Tedesco is even to blame , he is not even running at the few holes we do create
Unfortunately quite a few of those who played today (Lawrence etc) are contracted for 2018 but a complete, almost 100%, cleanout is needed before 2018. The club finally has the money to do this. Historically many team have had a 100% cleanout and overall the results have been good.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:15 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 6:55 pm
He would be the first of the Not so Big 4 to go for mine.

He is a very poor mans Benji Marshall.

At least Benji in his prime could pull off plenty of his miracle plays.

Moses is just a poser, who is a shirt grader is defence, and takes a lot of soft options.

Even looked like he had go at Tigers supporters towards the end when a few were having a bit of a crack at him.

To be honest he looks like he thinks his ... doesn't stink.

Maybe get Brooks on the cheap and find him a good journeyman in the 6 that can tackle.
I think it's not only a good way to go. But IMO it's the only way to go.

Pawsandclaws

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
I'm starting to think we're better off keeping Brooks tbh. Moses personality just rubs me the wrong way. Seems like a self entitled brat. Brooks barely says two words and I'm starting to believe he's being lead by the others. Behind a good pack he might excel. Cleary might be just what he needs,
Brooks' interview prior to the game was refreshing. When asked about his future, he was clearly frustrated. I think it is pretty clear he wants to stay and play. Perhaps it is time to tell Isaac enough is enough.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 72 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:16 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:12 pm
851 wrote:
The two responsible for the defensive structure are Webster and Stringer. You could say that JT was the boss and that makes him responsible but it was devised by those two. Other teams use an up and in compressed defence effectively but our players don't seem competent enough to use any defensive structure effectively. 31 missed tackles today, just disgraceful.
We aren't fit enough to play an up and in compressed line , we are not strong enough to even contemplate going man on man or live with a slide defence and we've seen the horrors of sending players out of the line trying to close down attacks

Tell me one defensive pattern we can work with .....

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:19 pm

Demanding the pay he currently is,he should've won us that game. He was horrible. Cut him loose or reduce the offer. See how his puppet master reacts to our ransom demands. The 4s bargaining power decreases every week.

tigers05

Unread post by tigers05 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:23 pm

I say get lost you money hungry boy. We don't need players like you who think they are the best but in reality are John West's rejects. With the money you want we can buy a much better half with experience and take your manager with you!!

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:31 pm

Moses is playing like someone who has already signed a big contract elsewhere.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:31 pm

He's carrying our bloody team on his own, he's trying too hard but someone has to.
He's still a kid and has more talent than our entire team put together, put a decent team around him and watch how he kills it. You people have no idea or vision.

Pawsandclaws

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:34 pm

We need to retain our halves and play them behind a dominant pack. Suli should move to right centre and I think you will see a big improvement in Nofo's defence. Suli is a good defender at right centre.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:35 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:31 pm
Moses is playing like someone who has already signed a big contract elsewhere.
I agree 100%.

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:36 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:16 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Brooks' interview prior to the game was refreshing. When asked about his future, he was clearly frustrated. I think it is pretty clear he wants to stay and play. Perhaps it is time to tell Isaac enough is enough.
Funnily enough I'm also all for Brooks staying over Moses if that's the choice (despite believing the opposite for a while). Moses demeanour really puts me off and I just doubt his commitment to the club. I also believe he's the exact kind of player we don't need - Benji Marshall Mk. 2, erratic and over excited. We know how that ended.. Brooks strikes me as having more composure and I really hope he does improve and makes his mark here.

Return to “Round 5: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”