Mitchell Moses

tigers05

Re: Mitchell Moses

Unread post by tigers05 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:36 pm

TIGER wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:31 pm
He's carrying our bloody team on his own, he's trying too hard but someone has to.
He's still a kid and has more talent than our entire team put together, put a decent team around him and watch how he kills it. You people have no idea or vision.
We have no vision lol.... for the money he's asking we can get a rep half that will perform without trying too hard as you put it. Maybe he should go if some club is prepared to stump up the cash. In my eyes he's not worth the dollars he's asking

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:02 pm
I'm starting to think we're better off keeping Brooks tbh. Moses personality just rubs me the wrong way. Seems like a self entitled brat. Brooks barely says two words and I'm starting to believe he's being lead by the others. Behind a good pack he might excel. Cleary might be just what he needs,
100% agree. Let Moses walk and use the money to buy a 6 with a bit of leadership and experience (Like an Austin πŸ™„). I've had it with Moses hero plays. No doubting he has a go, but he just doesn't do it for me.

sideline eye
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:37 pm

I always thought we would regret letting Blake Austin go; at the time he was head and shoulders better than Moses and the gap widens every week. I also thought we would regret letting Te Maire Martin go and....... Ah well, when does the cricket start? Oh yeah, we suck at that, too.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:40 pm

Offer him $250k and if he does not like it ...............
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:47 pm

happy tiger wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:16 pm
sideline eye wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:12 pm
851 wrote: ↑
After today the big 4 myth is finally dead, also JLJ is not the answer, let them go and buy some committed players, some with an idea about attack. Also revamp JT's defensive structure, it clearly sucks.
The two responsible for the defensive structure are Webster and Stringer. You could say that JT was the boss and that makes him responsible but it was devised by those two. Other teams use an up and in compressed defence effectively but our players don't seem competent enough to use any defensive structure effectively. 31 missed tackles today, just disgraceful.
We aren't fit enough to play an up and in compressed line , we are not strong enough to even contemplate going man on man or live with a slide defence and we've seen the horrors of sending players out of the line trying to close down attacks

Tell me one defensive pattern we can work with .....
I hope Cleary has assistants in mind as the whole coaching staff should go.
We are that bad

tigers05

Unread post by tigers05 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:47 pm

sheer64 wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:40 pm
Offer him $250k and if he does not like it ...............
I'd take the offer off the table and chase Jack Bird

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 90 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:52 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote: ↑
I'm starting to think we're better off keeping Brooks tbh. Moses personality just rubs me the wrong way. Seems like a self entitled brat. Brooks barely says two words and I'm starting to believe he's being lead by the others. Behind a good pack he might excel. Cleary might be just what he needs,
Brooks' interview prior to the game was refreshing. When asked about his future, he was clearly frustrated. I think it is pretty clear he wants to stay and play. Perhaps it is time to tell Isaac enough is enough.
Based on that interview I would resign him as quickly as possible. At least he wants to be here.

scruffy1

Unread post by scruffy1 » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:57 pm

Whizz from Wests Ron Massey is the best half back in the Club, needs his contract upgraded and our season saved, Littlejohn and Brookes need to play alongside a master like him, the ISP is full of kids teaching kids at present......and this problem continues right up to FG.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:59 pm

Earl wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:52 pm
Brooks' interview prior to the game was refreshing. When asked about his future, he was clearly frustrated. I think it is pretty clear he wants to stay and play. Perhaps it is time to tell Isaac enough is enough.
Based on that interview I would resign him as quickly as possible. At least he wants to be here.
I was at the game so I missed it. What did he say?

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 8:05 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:47 pm
happy tiger wrote: ↑
sideline eye wrote: ↑
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:12 pm
851 wrote: ↑
After today the big 4 myth is finally dead, also JLJ is not the answer, let them go and buy some committed players, some with an idea about attack. Also revamp JT's defensive structure, it clearly sucks.
The two responsible for the defensive structure are Webster and Stringer. You could say that JT was the boss and that makes him responsible but it was devised by those two. Other teams use an up and in compressed defence effectively but our players don't seem competent enough to use any defensive structure effectively. 31 missed tackles today, just disgraceful.
We aren't fit enough to play an up and in compressed line , we are not strong enough to even contemplate going man on man or live with a slide defence and we've seen the horrors of sending players out of the line trying to close down attacks

Tell me one defensive pattern we can work with .....
I hope Cleary has assistants in mind as the whole coaching staff should go.
We are that bad
This still all comes back to our playing roster , been saying it for a long time now

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 8:05 pm

I said a few weeks ago we had the chance to have a turbocharged Austin Martin and instead ended up with a putt putt Broses. Its about time this club stopped using a crystal ball to work out who to keep and start rewarding those who actually put in.

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 90 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 8:10 pm

Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:59 pm
He sounded like he wanted to be at the club and wanted to have a contract sorted already. He sounded frustrated it was taking so long. Very different to the other 3.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 8:13 pm

Sun 02 Apr, 2017 8:10 pm
Sun 02 Apr, 2017 7:59 pm

He sounded like he wanted to be at the club and wanted to have a contract sorted already. He sounded frustrated it was taking so long. Very different to the other 3.
I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Personality wise, I find it hard to believe he would be holding the club to ransom. I think he's along for the ride.

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 8:16 pm

Today was shocking. When the going got tough, he got selfish and took cheap and weak options.
We had enough ball and territory to win the game comfortably, and yet we copped a touch up ourselves.
The attacking structure is putrid (and that's a coaching issue), but it's clear he didn't have a clue as to lead the team around himself.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 8:22 pm

I can't see him playing in a grand final side if they are relying on him to guide them around.

BornBlack&Gold

Unread post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 9:14 pm

I'm coming to think this way too now. Brooks atleast seems to want to stay. Yes his defence is rubbish but so is moses, and i truly believe we can only carry one of them in the defensive line. Given brooks will be cheaper and wants to stay i personally choose him.
Also i liked what i saw of him under the coaching of potter. he and tedesco had a great combination. I am hoping it was the coaching of taylor that caused him to go backwards and that cleary can bring that form back.
If we keep he and teddy i'm happy. Then rebuild the rest of the squad with whats left.

Tigrr
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Tigrr » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

You guys championing Brooks have short memories. Both him and now Moses have forgotten how to play. Very much doubt if Brooks will ever get his confidence back as he has no fire in him. Moses might get his mojo back but he is only as good as the guys around him running off him.

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Sun 02 Apr, 2017 9:29 pm

We need Cleary to start NOW!
This year is lost ..... back to school for all of them.
Time to listen and do and produce what the club is paying good money to expect.
Anyone not willing to attend should be shown the door.
As far as Big 4 $s ...... that is a mythical creature that does not exist.
And that goes for all of them including "throw everything at" Teddy!

Return to β€œRound 5: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”